News
Senator Tokunbo Abiru Distributes Food Packs to Over 6,000 Vulnerable Constituents In Lagos East
The Senator representing Lagos East Senatorial District, Senator Mukhail Adetokunbo Abiru, has launched a quarterly Food Packs Programme targeted at vulnerable members of the Senatorial District.
At least Six thousand vulnerable people who are widows, unemployed youth, aged, women and People living with disabilities across the 98 wards in the 16 Local Government Areas and Local Council Development areas of the district benefited.



The atmosphere was filled with joy as constituents received the packs containing various food items. The food packs distribution exercise took place simultaneously in Ikorodu, Epe, Ibeju-Lekki, Somolu and Kosofe.
Senator Abiru who is fondly called the #DoingGood Senator, in his remarks said the food packs programme is aimed at relieving the burden of the less privileged people in his Senatorial District. He added that he has been championing legislations, programmes and interventions that have lasting impacts on the larger number of the constituents of Lagos East.
The lawmaker mentioned SAIL Innovation Lab, the first of its kind Innovation Lab in Lagos East, founded by him and his wife, which was commissioned by Vice-President Kashim Shettima and Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu last month. He said the Innovation Lab was set up to offer sustainable and globally competitive jobs and opportunities to young people of the district.
He urged parents, guardians and youths who were present at the programme to avail themselves of the life transforming opportunities at SAIL Innovation Lab. Cc-Hub is the technical partner that runs and operates SAIL Innovation Lab.
The Senator assured that complete rehabilitation of the critical 32-Km Ikorodu-Itokin road which was recently stabilised will start very soon. The road links Ikorodu to Epe and Ibeju-Lekki, and other parts of the country. Senator Abiru facilitated the first major rehabilitation of the 48 year-old road.
Senator Abiru who is regarded as one of the most performing Senators in Nigeria had earlier disbursed over N150 million Naira in 24 months to over 2,500 vulnerable people of his constituency under the COVID-19 Financial Relief Scheme he instituted. Every month, beneficiaries received direct credit of N5,000 each for the period the programme lasted.
Prince Jamiu Adio Saka, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Ikorodu who spoke on behalf of the party leadership in Ikorodu Division, said the party and the people of the Senatorial District were very proud of the Senator.
“Honesty, we are very proud of him, we have never had any doubts about his abilities. When you look at his antecedent, it is not by accident. He is always wanting to do more and more for the people. Whoever does good, shall always receive good things in return. We thank you very much, God bless you”, Prince Saka said in his goodwill message.
Some of the beneficiaries who expressed gratitude to Senator Abiru include; Musbau Davis, a Person Living with Disability, Nofisat Adesanya, an aged, Biola Gabriel, a youth, Ogunyemi Abosede, a widow and Saidat Lawal, amongst many other elated beneficiaries .
Dignitaries at the Ikorodu distribution venue include Alhaji Badru Enifeni, Dr Saheed Oladapo Ibikunle, the Special Adviser to the Senator on Constituency Matters, Hon (Mrs) Adebimpe Akinsola,Alhaji Rilwan Ishola Jinadu, Bishop SO Ayodele, Hon (Prince) Adefarasin Hassan, Engr Amid Oduborisa, Oriwu Club President, Alhaji Abiodun Ogunniyi, amongst others.


News
US Nigeria military eliminate more than 20 ISIS/ISWAP fighters in latest airstrike
Terrorists who threaten our citizens, communities and national stability will be located and defeated.
• US President Donald Trump
The United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) said Monday the U.S. and Nigerian forces carried out further strikes on ISIS targets on May 17, 2026 and eliminated more than 20 ISIS/ISWAP fighters in Nigeria’s North-East region.
In a statement posted on its official X handle on Monday, the combatant command said that the latest operation comes three days after had eliminated a senior ISIS commander and one of the world’s most wanted terrorists, Abu Bilal al-Minuki, during an operation conducted on Friday.
The statement reads:“On May 17, 2026, U.S. Africa Command, in coordination with the Government of Nigeria, conducted additional kinetic strikes against ISIS in Northeastern Nigeria.
“Intelligence confirmed the targets were ISIS militants. Complete assessments are ongoing. No U.S. or Nigerian forces were harmed.
“The removal of these terrorists diminishes the group’s capacity to plan attacks that threaten the safety and security of the U.S. and our partners.”
AFRICOM added that it remains committed to deploying specialised U.S. capabilities in support of partner nations to counter shared security threats and degrade terrorist networks operating across the region.
The Director Defence Information (DDI), Maj.-Gen. Samaila Uba, added that the multiple air strikes followed observed convergence and migration of terrorist elements, resulting in the elimination of more than 20 ISIS/ISWAP fighters.
“The Armed Forces of Nigeria will continue to aggressively defend the sovereignty, security and territorial integrity of the nation.
Terrorists who threaten our citizens, communities and national stability will be located and defeated.
“There will be no haven for all terrorists anywhere in Nigeria” the statement said.
News
JUST IN: Court Grants Nasir El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged National Security Breach
The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, in the sum of N100 million with one surety in like sum.
Justice Joyce Abdulmalik handed down the ruling on Monday in the case filed by the Department of State Services (DSS), which is prosecuting El-Rufai for alleged breach of national security.
The former governor had publicly admitted on national television to wiretapping the office of the National Security Adviser, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.
While granting the bail application, Justice Abdulmalik imposed stringent conditions for its perfection. The proposed surety must:
- Reside in either Maitama or Asokoro, Abuja, and deposit the original Certificate of Occupancy of a landed property with the court registry.
- Be a federal civil servant on Grade Level 17 or above.
- Submit proof of salary payments for the past three months, supported by an authentication letter from the branch bank manager within the court’s jurisdiction.
- Swear to an affidavit of means, sign a bail bond, and provide a recent passport photograph.
Additionally, El-Rufai must surrender all his valid passports to the court. The surety is also required to provide a verification letter from his immediate department and a tax clearance certificate for the last six months.
The court further directed El-Rufai to submit a letter of attestation from the Chairman of the Kaduna State Traditional Council.
As part of the bail conditions, the former governor must report to the DSS headquarters on the last Friday of every month by 10 a.m. to sign the attendance register until the determination of the case.
Justice Abdulmalik warned that any violation of these conditions would result in the immediate revocation of the bail. The court also ordered an accelerated hearing of the matter.
News
Abu-Bilal al-Minuki: Deadly But Harmless Looking – Poison Dart Frog
Positions that used to be dominated by Syrian and Iraqis in the top echelons of the Islamic State leadership are now filled by African veteran jihadists from all over the continent.
Abu Bilal al-Mainuki was elevated to the position of head of the Islamic State General Directorate of Provinces, replacing Abdul Qadir Mumin (Somali national) only three months ago in February 2026.
This placed him as the second in charge of the Islamic State global organization right after the Caliph Abu Hafs al-Hashimi.
Positions that used to be dominated by Syrian and Iraqis in the top echelons of the Islamic State leadership are now filled by African veteran jihadists from all over the continent.
Before February 2026, Abu Bilal al-Mainuki was head of the al-Furqan regional office which oversees the Sahelian, Libyan and West African Provinces.
Before that he was second-in-command to Abu Musab al-Barnawi, he was a staunch ally of the latter during the split and war against Shekau’s JAS (Boko Haram) and was a significant pillar in consolidating the gains captured from Shekau following his death and the mass defections from JAS to ISWAP.
-
News2 days agoPresident Tinubu Cheers US, Nigerian troops elimination of ISIS top leaders, Lauds Trump (Video)
-
News21 hours agoAbu-Bilal al-Minuki: Deadly But Harmless Looking – Poison Dart Frog
-
News3 days agoMany Trapped in Abuja Collapsed Building , 3 Dead (Video)
-
News1 day agoSenate Rule Amendment: Debate Should Focus on Institutional Stability, Not Personalities – Eyiboh
-
Business19 hours agoPenCom bracing up to invest in Dangote Refinery’s IPO, urges PFAs
-
Business21 hours ago63% of Nigerians want interest rates reduced – CBN
-
Sports20 hours agoAfrican Athletics Championship: Team Nigeria wins 12 medals
-
Business19 hours agoDangote expands Investment in Ethiopia to $4bn
