Sports
Saudi Arabian club, Al-Hilal offers £260 million deal to Lionel Messi
Saudi Saudi Arabian club, Al-Hilal, has offered about £260 million a year deal for Argentina captain and Paris Saint-Germain player, Lionel Messi, who is only waiting to end the season with PSG before accepting the Al-Hilal’s offer. The offer has been on the table for over a month.
Messi’s father, Jorge, has informed PSG that the player does not wish to accept their offer for another year’s contract.
Barcelona and Inter Miami hold strong interest but in Barca’s case they have yet to clear the financial hurdles necessary to bring their former idol back to the Camp Nou.
The 35-year-old Argentine World Cup winner will depart PSG at the end of the season and, according to reports in Spain, will snub Bercelona and head to the Middle East.
El Chiringuito TV say Messi will accept the proposal tabled by the four-time Asian Champions League winners and follow his old rival Cristiano Ronaldo to Saudi.
Remarkably, they also report he will be joined there by his former Barcelona team-mate Sergio Busquets, who will accept a two-season deal, and potentially also Jordi Alba.
It emerged last week that Messi will end his two-season stay in Paris at the end of the campaign, with Barcelona’s interest no secret and MLS club Inter Miami also linked.
Sports
Ronaldo To End Career In Football This Year Without World Cup Title
The 41-year-old Portugal captain is one of football’s most decorated players, having won major trophies with Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus and current club Al-Nassr.
Cristiano Ronaldo says this could be his final year in football as the Portugal captain prepares to leave a lasting legacy.
“This is probably my last year of football, and I want to leave a spectacular legacy,” Ronaldo told lifestyle magazine Vogue in an interview published on Sunday.
The 41-year-old Portugal captain is one of football’s most decorated players, having won major trophies with Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus and current club Al-Nassr.
Ronaldo made his senior debut for Sporting in 2002 and has enjoyed a career spanning more than two decades.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner has scored 976 goals for club and country and is now closing in on the 1,000-goal milestone.
However, Ronaldo was unable to add a World Cup title to his list of honours after Portugal fell short at this year’s tournament.
Sports
NFF Sacks Madugu over WAFCON crashed out
The decision was reached by its Executive Committee following the poor performance at the recently concluded 2026 women’s Africa Cup of Nations tournament.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has sacked the Super Falcons of Nigeria head coach, Justin Madugu, and his crew.
The decision was reached by its Executive Committee following the poor performance at the recently concluded 2026 women’s Africa Cup of Nations tournament.
The nation’s football governing body announced that the sack of Madugu and his technical crew following their return from WAFCON where the Falcons crashed out at the quarter-final stage.
They also failed to achieve automatic qualification to the 2027 women’s World Cup, and lost to South Africa for a chance to reach the World Cup via the playoffs.
Sports
Cameroon Win First WAFCON Cup Title
In a dominant first-half display, they scored three times before the break to end Malawi’s remarkable run at the tournament.
The Indomitable Lionesses of Cameroon have won their first-ever Women’s Africa Cup of Nations title after defeating Malawi 3-0 in Rabat on Sunday.
In a dominant first-half display, they scored three times before the break to end Malawi’s remarkable run at the tournament.
Marie Ngah Manga scored twice, while Naomi Eto added a spectacular scissors kick as Cameroon took a commanding lead before half-time.
Cameroon had reached the final after eliminating Nigeria and hosts Morocco, having previously lost three WAFCON finals.
Malawi, competing in their first WAFCON campaign, struggled to match Cameroon despite their impressive run to the final.
They had entered the tournament ranked 153rd in the world.
Goalkeeper Michaely Bihina made an early save at the feet of Temwa Chawinga as Malawi looked to threaten in the opening minutes.
Bihina also denied Chikondi Gondwe in the 14th minute before Cameroon began to take control.
Cameroon opened the scoring in the 20th minute after Malawi goalkeeper Mercy Sikelo failed to deal with Grace Mendoua’s cross.
Sikelo pushed the cross onto her own crossbar, allowing Ngah Manga to react quickly and head the ball into the net from close range.
Malawi tried to respond, but Cameroon remained in control.
-
News2 days agoBREAKING: Tinubu Diverts EFCC Funds to NELFUND
-
Opinions2 days agoBREAKING: Lagos Govt Declares Today, Thursday Work-Free to Mark 2026 Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Day
-
News2 days agoTinubu Appoints Abel Enitan Head of Civil Service
-
News2 days agoUPDATE: Isese Day — Ogun, Oyo Join Lagos to Declare Today Work-Free
-
Politics2 days ago2027 Political Campaign Begins Today
-
News2 days agoMilitary Pensioners Protest Exclusion from Tinubu’s Salary Increments
-
News2 days ago83 Nigerians Return from South Africa (Video)
-
International2 days agoBREAKING: No Survivors in Kenya Safari Helicopter Crash
