Connect with us

News

ARISE TV Staff Tenders Evidence at Election Court

Published

on

552 Views

A video evidence has been tendered by Arise Television Director of Operation, Lummie Edevbie, at the Presidential Election Petition Court at the request of Peter Obi of the Labour Party who is challenging the outcome of the Presidential polls.

Recall that the Labour Party had issued a summon on Arise Television to appear and tender a video evidence which is that of INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, at the Chatham House, London on January 17, 2023 speaking about the BVAS and how it will be used for the upload of polling unit results in real-time on election day.

The said footage stored on a flash drive was tendered in evidence despite earlier objections by lawyers of INEC, Bola Tinubu and APC.

Meanwhile, Friday June 16 is for cross examination of Mr Edevbie as Labour Party witness.

Earlier in the day’s proceedings at the Presidential Election Petition Court, star witness, a professor of Mathematics at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka was brought by the Labour Party.

Part of the witness statement are data analysis of Presidential Election results of Benue and Rivers State.

Also included in his statement are blurred 18,088 polling unit results of the election.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

NYSC warns against night travel as 2026 Batch B Stream I orientation begins June 10

The orientation exercise will officially end on Tuesday, June 30, 2026.

Published

on

By

22 Views

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) announced Thursday that the 2026 Batch ‘B’ Stream I Orientation Course will begin on Wednesday, June 10, 2026, with the reception and registration of prospective corps members across the country.

In a statement signed by Caroline Embu, Director, Information and Public Relations, NYSC said that the registration would end at midnight on Friday, June 12, in all 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory.

The NYSC added that the swearing-in ceremony for prospective corps members mobilised for the 2026 Batch ‘B’ Stream I service year would also take place on Friday, June 12.

The orientation exercise will officially end on Tuesday, June 30, 2026.

The scheme wished all mobilised Nigerian graduates safe journeys to their various orientation camps nationwide and reiterated its warning against night travel.

It advised prospective corps members to suspend their journeys once it is 6pm and spend the night at any available corps members’ lodge, military formation, police station, outpost, or palace of a traditional ruler before continuing the next morning.

Continue Reading

News

President Tinubu appoints 40 years old Prof Aina as JAMB Registrar

Prof Aina will succeed Prof Is-haq Oloyede, whose two-term tenure expires on July 31, 2026.

Published

on

By

19 Views

Prof Segun Aina

President Bola Tinubu has appointed Professor Segun Aina as the new registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).

Prof Aina will succeed Professor Is-haq Oloyede, whose two-term tenure expires on July 31, 2026.

Professor Aina, who will be 40 in July, is a distinguished academic and systems expert with extensive experience in national examination systems, digital infrastructure, and public-sector institutional reform.

A statement by the presidential spokesman, Bayo Onanuga, stated that “President Tinubu expects Professor Aina to bring to bear his vast experience, knowledge and practical insight into the operations of the Board to take the critical educational organisation beyond the laudable heights achieved by his predecessor.”

A professor of computer engineering at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Aina began his career with JAMB during his National Youth Service, gaining foundational experience in national admissions and data-driven institutional processes.

These insights have shaped his ongoing contributions to examination reform and systems optimisation.

Continue Reading

News

Nigeria now produces 10,000 passports per hour

In an address during the International Civil Service Conference 2026 in Abuja, the minister said that the reform has transformed passport production from a slow, manual and fragmented process into a system driven by automation, integration and efficiency.

Published

on

By

24 Views

Photo: Minister of Interior, Olatunji Olubunmi-Ojo

Minister of Interior, Olatunji Olubunmi-Ojo, said that Nigeria can now produce “nothing less than 10,000 passports per hour.”

The minister attributes the passport production fest to the establishment of a world-class centralised personalisation centre in Abuja, a development he described as the first of its kind since 1963.

In an address during the International Civil Service Conference 2026 in Abuja, the minister said that the reform has transformed passport production from a slow, manual and fragmented process into a system driven by automation, integration and efficiency.

“For the first time since 1963, we have a world-class centralised personalisation centre in Abuja,” said Olubunmi-Ojo.

“And what that means is that from a system that could do 400 or 500 passports per hour, all over the world, we could barely do three, four thousand a day or per hour.

Today, we are in a position to do nothing less than 10,000 passports per hour with a centralised level of control.”

He said the nder the new arrangement, stressing that the innovation marks a major shift in the management of internal security services and public administration.

Continue Reading

Trending