News
Gov Otti Inaugurates Five Man Panel of Inquiry on Recovery of Property and Funds belonging to Abia State Government.
Abia State Governor, Dr. Alex Otti has inaugurated a five man Judicial Panel of Inquiry on the Recovery of Property and Funds belonging to Abia State Government.
According to the Governor, setting up of the panel was necessitated by myriads of complaints from the public about looting of government property by some individuals adding that he has been inaundated with petitions bordering on lootings and maintained that it would amount to being insensitive to neglect the complaints which is affecting the daily running of government.
Speaking while inaugurating the panel at the Banquet Hall of the Government House, Umuahia, Governor Otti said the essence of setting up the panel was to ensure recovery of government funds and property that have been taken away by the past administration.
The Governor, who expressed confidence that the members of the panel would perform, called on all to support the panel while assuring that he would do the needful to enable them work accordingly.
Responding on behalf of other members of the panel, the Chairman, Hon Justice Ikwuoma Duruoha-Igwe (rtd.) pledged that they would discharge their duties as quickly as possible to enable Abia State to move ahead. She said they would not carry on as if they have already targeted and branded anybody as guilty but however made public that they shall lay open their findings and make credible recommendations to the Governor and urged all persons with helpful information, memoranda and petitions to approach the panel so that justice shall prevail in the State.
Other members of the panel are: Prof. Ogwo Ekeoma Ogwo, Prof. Ursula Ngozi Akanwa, Mazi Ugochukwu Okoroafor and Rev. Father Barr Alex Okonkwo.
News
Navy’s Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Katagum dies in Egypt
Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.
Photo: Rear Admiral Musa Katagun
Chief of Operations at Naval headquarters, Rear Admiral Musa Katagun is dead at a hospital in Egypt.
News of Rear Admiral Katagun’s death was confirmed by military sources on Thursday.
Katagum is said to have traveled to Egypt for follow up medical evaluation after undergoing an initial surgery in September last year.
Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.
News
Ondo monarch gunned down outside palace
The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.
•Kehinde Jacob Faledon
Kehinde Jacob Faledon, the traditional ruler of Agamo Community in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, has been shot dead.
Police Public Relations Officer in Ondo, Jimoh Abayomi, confirmed the incident, said that the monarch was killed after gunmen forced him out of the palace, on Wednesday night.
The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.
“Information reached the division at about 7:50pm from a community leader, High Chief Ajewole Clement of New Town, Itaogbolu, that about six armed men stormed the residence of the monarch and forcibly took him away,” Abayomi said.
“The victim was subsequently found with gunshot injuries and was confirmed dead at the scene.
“The divisional police officer supported by tactical teams of the command, mobilised officers in collaboration with local hunters, Atuluse Security, and Amotekun operatives are combing the surrounding bushes and neighbouring communities.
News
British Royal House Confers on Wale Edun “Commander of the Royal Victorian Order”
Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.
The British Royal House has conferred the honour of Commander of the Royal Victorian Order on Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Wale Edun.
The investiture at Windsor Castle carried a ceremony and symbolism.
Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.
The award places Edun among a select group of global achievers whose public contributions transcend borders.
The ceremony also recognised Lydia Tischler, a Holocaust survivor and child psychotherapist; Rhys McClenaghan for services to gymnastics; and John Whiston for services to broadcasting and television.
Edun’s recognition resonated far beyond the grandeur of Windsor, highlighting the growing international regard for Nigeria’s reform leadership.
A former trustee of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, Edun’s career has long combined global engagement with institution-building.
Those same principles underpin his stewardship of Nigeria’s economy, where confidence, discipline, and consistency have become the defining themes of reform.
Since assuming office, Nigeria has begun to reverse years of macroeconomic fragility.
-
News3 days agoReverend Jesse Jackson, Iconic Civil Rights Leader, Dies at 84
-
News16 hours agoOndo monarch gunned down outside palace
-
Health3 days agoFederal Ministry of Health Orders Immediate Retirement of Directors After 8-Year Tenure
-
Politics3 days agoPolitical thugs invades Ondo APC ward congress , beats chairman
-
Business2 days agoDangote Forecasts Major Naira Appreciation to ₦1,100 per Dollar in 2026
-
Business2 days agoFive Truths Dangote Tells FG About Industrialising Nigeria
-
Politics2 days agoAgain, Violence Erupts at Ondo APC Congress in Idanre
-
Business2 days agoNRS Fixes 2028 for e- invoicing tax collections full takeoff
