Entertainment
2Baba is Missing, Family Petitions DSS
Please Natasha, the beads you put on his hand and on his neck, remove them and free him.
The family of 2Baba has petitioned Yusuf Magaji, the director-general of the Department of State Services (DSS), over his “sudden disappearance”.
In the petition, dated February 7, the Idibia family claimed 2Baba had been missing since February 10.
The letter said he had left his residence in his lounge wear — suggesting that he was going for habitual walk — but has not returned home since then.
The family said they find it “strange” because 2Baba usually goes out with bodyguards and protocol. According to the petition, several friends claimed that they had received messages from his social media accounts asking for financial assistance which was unlike him.
This, the family argued, has led them to suspect that he might have been abducted or his identity compromised.
The family also appealed to the DSS to take immediate action, expressing worries about the possibility of foul play and coercion.
The petition comes amid 2Baba’s recent announcement of his split from Annie Idibia and his new relationship with Edo state lawmaker Natasha Osawaru.
The singer proposed to Natasha in a viral video on Wednesday. He was captured presenting the lawmaker with a ring and sealing their love with a long, tender embrace.
But on Thursday, Rose Idibia, 2Baba’s mother, pleaded with Natasha to leave her son alone, citing concerns over his state of mind. “Good evening, Nigerians.
My name is Mrs Rose Idibia, the mother of 2face. This message is for Miss Natasha Osawaru of Edo State.
I’m calling on all mothers in Nigeria to help me beg her to free my son,” she said.
My son is going through a divorce process, and he is clearly not in his right senses now. I know my son well. That is not him.
“Please Natasha, the beads you put on his hand and on his neck, remove them and free him.”
▪︎The Cable
Entertainment
Nollywood’s Mercy Johnson Becomes Governor Okpebholo’s Special Adviser
Johnson-Okojie, in her new role as special adviser on public engagement and advocacy, would deploy her vast public influence, communication expertise and grassroots reach to strengthen citizens’ engagement with government policies and programmes.
• Mercy Johnson-Okojie
Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo has appointed prominent actress, Mercy Johnson-Okojie, as special adviser on public engagement and advocacy.
Johnson-Okojie was, in 2017, appointed as senior special assistant (SSA) on Entertainment, Arts and Culture to former Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.
This is disclosed by Secretary to Edo State Government, Musa Ikhilor, describing Johnson-Okojie as an accomplished Nigerian actress, producer, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
“Johnson-Okojie, in her new role as special adviser on public engagement and advocacy, would deploy her vast public influence, communication expertise and grassroots reach to strengthen citizens’ engagement with government policies and programmes,” said the statement.
It said the appointment underscored Governor Okpebholo’s commitment to harnessing the expertise, credibility and public goodwill of distinguished Nigerians in advancing the administration’s vision for a prosperous and united Edo State.
Entertainment
Donald Trump: I love Nicki Minaj
In a video of the event circulating online, Trump told the audience: “How about Nicki Minaj? Do we love Nicki Minaj? I love Nicki Minaj. She was here a couple of weeks ago. She’s so beautiful, her skin’s so beautiful. I said, ‘Nikki, you’re so beautiful.’ Her nails are so long.”
United States President Donald Trump has expressed admiration for American rapper Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty, popularly known as Nicki Minaj, describing her as “so beautiful”.
Speaking at a Black History Month event in Washington, the 79-year-old president praised the 43-year-old rapper’s appearance in remarks that quickly went viral on social media.
In a video of the event circulating online, Trump told the audience: “How about Nicki Minaj? Do we love Nicki Minaj? I love Nicki Minaj. She was here a couple of weeks ago. She’s so beautiful, her skin’s so beautiful. I said, ‘Nikki, you’re so beautiful.’ Her nails are so long.”
He continued, recounting a lighthearted exchange with the rapper during her recent visit.
“I said, Nikki, are they real? She didn’t want to get into that, but she was so beautiful and so great. And she gets it, more importantly,” Trump said.
According to the president, he first took note of Minaj’s appearance when she visited the White House in recent weeks.
Trump’s remarks came shortly after Nicki Minaj marked Presidents’ Day by sharing photos referencing her growing rapport with the president.
The images, posted on her X account, carried the caption: “Happy President’s Day.”
Reports also indicate that the rapper attended the Trump-backed World Liberty Forum on Wednesday, where she participated as a keynote speaker on a panel titled “Owning the Culture: The Business of Music in a Creator-Led Economy.”
Minaj previously met Trump in January at the Trump Accounts Summit in Washington, D.C., where she stood beside him and described herself as the “president’s No. 1 fan.”
Entertainment
Nollywood Actress Aunty Ajara dies after illness
We also use this opportunity to appeal to those sending money not to send it anymore. The one we are contributing for her sake is no more. Thank you so much. We do not want you to send money into that account again.”
Nollywood actress Ajara Lasisi, popularly known as Aunty Ajara, is dead.
Her death was announced this morning by Nollywood director, Tobi Oladele Teemony, also known as Tee Mony.
In a statement shared on Instagram, he said: “With heavy hearts, we announce the passing of our beloved actress, Aunty Ajara.
Aunty Ajara died overnight after a long and courageous battle with illness.
Teemony said that the dead actress received “immense love, prayers, and financial support from kind-hearted people across the world during her illness.
“We are deeply grateful to everyone who stood by her with prayers, contributions, encouragement, and compassion,” he added.
He also urged members of the public to stop sending donations to the account previously shared for her treatment, stating that financial contributions were “no longer required”.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with her family, loved ones, and everyone grieving this painful loss,” the statement added.
Following her death, her elder brother, Ridwan Lasisi, said that the families appreciate the efforts of the Hollywood president and all industry members.
“We also use this opportunity to appeal to those sending money not to send it anymore. The one we are contributing for her sake is no more. Thank you so much. We do not want you to send money into that account again.”
-
News3 days agoOndo monarch gunned down outside palace
-
Politics2 days agoAbuja Area Council Elections Hold Tomorrow
-
Entertainment2 days agoNollywood’s Mercy Johnson Becomes Governor Okpebholo’s Special Adviser
-
Entertainment3 days agoDonald Trump: I love Nicki Minaj
-
Politics2 days agoKano assembly by-elections hold Saturday
-
News3 days agoBritish Royal House Confers on Wale Edun “Commander of the Royal Victorian Order”
-
Business3 days agoCBN’s Cardoso Advocates cross-border payments reform at G-24 meeting
-
Business2 days agoFAAN stops cash collection at airports nationwide
