Connect with us

News

We are ready to receive Wike into APC says Party chieftain

Published

on

809 Views

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Rivers State, Chief Tony Okocha has said the party is “ready to receive” the immediate past governor of the state, Nyesom Wike when he decides to defect to the ruling party.

This is coming amid speculations that Wike who apparently worked to ensure the victory of President Bola Tinubu during the February 25 presidential election, is getting set to dump the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Wike and some of his loyalists in the opposition party had been accused of lobbying for ministerial positions in Tinubu’s government.

The former governor had also confirmed that he is ready to serve if appointed by President Tinubu.

Tony Okocha, a former Chief of Staff, Rivers State Government House, who made the remarks about Wike’s possible defection at a news briefing in Port Harcourt on Thursday, said the former governor has the right to join any party of his choice.

“In the leadership of the Tinubu family in Rivers State, we are at peace 100 per cent with His Excellency, Barr Nyesom Wike, the immediate past Governor of Rivers State as our leader”, he added.

News

200 Kaduna varsity lecturers resign over poor condition of service

Most of the lecturers who left the institution secured appointments in newer universities within and outside Kaduna State.

Published

on

By

19 Views

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has raised concern over the departure of more than 200 lecturers of Kaduna State University, (KASU).

Chairman of ASUU-KASU, Dr Abubakar Abdullahi, disclosed this at a press conference on Monday in Kaduna, lamenting that lecturers, including professors, left the institution due to poor conditions of service and non-implementation of the 2025 Federal Government- ASUU Agreement.

Abdullahi said that most of the lecturers who left the institution secured appointments in newer universities within and outside Kaduna State.

Consequently, the Union has issued a two-week ultimatum to the Kaduna State Government and university authorities to implement and domesticate the agreement.

The union warned that failure to act within the period could result in a total and indefinite strike at the university.

Continue Reading

News

Edo House of Assembly Elect New Speaker Idiaye, Hints Why Agbebaku Resign

“Once the leadership is poor, it will drag the work of the governor backwards. So we decided to say no.”

Published

on

By

14 Views

The new Speaker of the Edo House of Assembly, Mr Yekini Idiaye

The Edo House of Assembly has sworn in a newly elected Speaker , Yekini Idiaye, following the resignation of the former speaker, Blessing Agbebaku.

Speaking in an interview after his swearing-in ceremony in Benin, Idiaye pledged the full cooperation of the house to the state executive, describing Governor Monday Okpebholo as a performing leader who deserved legislative backings.

“He is doing a lot for the people of Edo, so we have to cooperate with him to move the state forward,” he added.

Fielding question on the exit of the former speaker, Idiaye cited the challenges of corruption and poor leadership.

Idiaye said: ” There’s corruption here and there. Every now and then it is adjournment — we resume tomorrow, adjournment for another 30 days, 20 days — and we were all not too happy with this leadership style.”

The new speaker pointed out that a weak legislature directly affected the executive, adding that the house had to act to protect the governor’s performance.

“Once the leadership is poor, it will drag the work of the governor backwards. So we decided to say no.”

Continue Reading

News

Defence Headquarters say X Account Compromised

The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.

Published

on

By

14 Views

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has issued a notification to the public, media representatives, and relevant stakeholders regarding the compromise of its official account on X (formerly known as Twitter).

The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.

He said “appropriate technical measures had been activated to secure the account and prevent further unauthorised access.”

Uba assured the public that efforts were ongoing to fully restore control of the account, while advising members of the public to disregard any suspicious, unauthorised or misleading content posted from the account during the period.

Continue Reading

Trending