Connect with us

Entertainment

Alexx Ekubo for burial June 18

The funeral programme will begin with a service of songs on Wednesday, June 10, 2026, at The Monarch Event Centre, Lekki, Lagos, scheduled to hold between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., with guests expected to wear white.

Published

on

367 Views

The family of the deceased Nollywood actor Alexx Ekubo has announced funeral arrangements, with burial rites scheduled to be completed on June 18, 2026.

Actor Alexx died on May 11 as a result of kidney cancer.

His obituary was announced by the family on his Instagram’s page.

The funeral programme will begin with a service of songs on Wednesday, June 10, 2026, at The Monarch Event Centre, Lekki, Lagos, scheduled to hold between 4:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., with guests expected to wear white.

A wake-keep will follow on Wednesday, June 17, 2026, at the family residence on 7 Ekubo-Okwaraeke Avenue, Aziukwukwa, Ujari Village, Arochukwu, Abia State, while the funeral service and interment are slated for Thursday, June 18, 2026 at Mary Slessor School in Arochukwu, and the burial will take place at the family residence in Ujari Village.

A reception is also scheduled immediately after the interment at Mary Slessor School, Amanagwu Village, Arochukwu, with attendees expected to wear white dress.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

BREAKING: Veteran Nollywood Actor Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ Reportedly Dies at 66

Published

on

15 Views

The actor died after battle with Cancer

Popular Yoruba Nollywood actor Taiwo Hassan, widely known as Ogogo, has died at the age of 66.

The veteran actor passed away on Sunday, August 23, 2026, after a prolonged battle with stage 4 cancer. His death was confirmed by his daughter, Kira (also referred to as Kaira) Taiwo, during an emotional Instagram Live session in which she said, “My daddy is dead.”

The news was also announced by industry figures, including Best of Nollywood awards founder Seun Oloketuyi, who wrote: “Taiwo Hassan Ogogo is dead. He finally lost the battle of life.” Fellow actor Jide Kosoko and others also confirmed the development.

Ogogo’s family had recently appealed for specialised medical help after doctors said chemotherapy was no longer viable. Earlier rumours of his death earlier in the week were debunked by the family.

Born on October 31, 1959, in Ilaro, Ogun State, Taiwo Hassan became one of the most recognisable faces in Yoruba cinema over a career spanning more than three decades. He was celebrated for memorable roles as warriors, stern fathers, chiefs and other powerful characters that helped shape modern Yoruba filmmaking.

His passing has drawn tributes from fans, colleagues and members of the Nollywood community mourning the loss of a veteran who entertained millions.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

US Actress Hayden Panettiere Dies At 36

Born in 1989, Panettiere became a child star and went on to have numerous roles in both film and TV.
Her credits include “Remember The Titans,” “Ice Princess,” “Scream 4” and “Scream VI.”

Published

on

By

93 Views

•Hayden Panettiere

Hayden Panettiere, an actress known for her roles in popular TV series “Heroes” and “Nashville,” has died aged 36.

Her father confirmed the actress’ death in a statement to ABC News.

“It is with profound sadness that we share the tragic passing of our beloved Hayden. She was an incredible light and a force of nature who brought immeasurable love and joy to all who knew her — and to the millions who watched her onscreen,” he said.

He asked that her family be given privacy while they “process this unimaginable loss.”

Details about her death were not immediately given, but news outlet TMZ said there was an “open investigation” into the cause.

Born in 1989, Panettiere became a child star and went on to have numerous roles in both film and TV. Her credits include “Remember The Titans,” “Ice Princess,” “Scream 4” and “Scream VI.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Disney agrees deal to let TikTokers use its films and TV shows in videos

The scheme will be launched in the US before being rolled out to other countries.

Published

on

By

138 Views

Image: PIXAR/ BBC

Disney and TikTok have agreed a deal which will allow creators to use clips from Disney films, including its subsidiaries, in their videos.

It means clips from hit franchises like Star Wars, Toy Story and the Marvel Cinematic Universe will soon start popping up in videos – which will also be shared on Disney’s short-form video platform, Verts.

The scheme will be launched in the US before being rolled out to other countries.

Neither company shared financial details of the agreement, although it follows the collapse of a $1bn (£745m) deal between Disney and OpenAI which would have let people use its characters in AI-generated videos.

Source: BBC NEWS

Continue Reading

Trending