Connect with us

News

Governor Soludo Marks Armed Forces Remembrance Day, Launch New Security Force “Operation Udo Ga Achi”  

The event featured a parade, wreath-laying, and dove release, symbolizing peace.

Published

on

715 Views

By Christian ABURIME

Governor of Anambra. Professor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, on January 15, paid a glowing tribute to Nigeria’s fallen heroes during the Armed Forces Remembrance Day at Dr. Alex Ekwueme Square, Awka.

The occasion was attended by the Deputy Governor, Dr Onyekachukwu Ibezim, Speaker of Anambra State House of Assembly, Rt Hon  Somtochukwu Udeze,  members of the Judiciary, Service Commanders, traditional rulers, Veterans, among others

Governor Soludo used the occasion to laud their sacrifices for freedom and pledged unwavering support for security forces in Anambra.

Governor Soludo also praised the Nigerian Armed Forces and local vigilantes for combating terrorism and restoring peace in troubled areas like Orumba South and North.

He condemned the criminal activities that led to the deaths of many security personnel and called for collective action against crime.

He announced the launch of Operation Udo Ga Achi (Peace Will Reign) and putting in place stringent Homeland Laws to prosecute criminals effectively, Soludo emphasized the need for intelligence-sharing to tackle organized crime.

He decried that kidnapping for ransom has become a lucrative business that must be tackled headlong To the military and other paramilitary agencies.

Governor Soludo reiterated that “Anambra is grateful, appreciative, and will not forget,” while also pledging continued support for the security forces.

The event featured a parade, wreath-laying, and dove release, symbolizing peace.

The Governor further urged citizens to make security a shared responsibility, adding, “The safety of lives and property is everyone’s duty.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Defence Headquarters say X Account Compromised

The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.

Published

on

By

4 Views

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has issued a notification to the public, media representatives, and relevant stakeholders regarding the compromise of its official account on X (formerly known as Twitter).

The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.

He said “appropriate technical measures had been activated to secure the account and prevent further unauthorised access.”

Uba assured the public that efforts were ongoing to fully restore control of the account, while advising members of the public to disregard any suspicious, unauthorised or misleading content posted from the account during the period.

Continue Reading

News

Edo Assembly Speaker Agbebaku Resigns Amid Impeachment Plot (Video)

Published

on

8 Views

The Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Blessing Agbebaku, has resigned following moves by some lawmakers to impeach him.

Agbebaku said his decision came after extensive consultations with his constituency and party leaders.

In related developments, other principal officers of the House, including the Majority Leader and his deputy, have been suspended.

Agbebaku had served as Speaker for six years, having assumed the position during the tenure of former Governor Godwin Obaseki. He defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC) after the 2024 Edo governorship election.

Yekini Idiaye has emerged as the new Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly.

Watch video below:

Continue Reading

News

NMMA shortlist 972 entries for 2026 awards

NMMA was founded by a former Chairman of Daily Times, the late Alhaji Babatunde Jose, who led the organisation for 10 years.

Published

on

By

44 Views

The Nigerian Media Merit Award (NMMA) said that it has shortlisted 972 of 1,112 entries for this year’s awards.

The Chairman of the NMMA Panel of Assessors, Otunba Dele Adetiba, said that the entries for the 34th edition cut across print, radio, and television categories.

Chairman of the NMMA Board of Trustees, Prof. Dayo Duyile, said that the award was established in 1990 to promote professionalism, ethical journalism and excellence among media practitioners.

Duyile, a veteran journalist and academic, said the NMMA was founded by a former Chairman of Daily Times, the late Alhaji Babatunde Jose, who led the organisation for 10 years.

Continue Reading

Trending