Connect with us

News

IMPEACHMENT FEAR: Gbajabiamila Hurriedly adjourns plenary indefinitely

Published

on

158 Views

After weeks of recess, lawmakers on Wednesday in the House Of Representatives converge for plenary which was Hurriedly adjourned by the Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila over fear of possible impeachment plot by some aggrieved lawmakers.

Gbajabiamila hinted the adjournment on the current induction by members-elect.

There are indications that some lawmakers had perfected plans to impeach Gbajabiamila over the imposition of Rep. Tajudeen Abbas as the consensus candidate for the 10th House of Reps. Speaker

Some of the lawmakers alleged that the speaker adjourned the plenary because of the fear of impeachment.

Rep. Ahmed Wase, the Deputy Speaker, had in a swift move opposed Gbajabiamila, claiming the adjournment was needless but it was rejected.

Wase said the adjournment was not proper; adding that the induction could be going on simultaneously with plenary just like it was done at the Senate.

According to Wase, “I respect the view of distinguish colleagues, Rep Ibrahim Isaka, who moved for the adjournment, but I think Mr. Speaker this institution has a lot memories.

“There has never been a time because of induction the House suspended plenary.

“I don’t know the rate of attrition in terms of those who are back to the House compared to those who are now not returning, that we have to adjourn the House because of induction.”

Earlier, Rep. Isaka (APC-Ogun) had come under Order 6, 1 and 2 for mater of privileges to move his motion.

According to him, “My point of order is that today as we speak, induction programme is on-going at the ICC, which I am privileged together with other members to be part of Batch B.

“Last week because of this same programme the House adjourned, the plenary was not in session but today because of the plenary I have to be here while this programme is ongoing.

News

Ogun Orders Temporary Suspension of Lead Ingot Exports, Shuts Seven Plants

Published

on

11 Views

The Ogun State Government has called for an immediate, temporary suspension of lead ingot exportation pending a full investigation into alleged lead contamination in the Ogijo area of Sagamu Local Government.

This position followed an on-the-spot inspection in Ogijo after a viral video raised concerns about possible lead poisoning in the community. The Commissioner for Environment, Ola Oresanya, led a combined team of experts from the Ministries of Environment and Health, the Ogun State Environmental Protection Agency (OGEPA), and the National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA).

During the visit, the government ordered the closure of seven industries involved in Used Lead-Acid Battery recycling within the Ogijo axis.

Oresanya assured residents that there is no cause for panic, noting that the state will immediately commence a comprehensive Health and Process Audit of the affected facilities. This will include testing for lead levels in humans, soil, air, and water sources across the industrial community.

He added that the government will make the findings public once the investigation is completed, while also reviewing the methodology used in the earlier test results circulated in the media.

Continue Reading

News

Insecurity: Lagos Will Remain Peaceful, says Sanwo-Olu

At the routine meeting, which was chaired by Mr Sanwo-Olu, were the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 9 Brigade, Brig.-Gen. A.O. Owolabi, Group Capt. M.A. Imam, Commander 651 BSG, Nigerian Air Force, Commander NNS Beecroft Naval Base, Apapa, Commodore PP Nimmyel, Commissioner of Police Olohundare Moshood, representative of the Department State Services Director, A.B. Alade…

Published

on

By

37 Views

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu assures that the State will remain peaceful for residents and all visitors amidst the insecurity across the nation.

Sanwo- Olu gave the assurance on Thursday during a meeting of the Security Council.

In a statement, Gbenga Omotoso HC (Information & Strategy, disclosed that the state’s security Council, which comprises heads of Security agencies in the state, met at the State House, Marina.

At the routine meeting, which was chaired by Mr Sanwo-Olu, were the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 9 Brigade, Brig.-Gen. A.O. Owolabi, Group Capt. M.A. Imam, Commander 651 BSG, Nigerian Air Force, Commander NNS Beecroft Naval Base, Apapa, Commodore PP Nimmyel, Commissioner of Police Olohundare Moshood, representative of the Department State Services Director, A.B. Alade, Secretary to the State Government Barr. Abimbola Salu-Hundeyin, Chief of Staff to the Governor Tayo Ayinde, Chief Security Officer to the Governor CSP Fagbemi Adekunle, and Lagos State Security Trust Fund (LSSTF) Executive Secretary Ayo Ogunsan.

After being briefed by the security chiefs, Governor Sanwo- Olu expressed satisfaction with their reports and assured all Lagosians and visitors that the Yuletide will truly be a season of goodwill.

Continue Reading

News

Police, PSC set up committee to recruit 30,000 new officers

The primary mandate of the Joint Ad-hoc Committee is to collaborate and brainstorm on creating a seamless, transparent, and efficient recruitment process.

Published

on

By

64 Views

• Police IGP, Kayode Egbetokun

The Police Service Commission (PSC) and the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) have set up a high-powered joint Ad-hoc Committee to drive the immediate commencement of the recruitment of 30,000 new officers.

The PSC disclosed this in a statement on Thursday, following the inauguration of the Ad-hoc Committee on Wednesday, 26th November, 2025 by the Chairman, Police Service Commission DIG Hashimu Salihu Argungu (rtd) at the Police Service Commission Corporate Headquarters, Jabi, Abuja.

The establishment of the committee followed the presidential directive to bolster the numerical strength of the NPF and enhance national security.

The primary mandate of the Joint Ad-hoc Committee is to collaborate and brainstorm on creating a seamless, transparent, and efficient recruitment process.

It added that the committee will work to ensure the exercise is conducted with the highest standards of integrity and merit.

Continue Reading

Trending