Connect with us

Entertainment

Yemi Alade accuses Lagos radio station of blacklisting her music’

Published

on

454 Views

Nigerian singer Yemi Alade has accused Lagos-based radio stations Cool FM Nigeria and CloudAfrica FM of blacklisting her music following her absence at their event.

In a post shared on X (formerly Twitter), the 35-year-old artist explained that she was invited to perform at Cool FM’s December 2023 event but couldn’t attend. She said she reached out afterward to apologize, but her efforts were reportedly ignored.

According to Yemi, the station’s managers, Mr. Serge Noujaim and Mr. Joseph Adamu, allegedly held her absence against her, resulting in a near-year-long blacklist of her songs on Cool FM and CloudAfrica FM.

“Mr. Serge and Mr. Joseph, this life is not hard like that. WE SEE YOU… I SEE YOU @cloutafrica @CoolFMNigeria. This world is a small village. My God will fight for me… Una dey form gatekeepers in 2024,” she wrote.

She expressed shock at how her entire music catalogue was reportedly removed from the stations’ playlists, barring DJs from playing her songs, old or new.

“Since December 2023, I personally reached out in January. You are still refusing to play my music and giving my team a hard time. You’re not gatekeepers, and you are not God, Mr. Serge Noujaim and Mr. Joseph Adamu,” she added.

Yemi further accused the stations of intimidation and acting unfairly. “The common decency to reach out and clear up any misunderstanding caused by sheer carelessness on your part for a whole year, and your next move is to place an embargo on my songs? Remove my whole catalogue,” she continued in another post.

Her claims have sparked discussions online, with fans and industry observers questioning the alleged power dynamics and fairness in the entertainment space.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Donald Trump: I love Nicki Minaj

In a video of the event circulating online, Trump told the audience: “How about Nicki Minaj? Do we love Nicki Minaj? I love Nicki Minaj. She was here a couple of weeks ago. She’s so beautiful, her skin’s so beautiful. I said, ‘Nikki, you’re so beautiful.’ Her nails are so long.”

Published

on

By

6 Views

United States President Donald Trump has expressed admiration for American rapper Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty, popularly known as Nicki Minaj, describing her as “so beautiful”.

Speaking at a Black History Month event in Washington, the 79-year-old president praised the 43-year-old rapper’s appearance in remarks that quickly went viral on social media.

In a video of the event circulating online, Trump told the audience: “How about Nicki Minaj? Do we love Nicki Minaj? I love Nicki Minaj. She was here a couple of weeks ago. She’s so beautiful, her skin’s so beautiful. I said, ‘Nikki, you’re so beautiful.’ Her nails are so long.”

He continued, recounting a lighthearted exchange with the rapper during her recent visit.

“I said, Nikki, are they real? She didn’t want to get into that, but she was so beautiful and so great. And she gets it, more importantly,” Trump said.

According to the president, he first took note of Minaj’s appearance when she visited the White House in recent weeks.

Trump’s remarks came shortly after Nicki Minaj marked Presidents’ Day by sharing photos referencing her growing rapport with the president.

The images, posted on her X account, carried the caption: “Happy President’s Day.”

Reports also indicate that the rapper attended the Trump-backed World Liberty Forum on Wednesday, where she participated as a keynote speaker on a panel titled “Owning the Culture: The Business of Music in a Creator-Led Economy.”

Minaj previously met Trump in January at the Trump Accounts Summit in Washington, D.C., where she stood beside him and described herself as the “president’s No. 1 fan.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Nollywood Actress Aunty Ajara dies after illness

We also use this opportunity to appeal to those sending money not to send it anymore. The one we are contributing for her sake is no more. Thank you so much. We do not want you to send money into that account again.”

Published

on

By

79 Views

Nollywood actress Ajara Lasisi, popularly known as Aunty Ajara, is dead.

Her death was announced this morning by Nollywood director, Tobi Oladele Teemony, also known as Tee Mony.

In a statement shared on Instagram, he said: “With heavy hearts, we announce the passing of our beloved actress, Aunty Ajara.

Aunty Ajara died overnight after a long and courageous battle with illness.

Teemony said that the dead actress received “immense love, prayers, and financial support from kind-hearted people across the world during her illness.

“We are deeply grateful to everyone who stood by her with prayers, contributions, encouragement, and compassion,” he added.

He also urged members of the public to stop sending donations to the account previously shared for her treatment, stating that financial contributions were “no longer required”.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with her family, loved ones, and everyone grieving this painful loss,” the statement added.

Following her death, her elder brother, Ridwan Lasisi, said that the families appreciate the efforts of the Hollywood president and all industry members.

“We also use this opportunity to appeal to those sending money not to send it anymore. The one we are contributing for her sake is no more. Thank you so much. We do not want you to send money into that account again.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Beggar found to possess three houses, cars, other businesses acquired from proceeds of begging

In addition, he owned two auto-rickshaws that he had rented out to others, and a car for which he had hired a driver on a salary of 12,000 Rupees (about $130).

Published

on

By

86 Views

•Mangilal

A leprosy-stricken beggar on the streets of Indore in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, turned out to be a true slumdog millionaire, with several houses, vehicles and businesses to his name, the media in India reported.

As part of concentrated efforts to make Indore a beggar-free city, local authorities recently rescued a physically-challenged man who had been begging for years in the bustling Sarafa Bazaar.

Unable to walk, the 50-year-old man, known only as Mangilal, spent his days cross-legged on a small wooden platform fitted with wheels, slowly pushing himself around. He had lost his fingers to leprosy, so he was a sorry sight that made many reach into their pockets for a few notes.

Mangilal always stood on his platform with his gaze fixed on the ground, which only made him more pitiful.

But it turns out this was a carefully planned strategy that made him richer than most able-bodied people in the world.

After he was taken off the street, brought in, given a shower, and provided with clean clothes, Mangilal was questioned by civil servants about his situation, and it turned out that he wasn’t as helpless as he appeared.

He reportedly earned thousands of rupees per day begging and was lending money to shopkeepers in the Sarafa Bazaar at interest.

Subsequent checks revealed that he was not homeless but actually owned three houses: a three-storey house, a second house, and a flat that was given to him by a government welfare programme.

In addition, he owned two auto-rickshaws that he had rented out to others, and a car for which he had hired a driver on a salary of 12,000 Rupees (about $130).

Mangilal himself admitted that the money he earned in Safara wasn’t required for survival, but rather a source of funds for various investments.

Officials are currently checking if the 50-year-old beggar has any bank accounts to his name as well.

During the investigation, it was revealed that Mangilal’s family members were also involved in begging.

“I certainly go there, but don’t beg, it’s the people who put the money in my pocket or throw coins or notes on the wooden board,” Mangilal explained.

Continue Reading

Trending