News
BREAKING: JAMB considers mobile phones Usage for UTME, DE
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Examinations, has revealed that it is planning a “Bring Your Own Device” initiative for the Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examinations and the Direct Entry Examinations, The PUNCH reports.
The Registrar of the Board, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, made this known during the 2023 policy meeting ongoing in Abuja at the National Judicial Institute.
According to Oloyede, the initiative is such that it would allow candidates to take the examinations on their mobile phones. The JAMB boss noted that the board has continued to spend huge amounts of money on the conduct of examinations, hence the need for the initiative.
In the presentation unveiled by Oloyede, the board said,” On the way forward, we are looking at BOYD – the direction for JAMB Students to bring their telephones. It lowers capital investment but is not helpful for digital literacy. There will be the establishment of a mobile examinational malpractice tribunal to deal with the criminal aspect while institutions handle the misconduct.
“We will be partnering with security operatives and relevant agencies on cyber crimes; engaging the machinery and sponsoring them to tap from their knowledge of candidates. Movement of some services to the registration portal to prevent extortion Open Book Examination to Discourage Cheating.
“Political will and concerted efforts at adopting single identity for all with NIMC citizens to discourage impersonation.”
News
Navy’s Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Katagum dies in Egypt
Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.
Photo: Rear Admiral Musa Katagun
Chief of Operations at Naval headquarters, Rear Admiral Musa Katagun is dead at a hospital in Egypt.
News of Rear Admiral Katagun’s death was confirmed by military sources on Thursday.
Katagum is said to have traveled to Egypt for follow up medical evaluation after undergoing an initial surgery in September last year.
Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.
News
Ondo monarch gunned down outside palace
The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.
•Kehinde Jacob Faledon
Kehinde Jacob Faledon, the traditional ruler of Agamo Community in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, has been shot dead.
Police Public Relations Officer in Ondo, Jimoh Abayomi, confirmed the incident, said that the monarch was killed after gunmen forced him out of the palace, on Wednesday night.
The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.
“Information reached the division at about 7:50pm from a community leader, High Chief Ajewole Clement of New Town, Itaogbolu, that about six armed men stormed the residence of the monarch and forcibly took him away,” Abayomi said.
“The victim was subsequently found with gunshot injuries and was confirmed dead at the scene.
“The divisional police officer supported by tactical teams of the command, mobilised officers in collaboration with local hunters, Atuluse Security, and Amotekun operatives are combing the surrounding bushes and neighbouring communities.
News
British Royal House Confers on Wale Edun “Commander of the Royal Victorian Order”
Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.
The British Royal House has conferred the honour of Commander of the Royal Victorian Order on Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Wale Edun.
The investiture at Windsor Castle carried a ceremony and symbolism.
Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.
The award places Edun among a select group of global achievers whose public contributions transcend borders.
The ceremony also recognised Lydia Tischler, a Holocaust survivor and child psychotherapist; Rhys McClenaghan for services to gymnastics; and John Whiston for services to broadcasting and television.
Edun’s recognition resonated far beyond the grandeur of Windsor, highlighting the growing international regard for Nigeria’s reform leadership.
A former trustee of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, Edun’s career has long combined global engagement with institution-building.
Those same principles underpin his stewardship of Nigeria’s economy, where confidence, discipline, and consistency have become the defining themes of reform.
Since assuming office, Nigeria has begun to reverse years of macroeconomic fragility.
-
Business2 days agoDangote Forecasts Major Naira Appreciation to ₦1,100 per Dollar in 2026
-
News22 hours agoOndo monarch gunned down outside palace
-
Politics3 days agoPolitical thugs invades Ondo APC ward congress , beats chairman
-
Business2 days agoFive Truths Dangote Tells FG About Industrialising Nigeria
-
Business2 days agoNRS Fixes 2028 for e- invoicing tax collections full takeoff
-
Politics2 days agoAgain, Violence Erupts at Ondo APC Congress in Idanre
-
News3 days agoRamadan Fasting Begins Tomorrow, Says Sultan
-
News2 days agoGas Leaks Kill 37 Miners in Plateau, 25 Hospitalised
