News
Soludo is Ohibaba.com’s State Governor of The Year (2024)
The tomorrow we see in the One Youth Two Skills program, makes Ohibaba.com pick Governor Soludo as our State Governor of the Year.

The editorial board of Ohibaba.com news website has chosen the Governor of Anambra State, Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo, as its State Governor of the Year 2024.
The e-paper said on Monday that Governor Soludo was chosen for his idea of the “One Youth Two Skills program,” which has already empowered over 5,000 youths in the state with employable skills for self-employment or to be hired by employers.
The second phase of the scheme, being implemented by Anambra State Ministry of Youth and Development, is commencing with over 8, 000 candidates.
This is commendable and noteworthy, given the fact that Nigeria faces skills shortage due to some factors, including:
• Lack of modern skills: The average Nigerian graduate lacks the skills needed to compete in the job market, such as digital literacy, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
• Inadequate education: Many Nigerian graduates lack the technical and practical skills required by industries like oil and gas, IT, and healthcare.
• Technological advancements: Emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, cloud computing, and robotics require specialized skills that are not widely available.
• Economic shifts: As Nigeria diversifies its economy, industries like fintech, agriculture, and renewable energy require skills that existing workers don’t have.
• Brain drain: Highly skilled professionals leave Nigeria for better opportunities abroad, which exacerbates the skills gap.
• Limited investment in workforce development: Some companies don’t prioritize training and upskilling their employees.
This is commendable and noteworthy, given the fact that Nigeria faces skills shortage due to some factors,
Soludo said: ” The One Youth, Two Skills” program is aimed at “empowering youths on a sustainable basis, to teach them how to fish and eliminate hunger.”
The governor said the goal of his administration is to transform Anambra into the largest skill hub to give the youth employable and exportable skills.
“This is a unique training program. Many of the artisans’ works and skills are now in short supply,” Soludo said during the launch of phase two of the scheme recently.
” Our investment in youths, with our innovative ‘One Youth, 2 Skills Programme’— which the Federal Government has now adapted into the national curricula, has created over 5,000 new entrepreneurs, with an additional 8,300 soon to complete their apprenticeship and will be empowered to become entrepreneurs.
Our innovation district— our own Silicon Valley—aims to create a million digital tribe army, and so far, tens of thousands have received digital training including Coding skills. Many are already employed in the digital space.
We are very intentional in this drive to empower the next generation to take charge of their lives and move Nigeria forward.
The year 2050 Expectations
By 2050, it is expected that there will be more than 400 million Nigerians and by the end of this century, Nigeria will be the third most populated country in the world after India and China.
With an aging Europe and North America, Nigeria must opportunistically prepare to become the number one supplier of labor to the rest of the world.
Probably by then, the export of labor will be Nigeria’s largest source of export earnings.
So, the Nigerian state must deliberately prioritize and invest in the people—especially their health and education.
“The tomorrow we see in the One Youth Two Skills program, makes Ohibaba.com pick Governor Soludo as our State Governor of the Year.
Editor.
News
Recall: Kogi Central Constituents thank INEC for recognising 208,132 signatures

…….Says ‘it’s proof that Kogi Central has abandoned Natasha, Vow to proceed with recall, finetune process.
Constituents of Kogi Central Senatorial District have thanked the Independent National Electoral Commission for validating 208,132 (43.86 per cent) signatures in the petition submitted for the recall of the suspended lawmaker representing the District in the National Assembly, Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan.
The constituents, who are registered voters of Kogi Central, noted that, though they had mobilised more than the 50 per cent plus one threshold of registered voters and submitted their petition with full documentation, the validation of 43.86 per cent by the Commission still confirmed that Kogi Central constituents had abandoned the embattled Senator.”
Apparently, INEC canceled not less than 35,000 signatures at the administrative stage,” the constituents said, while reacting to a statement on the recall process issued by the electoral umpire.
In a statement on Thursday, signed by Salihu Habib, on behalf of the petitioners, the constituents insisted that there was no going back on their resolve to bring the Kogi Senator back home.
“We will liaise with INEC within the full ambits of the Constitution and regulations to demand for transparency in the handling of our petition.
We have utmost confidence in the Commission not to subject the recall process to ambiguity or administrative opacity,” the constituents said.
They expressed their gratitude to INEC for proving naysayers, who queried the authenticity of their figures, wrong.
“We thank INEC for making it clear that the bulk of the people of Kogi Central are behind us and that we did not import a crowd like a desperate, embattled lawmaker,” they said.
The petitioners insisted that the recall of Senator Akpoti-Uduaghan “for misconduct and divisiveness” was non-negotiable.
They said, “We are firm in our resolve to restore dignified and collaborative representation to Kogi Central Senatorial District.
We will no longer indulge someone who will do and say anything just to remain politically relevant.
“The whole of Nigeria watched her deceptive rally last Tuesday where she openly made comments capable of setting, not just Kogi State, but Nigeria ablaze.
“How can any patriotic Nigerian accuse other parts of the country of sabotaging Kogi State/the North because LNG plants are sited here?
How can a responsible Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria try to pitch the North against the South?”
“We will pursue all lawful and constitutional means to ensure our voices are heard and respected. After God, power belongs to the people,” the constituents declared.
News
Massive Gridlock: FG reopens Independence Bridge in Lagos

The Minister of Works, Senator David Umahi, has directed the immediate reopening of the Independence Bridge in Lagos to vehicular traffic.
The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Mrs. Olukorede Kesha, had earlier stated that the closure was for planned maintenance and rehabilitation.
She expressed regret for the inconvenience caused and appealed for public understanding.
The Federal Ministry of Works has clarified that necessary repairs on the bridge would be carried out at a later date.
The new instruction to reopen the bridge is ostensibly as a result of the gridlock caused by the closure which resulted in outcry by commuters since its closure on Tuesday, April 1.
News
JUST IN: President Tinubu to Embark on Working Visit to Paris

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu will depart for Paris, France, today on a short working visit.
This information was stated in a press release today, April 2, 2025 by Bayo Onanuga, the Special Adviser to the President on Information & Strategy.
Onanuga said during the President’s visit, he will appraise his administration’s mid-term performance and assess key milestones.
“He will also use the retreat to review the progress of ongoing reforms and engage in strategic planning ahead of his administration’s second anniversary”.
“This period of reflection will inform plans to deepen ongoing reforms and accelerate national development priorities in the coming year”.
“Recent economic strides reinforce the President’s commitment to these efforts, as evidenced by the Central Bank of Nigeria reporting a significant increase in net foreign exchange reserves to $23.11 billion—a testament to the administration’s fiscal reforms since 2023 when net reserves were $3.99 billion”.
“While away, President Tinubu will remain fully engaged with his team and continue to oversee governance activities. He will return to Nigeria in about a fortnight, the statement reads.
-
News2 days ago
Kogi State enforces ban on rallies, public gatherings amidst riding security concerns
-
News2 days ago
President Tinubu congratulates Jim Ovia on admission to the freedom of the city of London
-
Politics2 days ago
I would have handled economy better than Tinubu – Obi
-
Sports2 days ago
NTTF U-12 National Hopes Week kicks off today in Lagos
-
News2 days ago
BREAKING: Tinubu Sacks NNPCL Board , Replaces Mele Kyari with Bashir Ojulari as Group CEO
-
Business2 days ago
Women make up 15% of 288 new billionaires in 2025
-
Politics2 days ago
New Political Party – TNN, Seeks INEC Registration
-
Business2 days ago
FG borrows N13.21trn from World Bank in 20 months