Sports
Former Bayern Munich player, 18, left ‘brain dead’ after head to knee collision during a match in Spain
A teenage Chinese player, who was previously part of Bayern Munich’s World Squad, has reportedly been diagnosed with ‘brain death’ following a match in Spain.
Guo Jiaxuan, an 18-year-old defender, was reportedly struck in the face by a knee during training camp last Thursday.
He had been playing in a training match against Spanish side RC Alcobendas at a camp organised by the Beijing Football Association.
His brother revealed on social media that Guo had suffered a subarachnoid haemorrhage – a form of stroke caused by bleeding on the brain – following the accidental collision.
Doctors in Madrid have diagnosed Guo with ‘brain death’, according to his brother.
‘During training [last Thursday], he was rushed to [hospital] after being hit in the head by another player’s knee,’ Guo’s brother wrote on social media.
From the interpreter, I learned that the doctor at the hospital said my brother had too much bleeding in his head and that there was little hope of survival… the hospital was going to remove his [life support] tubes.’
Guo’s father had reportedly refused the doctor’s suggestion to turn off his son’s life support and perform an autopsy, and has instead sought for him to be repatriated to China for further treatment.
The South China Morning Post reported that Guo’s family have accused the Beijing Football Association and his club Beijing Guoan of failing to cover his medical bills.
The family claimed the Beijing FA had failed to buy insurance for the trip.
The organisation has reportedly now reached an agreement to transport Guo to China and will support his continued treatment.
Guo had previously represented the Chinese national team at under-17 level and had been invited to train with Bayern Munich in 2023.
He had become part of Bayern Munich’s World Squad, an international project by the German giants aimed at developing promising players from around the world.
Following the match last week, Spanish side RC Alcobendas offered a message of support for Guo and his family.
‘From RC Alcobendas we want to express our deep concern for the player from the Beijing Football Association delegation who suffered an accident during the friendly match played this morning against our first team,’ the club wrote last week.
Sports
FIFA releases 2026 World Cup anthem ‘Goals’, by Rema, LISA, Anitta
The Official FIFA World Cup 2026 Album will feature artists from across continents, aligning with the tournament’s expanded 48-team format hosted by the United States, Canada and Mexico.
The Official FIFA World Cup 2026 Album “GOALS” been released , featuring Afrobeats star Rema , South Korean pop act LISA and Brazilian pop singer Anitta .
The single track dropped Thursday on all major streaming platforms through SALXCO UAM and Def Jam Recordings.
An official music video was released alongside the single.
Goals was produced by Grammy-winning producer Cirkut and fuses Afrobeats, K-pop and Latin pop.
FIFA stated that the album serves as a unifying platform where music and sport intersect, designed to connect fans and cultures worldwide.
The organisation also announced that Rema, LISA and Anitta are set to perform together at the FIFA World Cup USA Opening Ceremony in Los Angeles.
The Official FIFA World Cup 2026 Album will feature artists from across continents, aligning with the tournament’s expanded 48-team format hosted by the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Sports
Man Utd permanents Carrick as manager
“Now it’s time to move forward together again, with ambition and a clear sense of purpose. Manchester United and our incredible supporters deserve to be challenging for the biggest honours again,” Carrick said.
“We are delighted to announce Michael Carrick will continue as our head coach, having signed a new contract,” said Manchester United on Friday.
Carrick, the 44-year-old former United player, took charge on an interim basis after Ruben Amorim was sacked in January and led United to Champions League qualification with an impressive third-placed finish in the Premier League.
” From the moment that I arrived here 20 years ago, I felt the magic of Manchester United. Carrying the responsibility of leading our special football club fills me with immense pride
” Throughout the past five months, this group of players have shown they can reach the standards of resilience, togetherness and determination that we demand here.
“Now it’s time to move forward together again, with ambition and a clear sense of purpose. Manchester United and our incredible supporters deserve to be challenging for the biggest honours again,” Carrick said.
Sports
Breaking: Arsenal Win Premier League For First Time In 22 Years
The Gunners, who have set the pace for most of the season, have bounced back impressively since losing to City last month, winning four straight league matches without conceding a goal.
Arsenal have won the Premier League for the first time in 22 years with a game to spare after Man City failed to win at Bournemouth.
Arsenal ended their 22-year wait to be crowned Premier League champions on Tuesday after Manchester City were held 1-1 by Bournemouth.
City had to win to take the title fight to the final day, but the Cherries extended their unbeaten streak to 17 league games, a run which has secured European football for the first time in the club’s history.
After finishing second for the past three seasons, Mikel Arteta’s Gunners have finally made it over the line to end a six-year trophy drought.
Arsenal edged to the brink of the title with an unconvincing 1-0 win over already relegated Burnley on Monday, which took them five points clear of City.
The Gunners, who have set the pace for most of the season, have bounced back impressively since losing to City last month, winning four straight league matches without conceding a goal.
-
Business2 days agoFemi Otedola earmarks $100 million for Dangote Refinery’s IPO
-
Politics3 days agoAtiku Appears Before ADC Presidential Screening Panel
-
Business3 days agoSouth African pension fund expresses interest in Dangote IPO
-
Entertainment3 days agoWizkid Becomes First African Artist to Surpass 11 Billion Spotify Streams
-
Entertainment3 days ago‘God Took Him’ — Singer Niniola Announces Death of Husband Michael Ndika
-
Politics3 days agoGov Fubara withdrawals from governorship race
-
Politics2 days ago2027: Natasha emerges PDP Kogi central ticket
-
Politics3 days agoNDC Clears Peter Obi as Sole Presidential Aspirant for 2027 Election
