Connect with us

Sports

Former Nigerian International Football Player, Daniel Amokachi Appointed Team Nigeria Ambassador

Published

on

470 Views

Former Nigerian International Football Player, Daniel Amokachi has been appointed as the Ambassador of Team Nigeria due to his outstanding football career.

Today, Amokachi is lending his fame and expertise to a cause that is close to his heart, known as the Homeless World Cup. 
 
The Former Nigerian International and Atlanta 96 Olympic Gold winner has been announced as “TEAM NIGERIA” Ambassador by Team Director Mr Yomi Kuku in Abuja, Nigeria.
 
During the signing ceremony, Dan Amokachi said, “I am excited to be an AMBASSADOR of Nigeria’s Homeless World Cup Team to bring awareness to the tournament. Football is a powerful tool that can be used to bring people together and promote social inclusion. I believe that events like the Homeless World Cup are essential as they provide a platform for homeless and vulnerable people to showcase their football talents, get recognized and significantly empower them. I am committed to giving my best to TEAM NIGERIA to the Homeless World Cup by championing its values across Nigeria on and off the pitch. 
 
The former Club Brugge, Everton and Besiktas star player used the occasion to announce the immediate deployment of his personal pet project; Daniel Amokachi Foundation as a partner of the Homeless World Cup country representative; Search and Groom Youth for Development Centre.  
 
Team Nigeria Director, Mr Yomi Kuku expressed excitement about the value and the opportunity to work with Daniel Amokachi. He said, “We are delighted to have Daniel Amokachi on board. His fame and experience in football will be invaluable in raising awareness for the tournament and the cause we stand for. “We believe that football can transform lives, and we are committed to making a difference in the lives of the homeless and vulnerable communities and individuals through this project across Nigeria.”
 
The Homeless World Cup is an annual street soccer event that brings together homeless people from across the world to participate in a football tournament that seeks to promote social inclusion and empowerment, the 2023 edition of the Homeless World Cup is slated to be held in Sacramento, California in July with 70 countries in attendance.
 
The Ambassador role for Daniel Amokachi is a testament to his passion for football and his desire to positively impact the lives of people. It is a reminder that football is more than just a game; it is an avenue for social change.
 

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Breaking: Arsenal Win Premier League For First Time In 22 Years

The Gunners, who have set the pace for most of the season, have bounced back impressively since losing to City last month, winning four straight league matches without conceding a goal.

Published

on

By

35 Views

Arsenal have won the Premier League for the first time in 22 years with a game to spare after Man City failed to win at Bournemouth.

Arsenal ended their 22-year wait to be crowned Premier League champions on Tuesday after Manchester City were held 1-1 by Bournemouth.

City had to win to take the title fight to the final day, but the Cherries extended their unbeaten streak to 17 league games, a run which has secured European football for the first time in the club’s history.

After finishing second for the past three seasons, Mikel Arteta’s Gunners have finally made it over the line to end a six-year trophy drought.

Arsenal edged to the brink of the title with an unconvincing 1-0 win over already relegated Burnley on Monday, which took them five points clear of City.

The Gunners, who have set the pace for most of the season, have bounced back impressively since losing to City last month, winning four straight league matches without conceding a goal.

Continue Reading

Sports

AFCON 2027 qualifiers: Nigeria to face Madagascar, Tanzania, Guinea-Bissau

The draw was conducted at the headquarters of the Egyptian Football Association in Cairo on Tuesday, with former Super Eagles captain William Troost-Ekong serving as one of the draw assistants.

Published

on

By

37 Views

Nigeria have been drawn in Group L of the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, where they will face Madagascar, co-hosts Tanzania and Guinea- Bissau for a place at the tournament.

Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda will host the tournament from June 19 to July 17, 2027.

The draw was conducted at the headquarters of the Egyptian Football Association in Cairo on Tuesday, with former Super Eagles captain William Troost-Ekong serving as one of the draw assistants.

A total of 48 teams will participate in the qualifiers, with the draw producing 12 groups and 24 teams qualifying for the finals.

Nigeria were drawn from Pot 1 and handed a relatively favourable path to the tournament.

However, due to the presence of Tanzania — who have qualified automatically as co-hosts — in the group, only the top team will qualify for the finals.

The same applies to other groups containing any of the co-hosts, while the top two teams from the remaining groups will qualify.

Continue Reading

Sports

Guardiola debunks Man City exit report

Since arriving at Manchester City in 2016, Guardiola has delivered an era of unprecedented success, winning six Premier League titles, the Champions League, three FA Cups, and five League Cups. His tenure has transformed the club into one of the most dominant forces in world football.

Published

on

By

50 Views

• Pep Guardiola , Manchester City

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has firmly rejected speculation that he is planning to leave the club at the end of the season, insisting he remains fully committed to his role at the Etihad Stadium.

Since arriving at Manchester City in 2016, Guardiola has delivered an era of unprecedented success, winning six Premier League titles, the Champions League, three FA Cups, and five League Cups.

His tenure has transformed the club into one of the most dominant forces in world football.

The Spaniard moved quickly to quell growing rumours during his pre-match press conference ahead of Tuesday’s Premier League clash against Bournemouth.

Recent reports had suggested that Manchester City were already making internal preparations for life after Guardiola, with former assistant Enzo Maresca emerging as a leading candidate to replace him.

However, Guardiola, who still has one year left on his current contract, appeared unfazed by the claims.

“So many times, I have one more year,” he said when asked about his future. “I am here, I have a contract.”

He also dismissed suggestions that the remaining fixtures could serve as a farewell tour, and laughed off reports that the club might name the newly expanded North Stand after him if he departs this summer.

Continue Reading

Trending