Connect with us

Sports

Nigeria International Boxer, Anthony Joshua sent ruthless message to Miller’s mother over failed fight

Published

on

543 Views

Nigeria International Boxer, Anthony Joshua has taken the opportunity to send a message to Jarrell Miller’s mother when their fight collapsed in 2019.

The division’s unified king at the time was due to defend his three belts against the hometown challenger at Madison Square Garden in New York on June 1, but ultimately ended up facing Andy Ruiz instead as Miller failed three drugs tests.

Recall that Miller tested positive for GW1516, HGH and EPO in an unprecedented hat-trick of failed VADA tests, the likes of which boxing had never seen before.

As a result, he was removed from the bout and replaced by Ruiz.

In a video posted to his YouTube channel explaining the situation, AJ said: “I didn’t wanna talk too much on the situation with Jarrell Miller because it’s not in my character to knock a man when he’s down.

“However there was a lot of things he said previously, in the press conferences and the build-up, so I wanted to crack him in his jaw.

“The lesson to learn in this situation is karma works in various ways and what goes around will come back around.

“I feel like he has taken fate and his own blessings out of his own hands.”

Joshua and Miller clashed at their initial press conference as the American shoved the Brit in their face-off.

They then engaged in a heated war of words in which ‘Big Baby’ insulted Joshua’s mother, causing the champion to bite back by branding himself ‘the landlord’ and insisting he was paying Miller’s mother’s rent.

AJ even blew a kiss to Miller’s mother, who was in attendance at the presser.

As the fight never happened, the challenger missed out on a staggering payday – but Joshua reassured Miller’s mother he would be happy to take care of her.

AJ continued: “Good luck to the kid Jarrell Miller whatever he does with his life. As I said, I’m not gonna knock him when he’s down.

“But he doesn’t even deserve to be in the ring with me or any other heavyweight right now.

“June 1, MSG, still going ahead. The landlord will still come and collect his rent.

“And by the way, to Miller’s mum, ‘I still love you and if there’s anything I can do for you, just let me know’.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Committees hit the ground running for 8th Kwara State Sports Festival

The committees is entrusted with the responsibility of planning, coordinating and executing a peaceful, transparent and impactful festival involving all 16 Local Government Areas of the state.

Published

on

By

38 Views

Kwara State Sports Commission has inaugurated the Main Organising Committee (MOC), the Local Organising Committee (LOC), and 12 sub-committees to oversee the successful hosting of the 8th Kwara State Sports Festival, the state’s flagship sporting event.

The 8th Kwara State Sports Festival is scheduled to hold from August 21 to 29 at the George Agbazika Innih Stadium Complex, Ilorin, with activities commencing daily at 9:00 a.m.

The committees was inaugurated by the Executive Chairman of the Commission, who doubles as the Chairman of the Main Organising Committee (MOC), Bola Mogaji.

The sub-committees inaugurated include the Ceremonial, Publicity and Media, Technical, Security, Accreditation, Accommodation, Feeding, Venues, Power and Transportation Committees

The committees is entrusted with the responsibility of planning, coordinating and executing a peaceful, transparent and impactful festival involving all 16 Local Government Areas of the state.

Mogaji charged members of the committees to hit the ground running by working within the stipulated timeframe and developing realistic budgets that would ensure the successful achievement of the festival’s objectives.

He commended the State Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, for his consistent investment in sports development, noting that the approval for the staging of the 8th edition of the festival reflected the governor’s passion and commitment to the advancement of sports in Kwara State.

Continue Reading

Sports

Katsina United player declared dead found alive in mortuary

Media officer of Katsina United, Nasir Gide, confirmed the development, saying the player had been declared dead twice before signs of life were noticed.‎

Published

on

By

53 Views

•Ozor Chinedu

Katsina United defender, Ozor Chinedu, who collapsed during a pre-season friendly against Niger Tornadoes at the Muhammadu Dikko Stadium in Katsina on Tuesday was found alive in hospital following his death report.‎

‎The 18-year-old, recently signed from Kano Pillars, slumped on the pitch in the Gusau/Ahlan Pre-season Cup and was rushed to K-Dara Specialist Hospital, where doctors reportedly pronounced him dead.‎‎

Katsina United subsequently issued a condolence statement, while clubs including Heartland and Kano Pillars mourned the player on social media.

‎However, in a dramatic twist, mortuary staff at Katsina General Hospital later observed movement in his body.

He was immediately transferred to the Intensive Care Unit and placed on oxygen.‎‎

Media officer of Katsina United, Nasir Gide, confirmed the development, saying the player had been declared dead twice before signs of life were noticed.‎

Continue Reading

Sports

NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers to be sold for $12.5bn – Report

Kushner is the brother of Jared Kushner, US President Donald Trump’s son-in-law.

Published

on

By

61 Views

The Los Angeles Lakers — one of the most successful teams in NBA history — are being sold to former Disney CEO Bob Iger and investor Joshua Kushner in a deal valuing the team at $12.5 billion, ESPN reported Wednesday.

The sale, which would mark a record-breaking price, comes only about a year after billionaire Mark Walter agreed to buy a controlling interest in the team in a then-record $10 billion deal.

Kushner is the brother of Jared Kushner, US President Donald Trump’s son-in-law.

Walter’s purchase, reported in June last year, ended the Buss family’s 46-year reign over the NBA giants.

The Lakers have won 17 NBA championships, second only to the Boston Celtics.The team has been home to some of the league’s biggest superstars including Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Shaquille O’Neal and the late Kobe Bryant.

LeBron James, the NBA all-time scoring leader, just left the squad for the Philadelphia 76ers after spending eight years and winning one title with the Lakers.

Continue Reading

Trending