Business
Naira records massive depreciation against dollar weekly at official market

The Naira recorded a massive drop against the dollar at the official foreign exchange market from March 14 to 21, 2025.
Analysis of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s exchange data showed that it lost N18.96 weekly.
This comes as the Naira depreciated to N1,536.89 against the dollar on Friday from N1,517.93 traded last week.
Meanwhile, at the black market, the Naira gained N10 in the week under review. The Naira closed at N1,580 per dollar on Friday, a gain from N1,590, its traded last week.
The data from both official and parallel foreign exchange markets showed that the Nigerian Naira has continued to fluctuate against other currencies.
Business
We are under attack – NNPCL GCEO, Ojulari

Bayo Ojulari, Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), has announced that he and his management team are currently under serious threat.
Ojulari said his offense is the reforms he has introduced in the oil and gas sector in line with the mandate given to him by President Bola Tinubu to turn around the moribund refinery.
He raised this alarm on Thursday, lamenting that some powerful elements are plotting to remove him from the seat.
The NNPCL boss raised the alarm when he received the delegation of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN, led by its President, Comrade Festus Osifo, at the company’s headquarters, Abuja.
Details shortly…
Business
Govt, stakeholders to explore industrial policy at W’Africa Manufacturing summit
The collaboration will take centre stage at the West Africa Industrialisation, Manufacturing & Trade Summit & Exhibition 2025, scheduled for October 2025, in Lagos.

•The Minister of State for Industry, John Enoh
The Federal Government has committed to exploring strategies for implementing the new National Industrial Policy to scale industries and transform West Africa’s economic future, alongside manufacturing stakeholders at an upcoming summit.
The collaboration will take centre stage at the West Africa Industrialisation, Manufacturing & Trade Summit & Exhibition 2025, scheduled for October 2025, in Lagos.
The Minister of State for Industry, John Enoh, at a press conference on Wednesday in Lagos, declared that Nigeria will build its industrial policy on past executive orders targeted at promoting local content, but with a stronger push through the Nigeria First policy.
He said, “The previous administrations have tried to enable industrial growth by coming up with various executive orders.
Those include Executive Orders Three and Five, which were targeted at matters about public procurement and giving priority to Nigerian-made goods.
With the announcement of the Nigeria First policy, what becomes of it will be a function of what this administration does.”
Enoh noted that the Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Investment would follow up on the policy with a nationwide campaign to promote patronage of Nigerian goods and services.
He explained, “The hope is that in the next few months, we’re going to start a national campaign on buying made-in-Nigeria goods and services to follow up the presidential pronouncement of the Nigeria First policy.
We found out that the country could earn about N3tn more in the short term if we can run a successful campaign that can also shift the attitudes of Nigerians.
(The Punch)
Business
Access Holdings names Innocent Ike new GMD/CEO
Access Holdings Chairman, Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, said Ike’s appointment signals a new phase for the group.He said, “We are thrilled to welcome Mr. Innocent Ike as we move forward. “

• Innocent Ike
Access Holdings Plc has appointed Mr. Innocent Ike as its substantive Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, effective August 29, 2025, following regulatory approval.
The announcement, contained in a statement released on Wednesday and signed by the company secretary, Sunday Ekwochi, comes hours after Roosevelt Ogbonna resigned from the company’s board in compliance with new corporate governance rules issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Ike takes over from Ms. Bolaji Agbede, who has steered the company in acting capacity for the past 18 months after the death of former Group CEO, Herbert Wigwe, in 2024.
She will now return to her role as Executive Director, Business Support.
Access Holdings Chairman, Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, said Ike’s appointment signals a new phase for the group.He said, “We are thrilled to welcome Mr. Innocent Ike as we move forward. “
-
Crime2 days ago
Two feared dead as violence breaks out at Balogun Market, Lagos Island
-
Business2 days ago
Access HoldCo: Roosevelt Ogbonna Quits Board in compliance with CBN regulations
-
Entertainment2 days ago
Tiwa Savage’s launching ‘This One Is Personal’ new album
-
International2 days ago
US Imposes 50% Tariffs on India Over Russian Oil Imports
-
News2 days ago
Police to conduct bomb explosion exercise at Eko Atlantic City Thursday
-
News3 days ago
BREAKING: NRC suspends Abuja-Kaduna train services after derailment
-
Sports2 days ago
More than 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta
-
News3 days ago
Abuja- Kaduna Train Derail: What Causes Train Derailments?