Business
Cement: Minister of Works Plans To Speak With Manufacturers To Reduce Costs

Minister of Works, Senator David Umahi, is planning to dialogue with cement manufacturers over reducing the prices of their products.
A bag of cement is currently being sold for N5, 000 ; it rose from N4,000 last year.
He spoke while featuring on Sunrise Daily, a channel television programme.
The minister said contractors have complained over the high cost of cement in the country and made claims that importing the product would be cheaper.
His words: “I’m going to be running figures with them (cement manufacturers) to check the cost of cement if we import it and the cost they are giving us here.
“A lot of contractors have complained that it is cheaper to import, but we are not allowed to import cement because we have to help the cement industries, but they also have to be reasonable with us if we are going to be patronising them.
“There is a need to use concrete technology. It’s going to make our roads last for a minimum of 50 years.”
Umahi also said the administration of President Bola Tinubu is ready to provide funds for the construction of quality roads in the country.
“We are looking at all these things. How do we cut down costs? Because the primary issue is also the cost of construction.
“We are looking at the figures but it looks like a lot of contractors are not willing, but I will make them to make the change – we are all engineers.
“I am telling them your profit, I will protect whatever thing you want to make but, let’s help Nigeria, let’s build a road that will last and the funny thing is that the government – the President will give out the money.”
Business
We are under attack – NNPCL GCEO, Ojulari

Bayo Ojulari, Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), has announced that he and his management team are currently under serious threat.
Ojulari said his offense is the reforms he has introduced in the oil and gas sector in line with the mandate given to him by President Bola Tinubu to turn around the moribund refinery.
He raised this alarm on Thursday, lamenting that some powerful elements are plotting to remove him from the seat.
The NNPCL boss raised the alarm when he received the delegation of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN, led by its President, Comrade Festus Osifo, at the company’s headquarters, Abuja.
Details shortly…
Business
Govt, stakeholders to explore industrial policy at W’Africa Manufacturing summit
The collaboration will take centre stage at the West Africa Industrialisation, Manufacturing & Trade Summit & Exhibition 2025, scheduled for October 2025, in Lagos.

•The Minister of State for Industry, John Enoh
The Federal Government has committed to exploring strategies for implementing the new National Industrial Policy to scale industries and transform West Africa’s economic future, alongside manufacturing stakeholders at an upcoming summit.
The collaboration will take centre stage at the West Africa Industrialisation, Manufacturing & Trade Summit & Exhibition 2025, scheduled for October 2025, in Lagos.
The Minister of State for Industry, John Enoh, at a press conference on Wednesday in Lagos, declared that Nigeria will build its industrial policy on past executive orders targeted at promoting local content, but with a stronger push through the Nigeria First policy.
He said, “The previous administrations have tried to enable industrial growth by coming up with various executive orders.
Those include Executive Orders Three and Five, which were targeted at matters about public procurement and giving priority to Nigerian-made goods.
With the announcement of the Nigeria First policy, what becomes of it will be a function of what this administration does.”
Enoh noted that the Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Investment would follow up on the policy with a nationwide campaign to promote patronage of Nigerian goods and services.
He explained, “The hope is that in the next few months, we’re going to start a national campaign on buying made-in-Nigeria goods and services to follow up the presidential pronouncement of the Nigeria First policy.
We found out that the country could earn about N3tn more in the short term if we can run a successful campaign that can also shift the attitudes of Nigerians.
(The Punch)
Business
Access Holdings names Innocent Ike new GMD/CEO
Access Holdings Chairman, Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, said Ike’s appointment signals a new phase for the group.He said, “We are thrilled to welcome Mr. Innocent Ike as we move forward. “

• Innocent Ike
Access Holdings Plc has appointed Mr. Innocent Ike as its substantive Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer, effective August 29, 2025, following regulatory approval.
The announcement, contained in a statement released on Wednesday and signed by the company secretary, Sunday Ekwochi, comes hours after Roosevelt Ogbonna resigned from the company’s board in compliance with new corporate governance rules issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Ike takes over from Ms. Bolaji Agbede, who has steered the company in acting capacity for the past 18 months after the death of former Group CEO, Herbert Wigwe, in 2024.
She will now return to her role as Executive Director, Business Support.
Access Holdings Chairman, Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, said Ike’s appointment signals a new phase for the group.He said, “We are thrilled to welcome Mr. Innocent Ike as we move forward. “
-
Sports3 days ago
BREAKING: Champions League draw for 2025/2026 season confirmed [Full fixtures]
-
Crime3 days ago
YELWATA KILLINGS: DSS Files Charges Against Suspects over Benue Attacks
-
Business3 days ago
We are under attack – NNPCL GCEO, Ojulari
-
News3 days ago
Nigeria Seeks global action against West Africa’s cattle rustlers
-
News2 days ago
Nigerian Passport Now N100,000, N200,000 from Sept 1
-
News2 days ago
INTERPOL arrests 1,209 cybercriminals, recovers $97.4m
-
News3 days ago
Slain businessman, Fish Magnate buried amidst anguish from family (Photos)
-
Sports2 days ago
Fenerbahce sacks head coach Mourinho