News
Tinubu not occupied with 2027 election – Presidency
The Presidency has stated that President Bola Tinubu is not focused on the 2027 election.
Tinubu’s Special Adviser on Media and Public Communications, Sunday Dare said the president is currently concerned and focused on his economic policies that would improve the lives of Nigerians.
Posting on his X page, Dare said Tinubu is concerned with the long-term impact of his policies than political manoeuvring ahead of 2027.
“We’ve seen our foreign reserves go up. We’ve seen inflation come down. We’ve seen our trade surplus go up. We’ve seen exports go up and imports drop.
“We’ve seen the investments that have been attracted—over $50 billion. We are seeing prices dropping. We have clear data, and you have a President that is clearly in the driver’s seat, and he has stayed the course of the decisions he has taken.
“And I think that the next election is not really in his view right now. It’s how to make sure that at the end of his first term, he can sit back and say, ‘I have impacted the lives of Nigerians. I have turned this economy around.’”
His comment is coming amid moves to birth a political coalition that is believed would give Tinubu a run for his money in 2027.
Former Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai recently visited some top leaders in Nigeria following his criticisms of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
After his visits, El-Rufai defected from APC to the Social Democratic Party, SDP, amid moves to intensify the birth of the coalition.
News
Navy’s Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Katagum dies in Egypt
Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.
Photo: Rear Admiral Musa Katagun
Chief of Operations at Naval headquarters, Rear Admiral Musa Katagun is dead at a hospital in Egypt.
News of Rear Admiral Katagun’s death was confirmed by military sources on Thursday.
Katagum is said to have traveled to Egypt for follow up medical evaluation after undergoing an initial surgery in September last year.
Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.
News
Ondo monarch gunned down outside palace
The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.
•Kehinde Jacob Faledon
Kehinde Jacob Faledon, the traditional ruler of Agamo Community in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, has been shot dead.
Police Public Relations Officer in Ondo, Jimoh Abayomi, confirmed the incident, said that the monarch was killed after gunmen forced him out of the palace, on Wednesday night.
The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.
“Information reached the division at about 7:50pm from a community leader, High Chief Ajewole Clement of New Town, Itaogbolu, that about six armed men stormed the residence of the monarch and forcibly took him away,” Abayomi said.
“The victim was subsequently found with gunshot injuries and was confirmed dead at the scene.
“The divisional police officer supported by tactical teams of the command, mobilised officers in collaboration with local hunters, Atuluse Security, and Amotekun operatives are combing the surrounding bushes and neighbouring communities.
News
British Royal House Confers on Wale Edun “Commander of the Royal Victorian Order”
Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.
The British Royal House has conferred the honour of Commander of the Royal Victorian Order on Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Wale Edun.
The investiture at Windsor Castle carried a ceremony and symbolism.
Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.
The award places Edun among a select group of global achievers whose public contributions transcend borders.
The ceremony also recognised Lydia Tischler, a Holocaust survivor and child psychotherapist; Rhys McClenaghan for services to gymnastics; and John Whiston for services to broadcasting and television.
Edun’s recognition resonated far beyond the grandeur of Windsor, highlighting the growing international regard for Nigeria’s reform leadership.
A former trustee of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, Edun’s career has long combined global engagement with institution-building.
Those same principles underpin his stewardship of Nigeria’s economy, where confidence, discipline, and consistency have become the defining themes of reform.
Since assuming office, Nigeria has begun to reverse years of macroeconomic fragility.
-
News3 days agoReverend Jesse Jackson, Iconic Civil Rights Leader, Dies at 84
-
Business1 day agoDangote Forecasts Major Naira Appreciation to ₦1,100 per Dollar in 2026
-
News10 hours agoOndo monarch gunned down outside palace
-
Health3 days agoFederal Ministry of Health Orders Immediate Retirement of Directors After 8-Year Tenure
-
Business2 days agoFive Truths Dangote Tells FG About Industrialising Nigeria
-
Politics2 days agoPolitical thugs invades Ondo APC ward congress , beats chairman
-
Business2 days agoNRS Fixes 2028 for e- invoicing tax collections full takeoff
-
Opinions3 days agoBeyond the Noise: Godswill Akpabio and the Architecture of Stability
