News
JUST IN: Additional 188 exhibits Tendered in Court against Tinubu’s election by Peter Obi
The Labour Party (LP) candidate in the last election, Peter Obi has on Tuesday, tendered additional 188 exhibits against the declaration of Bola Ahmed Tinubu as winner of the election, in a bid to establish his allegations of malpractices in the conduct of the February 25 presidential election.
The exhibits, mainly results sheets and reports used by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) during the election, were tendered at the Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC) and admitted as exhibits to be used to determine the legality or otherwise of Tinubu’s return as the President.
Obi, through a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, Peter Afoba, tendered forms EC40GPU, EC40G1 and reports prepared by the electoral body after the election.
A breakdown showed that 45 EC40GPU forms were tendered in 10 Local Government Areas of Niger State, 23 in seven Local Government Areas of Osun, 17 in three Local Government Areas of Edo State and 52 EC40GPU forms in five Local Government Areas of Sokoto were tendered.
Obi also tendered 15 forms EC40G in 8 Local Government Areas of Osun State, 12 forms EC40G1 in 12 Local Government Areas of Edo, 15 forms EC40G in four Local Government Areas of Sokoto and 9 EC40G1 forms in two Local Government Areas of Sokoto.
The Labour Party’s presidential candidate also tendered 5 reports on the conduct of the election in Niger State and 8 in Edo to back his allegations of malpractices during the conduct of the election.
Although the admission of the exhibits was contested by INEC, Tinubu, Kashim Shetima and the All Progressives Congress (APC), the Presiding Justice of the Court, Haruna Simon Tsammani admitted them as exhibits.
At Tuesday’s proceedings, Obi also tendered INEC Results Viewing (IRev) reports in 21 Local Government Areas of Adamawa State, 20 in Ogun State, 16 in Ekiti State, 19 in Rivers State and 25 in Akwa Ibom State.
Meanwhile, the Court has shifted further hearing in the petition to June 14.
News
Navy’s Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Katagum dies in Egypt
Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.
Photo: Rear Admiral Musa Katagun
Chief of Operations at Naval headquarters, Rear Admiral Musa Katagun is dead at a hospital in Egypt.
News of Rear Admiral Katagun’s death was confirmed by military sources on Thursday.
Katagum is said to have traveled to Egypt for follow up medical evaluation after undergoing an initial surgery in September last year.
Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.
News
Ondo monarch gunned down outside palace
The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.
•Kehinde Jacob Faledon
Kehinde Jacob Faledon, the traditional ruler of Agamo Community in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, has been shot dead.
Police Public Relations Officer in Ondo, Jimoh Abayomi, confirmed the incident, said that the monarch was killed after gunmen forced him out of the palace, on Wednesday night.
The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.
“Information reached the division at about 7:50pm from a community leader, High Chief Ajewole Clement of New Town, Itaogbolu, that about six armed men stormed the residence of the monarch and forcibly took him away,” Abayomi said.
“The victim was subsequently found with gunshot injuries and was confirmed dead at the scene.
“The divisional police officer supported by tactical teams of the command, mobilised officers in collaboration with local hunters, Atuluse Security, and Amotekun operatives are combing the surrounding bushes and neighbouring communities.
News
British Royal House Confers on Wale Edun “Commander of the Royal Victorian Order”
Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.
The British Royal House has conferred the honour of Commander of the Royal Victorian Order on Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Wale Edun.
The investiture at Windsor Castle carried a ceremony and symbolism.
Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.
The award places Edun among a select group of global achievers whose public contributions transcend borders.
The ceremony also recognised Lydia Tischler, a Holocaust survivor and child psychotherapist; Rhys McClenaghan for services to gymnastics; and John Whiston for services to broadcasting and television.
Edun’s recognition resonated far beyond the grandeur of Windsor, highlighting the growing international regard for Nigeria’s reform leadership.
A former trustee of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, Edun’s career has long combined global engagement with institution-building.
Those same principles underpin his stewardship of Nigeria’s economy, where confidence, discipline, and consistency have become the defining themes of reform.
Since assuming office, Nigeria has begun to reverse years of macroeconomic fragility.
-
News21 hours agoOndo monarch gunned down outside palace
-
Politics3 days agoPolitical thugs invades Ondo APC ward congress , beats chairman
-
Business2 days agoDangote Forecasts Major Naira Appreciation to ₦1,100 per Dollar in 2026
-
Business2 days agoFive Truths Dangote Tells FG About Industrialising Nigeria
-
Business2 days agoNRS Fixes 2028 for e- invoicing tax collections full takeoff
-
News3 days agoRamadan Fasting Begins Tomorrow, Says Sultan
-
Politics2 days agoAgain, Violence Erupts at Ondo APC Congress in Idanre
-
News2 days agoGas Leaks Kill 37 Miners in Plateau, 25 Hospitalised
