News
Peter Obi’s Petition Against Tinubu Suspended Over Poor Schedule of Documents
The Presidential Election Petition Court, has step down the hearing in the petition filed by Peter Obi and the Labour Party, against the election of President Bola Tinubu for 10 minutes.
The petition was stepped down by the court following poor schedule of documents being sought to be tendered to establish the allegations of malpractices during the Presidential election.
At the resumed hearing, the court discovered that the documents were not properly scheduled as ordered by the court.
Some discrepancies were uncovered while rendering the documents from the 23 Local Government Areas of Benue State.
Counsel to Obi and the Party, Emeka Okpoko sought to use documents not filed to conduct the proceedings but the move was rejected on the ground of illegality.
The court subsequently stepped down hearing of the petition to 10 minutes and asked the legal team to re- file the schedule of documents in line with the provisions of the pre-hearing report.
Present in court, is the LP flagbearer Peter Obi and his Vice, Datti Baba- Ahmed.
Shortly after, the court reconvened following the Order of the Justices to Obi’s legal team, to go home and put their house in order, owing to the poor schedule of documents being sought to be tendered by them.
While the legal team appeared not organized, the five-man panel of justices stated that obi’s lawyers underrated the magnitude of the task given to them.
Advising the counsel for the petitioners, Emeka Okpoko not to waste the time of the court, the five man-panel admonished him on arrangement of documents before the court stating that the court was not a market place.
However, another Counsel who is part of the legal team, Awa Kalu, intervened.
He told the court that they had asked for an adjournment to today for serious business and as such, are not ready to go back home, but would rather continue with the documents that are properly arranged before the court.
He therefore asked that 16 out of the 21 local Governments in Rivers state initially mentioned, be taken.
Justice Haruma Tsamani, therefore allowed tendering of those documents properly before the court.
News
Navy’s Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Katagum dies in Egypt
Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.
Photo: Rear Admiral Musa Katagun
Chief of Operations at Naval headquarters, Rear Admiral Musa Katagun is dead at a hospital in Egypt.
News of Rear Admiral Katagun’s death was confirmed by military sources on Thursday.
Katagum is said to have traveled to Egypt for follow up medical evaluation after undergoing an initial surgery in September last year.
Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.
News
Ondo monarch gunned down outside palace
The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.
•Kehinde Jacob Faledon
Kehinde Jacob Faledon, the traditional ruler of Agamo Community in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, has been shot dead.
Police Public Relations Officer in Ondo, Jimoh Abayomi, confirmed the incident, said that the monarch was killed after gunmen forced him out of the palace, on Wednesday night.
The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.
“Information reached the division at about 7:50pm from a community leader, High Chief Ajewole Clement of New Town, Itaogbolu, that about six armed men stormed the residence of the monarch and forcibly took him away,” Abayomi said.
“The victim was subsequently found with gunshot injuries and was confirmed dead at the scene.
“The divisional police officer supported by tactical teams of the command, mobilised officers in collaboration with local hunters, Atuluse Security, and Amotekun operatives are combing the surrounding bushes and neighbouring communities.
News
British Royal House Confers on Wale Edun “Commander of the Royal Victorian Order”
Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.
The British Royal House has conferred the honour of Commander of the Royal Victorian Order on Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Wale Edun.
The investiture at Windsor Castle carried a ceremony and symbolism.
Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.
The award places Edun among a select group of global achievers whose public contributions transcend borders.
The ceremony also recognised Lydia Tischler, a Holocaust survivor and child psychotherapist; Rhys McClenaghan for services to gymnastics; and John Whiston for services to broadcasting and television.
Edun’s recognition resonated far beyond the grandeur of Windsor, highlighting the growing international regard for Nigeria’s reform leadership.
A former trustee of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, Edun’s career has long combined global engagement with institution-building.
Those same principles underpin his stewardship of Nigeria’s economy, where confidence, discipline, and consistency have become the defining themes of reform.
Since assuming office, Nigeria has begun to reverse years of macroeconomic fragility.
-
News21 hours agoOndo monarch gunned down outside palace
-
Politics3 days agoPolitical thugs invades Ondo APC ward congress , beats chairman
-
Business2 days agoDangote Forecasts Major Naira Appreciation to ₦1,100 per Dollar in 2026
-
Business2 days agoFive Truths Dangote Tells FG About Industrialising Nigeria
-
News3 days agoRamadan Fasting Begins Tomorrow, Says Sultan
-
Business2 days agoNRS Fixes 2028 for e- invoicing tax collections full takeoff
-
Politics2 days agoAgain, Violence Erupts at Ondo APC Congress in Idanre
-
News2 days agoGas Leaks Kill 37 Miners in Plateau, 25 Hospitalised
