News
IGP Egbetokun Redeploys CP Jimoh Moshood to Effectively Police Lagos
His extensive background in communications, administration, and public relations, combined with his operational expertise, uniquely qualifies him to head the Lagos State Police Command.
▪︎CP JIMOH MOSHOOD
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun has redeployed CP Jimoh Moshood as the new Commissioner of Police for Lagos State.
ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, disclosed this in a statement with Ref No. CZ.5300/FPRD/FHQ/ABJ/VOL.6/369 dated: February 17, 2025.
The statement reads: ” CP Jimoh Moshood previously served in key positions including CP Communications Ops, Force Headquarters, Force Public Relations Officer, and CP Eastern Port, Rivers State before now.
His extensive background in communications, administration, and public relations, combined with his operational expertise, uniquely qualifies him to head the Lagos State Police Command.
CP Moshood’s appointment is expected to strengthen coordination among units, enhance community engagement, and uphold the highest standards of professionalism in Lagos State.
The Inspector-General of Police has charged CP Jimoh Moshood to uphold the rule of law and maintain operational excellence as he assumes his new role and to lead with unwavering integrity, enforce discipline, and implement proactive strategies to safeguard lives and property.”
News
DHQ says JAS terrorists carried out Oyo kidnap
The DHQ denied reports suggesting it referred to terrorists operating in the South-West as ordinary criminals, insisting that such interpretations were inaccurate and misleading.
Photo: Maj Gen Michael Onoja
The Defence Headquarters disclosed that the attackers behind the Oyo abduction were members of the Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad terrorist group displaced by sustained military offensives across the country.
Latest week, schools in communities at Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State, were attacked by terrorists ; they abducted pupils, teachers and other residents from Community High School, Ahoro-Esinle.
The incident also left several persons dead, while one of the abducted teachers, Michael Oyedokun, was later killed after a video linked to the attack surfaced online.
In a statement signed by the Director, Defence Media Operations, Maj Gen Michael Onoja, the DHQ confirmed said that the attack was perpetrated by terrorists of the JAS Group that have been dislodged from other parts of the country due to high-intensity operations being conducted all over the country.
The DHQ denied reports suggesting it referred to terrorists operating in the South-West as ordinary criminals, insisting that such interpretations were inaccurate and misleading.
“It is, therefore, inaccurate and misleading to suggest that the Defence Headquarters, at any point, referred to vicious and violent terrorists as criminals,” Onoja stated
News
NYSC warns against night travel as 2026 Batch B Stream I orientation begins June 10
The orientation exercise will officially end on Tuesday, June 30, 2026.
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) announced Thursday that the 2026 Batch ‘B’ Stream I Orientation Course will begin on Wednesday, June 10, 2026, with the reception and registration of prospective corps members across the country.
In a statement signed by Caroline Embu, Director, Information and Public Relations, NYSC said that the registration would end at midnight on Friday, June 12, in all 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.
The NYSC added that the swearing-in ceremony for prospective corps members mobilised for the 2026 Batch ‘B’ Stream I service year would also take place on Friday, June 12.
The orientation exercise will officially end on Tuesday, June 30, 2026.
The scheme wished all mobilised Nigerian graduates safe journeys to their various orientation camps nationwide and reiterated its warning against night travel.
It advised prospective corps members to suspend their journeys once it is 6pm and spend the night at any available corps members’ lodge, military formation, police station, outpost, or palace of a traditional ruler before continuing the next morning.
News
President Tinubu appoints 40 years old Prof Aina as JAMB Registrar
Prof Aina will succeed Prof Is-haq Oloyede, whose two-term tenure expires on July 31, 2026.
•Prof Segun Aina
President Bola Tinubu has appointed Professor Segun Aina as the new registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
Prof Aina will succeed Professor Is-haq Oloyede, whose two-term tenure expires on July 31, 2026.
Professor Aina, who will be 40 in July, is a distinguished academic and systems expert with extensive experience in national examination systems, digital infrastructure, and public-sector institutional reform.
A statement by the presidential spokesman, Bayo Onanuga, stated that “President Tinubu expects Professor Aina to bring to bear his vast experience, knowledge and practical insight into the operations of the Board to take the critical educational organisation beyond the laudable heights achieved by his predecessor.”
A professor of computer engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Aina began his career with JAMB during his National Youth Service, gaining foundational experience in national admissions and data-driven institutional processes.
These insights have shaped his ongoing contributions to examination reform and systems optimisation.
-
Crime3 days agoBREAKING: EFCC Nabs Convicted Ex-Power Minister Saleh Mamman After Years on The Run
-
Politics3 days agoObi emerges NDC’s sole presidential aspirant
-
Sports3 days agoGuardiola debunks Man City exit report
-
International3 days agoAfghan fathers forced to selling children to survive
-
Business1 day agoFemi Otedola earmarks $100 million for Dangote Refinery’s IPO
-
International3 days agoKenyan transport operators suspend strike for one-week to allow talks
-
News2 days agoTinubu, Shettima , Jonathan highlight political lessons from Gowon ‘s autobiography ‘My Life of Duty and Allegiance.’
-
Sports3 days agoGuardiola ends 10-year Manchester City reign
