Connect with us

Sports

Nigeria International Boxer, Anthony Joshua sent ruthless message to Miller’s mother over failed fight

Published

on

288 Views

Nigeria International Boxer, Anthony Joshua has taken the opportunity to send a message to Jarrell Miller’s mother when their fight collapsed in 2019.

The division’s unified king at the time was due to defend his three belts against the hometown challenger at Madison Square Garden in New York on June 1, but ultimately ended up facing Andy Ruiz instead as Miller failed three drugs tests.

Recall that Miller tested positive for GW1516, HGH and EPO in an unprecedented hat-trick of failed VADA tests, the likes of which boxing had never seen before.

As a result, he was removed from the bout and replaced by Ruiz.

In a video posted to his YouTube channel explaining the situation, AJ said: “I didn’t wanna talk too much on the situation with Jarrell Miller because it’s not in my character to knock a man when he’s down.

“However there was a lot of things he said previously, in the press conferences and the build-up, so I wanted to crack him in his jaw.

“The lesson to learn in this situation is karma works in various ways and what goes around will come back around.

“I feel like he has taken fate and his own blessings out of his own hands.”

Joshua and Miller clashed at their initial press conference as the American shoved the Brit in their face-off.

They then engaged in a heated war of words in which ‘Big Baby’ insulted Joshua’s mother, causing the champion to bite back by branding himself ‘the landlord’ and insisting he was paying Miller’s mother’s rent.

AJ even blew a kiss to Miller’s mother, who was in attendance at the presser.

As the fight never happened, the challenger missed out on a staggering payday – but Joshua reassured Miller’s mother he would be happy to take care of her.

AJ continued: “Good luck to the kid Jarrell Miller whatever he does with his life. As I said, I’m not gonna knock him when he’s down.

“But he doesn’t even deserve to be in the ring with me or any other heavyweight right now.

“June 1, MSG, still going ahead. The landlord will still come and collect his rent.

“And by the way, to Miller’s mum, ‘I still love you and if there’s anything I can do for you, just let me know’.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Mexico invests in robotic dogs for 2026 World Cup

The 2026 FIFA World Cup will run from June 11 to July 19 across Mexico, the United States, and Canada, with Monterrey among the host cities.

Published

on

By

46 Views

Photo: Robotic dogs

Mexican authorities have introduced robotic dogs to support police operations during the 2026 FIFA World Cup, highlighting the growing convergence of football, technology, and security investment.

The local council in Guadalupe, part of the Monterrey metropolitan area, invested approximately $145,000 in the robotic units as part of its World Cup security preparations.

The 2026 FIFA World Cup will run from June 11 to July 19 across Mexico, the United States, and Canada, with Monterrey among the host cities.

A demonstration video released by the municipality shows one of the robots navigating an abandoned building, climbing stairs and transmitting live footage to officers positioned behind it

In a simulated scenario, the robot confronted an armed suspect and issued instructions via loudspeaker for him to drop his weapon.

Continue Reading

Sports

2026 Lagos City Marathon on Saturday

The 42-kilometre race will commence at Ahmadu Bello Way by MRS Filling Station and proceed through the entire Coastal Road, which serves as the finishing point.

Published

on

By

46 Views

The Lagos State Government has announced traffic diversion plan ahead of the 2026 Lagos City Marathon scheduled for Saturday, February 14.

The government said that the diversion became necessary to ensure smooth conduct of the annual sporting event and to minimise disruption to movement across major routes in the state.

In a statement issued by the Commissioner for Transportation, Oluwaseun Osiyemi, said the marathon will feature two races, 42 kilometres and 10 kilometres, which will run simultaneously across designated routes.

He explained that the 42-kilometre race will commence at Ahmadu Bello Way by MRS Filling Station and proceed through the entire Coastal Road, which serves as the finishing point.

He added that the 10-kilometre race will begin at Durosimi Etti in Lekki Phase 1, passing through Ozumba Mbadiwe, Bishop Oluwole, Akin Adesola and terminate at Sanusi Fafunwa.

Continue Reading

Sports

Tottenham sacks manager Thomas Frank

Tottenham fans booed Frank and chanted for his sacking during Tuesday’s 2-1 defeat to Newcastle.

Published

on

By

55 Views

•Thomas Frank

Tottenham has sacked the Men’s Head Coach, Thomas Frank.

Tottenham fans booed Frank and chanted for his sacking during Tuesday’s 2-1 defeat to Newcastle.

“Thomas Frank was appointed in June 2025, and we have been determined to give him the time and support needed to build for the future together,” said the Club via a statement on Wednesday.

The statement reads: “The Club has taken the decision to make a change in position and Thomas Frank will leave today. However, results and performances have led the Board to conclude that a change at this point in the season is necessary.“

Throughout his time at the Club, Thomas has conducted himself with unwavering commitment, giving everything in his efforts to move the Club forward.

We would like to thank him for his contribution and wish him every success in the future.”

Frank left Brentford in June to replace Ange Postecoglou after the Australian was sacked despite winning the Europa League.

Continue Reading

Trending