Sports
Nigeria Golden Eaglets to miss World Cup Qualifying Games
Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets has lost out of the under 17 AFCON 2023 after falling 2-1 to fellow West Africans Burkina Faso in the quarter-finals in Algiers.
The result meant the Golden Eaglets won’t feature in the under 17 World Cup that would take place later this year, with Burkina Faso completing the quartet of teams to represent Africa in the tournament.
The other teams are Senegal, Mali and Morocco.
The Nigerians have their poor finishing skills and defensive blunders to blame for the result.
The Junior Stallions went into a 2-0 lead over the five-time world champions courtesy of Aboubacar Camara.
Sports
FIFA releases 2026 World Cup anthem ‘Goals’, by Rema, LISA, Anitta
The Official FIFA World Cup 2026 Album will feature artists from across continents, aligning with the tournament’s expanded 48-team format hosted by the United States, Canada and Mexico.
The Official FIFA World Cup 2026 Album “GOALS” been released , featuring Afrobeats star Rema , South Korean pop act LISA and Brazilian pop singer Anitta .
The single track dropped Thursday on all major streaming platforms through SALXCO UAM and Def Jam Recordings.
An official music video was released alongside the single.
Goals was produced by Grammy-winning producer Cirkut and fuses Afrobeats, K-pop and Latin pop.
FIFA stated that the album serves as a unifying platform where music and sport intersect, designed to connect fans and cultures worldwide.
The organisation also announced that Rema, LISA and Anitta are set to perform together at the FIFA World Cup USA Opening Ceremony in Los Angeles.
The Official FIFA World Cup 2026 Album will feature artists from across continents, aligning with the tournament’s expanded 48-team format hosted by the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Sports
Man Utd permanents Carrick as manager
“Now it’s time to move forward together again, with ambition and a clear sense of purpose. Manchester United and our incredible supporters deserve to be challenging for the biggest honours again,” Carrick said.
“We are delighted to announce Michael Carrick will continue as our head coach, having signed a new contract,” said Manchester United on Friday.
Carrick, the 44-year-old former United player, took charge on an interim basis after Ruben Amorim was sacked in January and led United to Champions League qualification with an impressive third-placed finish in the Premier League.
” From the moment that I arrived here 20 years ago, I felt the magic of Manchester United. Carrying the responsibility of leading our special football club fills me with immense pride
” Throughout the past five months, this group of players have shown they can reach the standards of resilience, togetherness and determination that we demand here.
“Now it’s time to move forward together again, with ambition and a clear sense of purpose. Manchester United and our incredible supporters deserve to be challenging for the biggest honours again,” Carrick said.
Sports
Breaking: Arsenal Win Premier League For First Time In 22 Years
The Gunners, who have set the pace for most of the season, have bounced back impressively since losing to City last month, winning four straight league matches without conceding a goal.
Arsenal have won the Premier League for the first time in 22 years with a game to spare after Man City failed to win at Bournemouth.
Arsenal ended their 22-year wait to be crowned Premier League champions on Tuesday after Manchester City were held 1-1 by Bournemouth.
City had to win to take the title fight to the final day, but the Cherries extended their unbeaten streak to 17 league games, a run which has secured European football for the first time in the club’s history.
After finishing second for the past three seasons, Mikel Arteta’s Gunners have finally made it over the line to end a six-year trophy drought.
Arsenal edged to the brink of the title with an unconvincing 1-0 win over already relegated Burnley on Monday, which took them five points clear of City.
The Gunners, who have set the pace for most of the season, have bounced back impressively since losing to City last month, winning four straight league matches without conceding a goal.
-
Business3 days agoIEA chief warns Oil market could enter ‘red zone’ by July as stocks dwindle ahead of summer travel season
-
Politics2 days agoKwankwaso denies upteenth times, “I’m not working for Tinubu’s political interests “
-
Politics3 days agoHamzat emerges Lagos APC governorship candidate
-
Opinions3 days agoPAYE Tax, Stakeholder Concern and Country Development, By Tony Monye
-
News2 days agoDHQ says JAS terrorists carried out Oyo kidnap
-
Politics24 hours agoAPC Presidential Primary: Massive turnout as Amosun, Gov Abiodun, Adeola join party faithfuls at wards, commend exercise
-
News2 days agoBurial begins for Oyo school teacher killed by JAS terrorist group
-
Entertainment2 days agoAnnie Macaulay announces “I’m back to acting”
