News
Popular Biafra Agitator, Simon Ekpa Warns Buhari Over Continued Detention of Nnamdi Kanu by DSS
Popular Biafra Agitator and Separatist Simon Ekpa has warned President Muhammadu Buhari, Minister for Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami and the Department of State Security that the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu must not die under detention.
The Finland-based lawyer and Prime Minister of the Biafra Republic Government in Exile, BRGIE, called on Buhari, DSS, Malami to free Nnamdi Kanu over his deteriorating health.
Ekpa said the medical team of the Department of State Security, DSS confirmed that Nnamdi Kanu needs urgent medical attention, while lamenting that Kanu had been complaining of ear pain for over two years without proper medical attention.
Ekpa urged the Nigerian Government to either release Kanu immediately or allow his medical team to attend to him while in detention, while kicking against the DSS medical team performing surgery on Nnamdi Kanu.
Ekpa said:
“The information has revealed that the DSS Medical Unit has recommended urgent ear surgery for Mazi Nnamdi Kanu (Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra). With this letter, we are telling the DSS Medical Unit not to attempt any such manoeuvre.
“Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has been complaining of his deteriorating health for Over two years, and DSS refused to see his medical team. He has been without his reading eyeglasses since he was kidnapped and extraordinarily renditioned to Nigeria against his will; still, the DSS refused the courtesy of replacing his eyeglasses and having an optical reexamination. The competent court of any wrongdoing has discharged Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, yet DSS keeps him captive.
“By recommending this urgent surgery for him after refusing access to his medical team, DSS has directly accepted that they have debased Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s health and are planning now to use an excuse of surgery to poison and kill him off.
“If DSS is sincere, they should allow Mazi Nnamdi Kanu the freedom to walk away from their dungeon and go and meet his medical team. His Life is not guaranteed under the DSS surgeons or the Nigeria healthcare system.
“In March 2022, Biafrans mourned DIG Joseph Egbunike, who died after medical surgery to remove a FISH BONE stuck in his throat. Hence, we are saying no to the DSS-recommended urgent surgery for Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, which we view as a “Trojan Horse” and insincere. Suppose the DSS medical unit insists that the surgery must be done in their captivity and must be done urgently. In that case, they should allow Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s medical team to come in and perform the surgery.
“All Biafrans must stand up now and say no to any wicked and inglorious DSS attempt to perform any surgery on our Leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. If anything happens to Mazi Nnamdi Kanu from DSS surgery, be assured that Nigeria will be on flame, and many suspected of being part of this kidnapping will pay heavily”, his statement contained.
Recall that Kanu was re-arrested in 2019 by the Nigerian Government. Despite several court orders, Buhari’s Government refused to grant him bail.
In another development, Ekpa was awarded the honour of Ambassador of Peace at the African Day celebration in Helsinki, Finland, by the Universal Peace Federation, UPF.
News
US Nigeria military eliminate more than 20 ISIS/ISWAP fighters in latest airstrike
Terrorists who threaten our citizens, communities and national stability will be located and defeated.
• US President Donald Trump
The United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) said Monday the U.S. and Nigerian forces carried out further strikes on ISIS targets on May 17, 2026 and eliminated more than 20 ISIS/ISWAP fighters in Nigeria’s North-East region.
In a statement posted on its official X handle on Monday, the combatant command said that the latest operation comes three days after had eliminated a senior ISIS commander and one of the world’s most wanted terrorists, Abu Bilal al-Minuki, during an operation conducted on Friday.
The statement reads:“On May 17, 2026, U.S. Africa Command, in coordination with the Government of Nigeria, conducted additional kinetic strikes against ISIS in Northeastern Nigeria.
“Intelligence confirmed the targets were ISIS militants. Complete assessments are ongoing. No U.S. or Nigerian forces were harmed.
“The removal of these terrorists diminishes the group’s capacity to plan attacks that threaten the safety and security of the U.S. and our partners.”
AFRICOM added that it remains committed to deploying specialised U.S. capabilities in support of partner nations to counter shared security threats and degrade terrorist networks operating across the region.
The Director Defence Information (DDI), Maj.-Gen. Samaila Uba, added that the multiple air strikes followed observed convergence and migration of terrorist elements, resulting in the elimination of more than 20 ISIS/ISWAP fighters.
“The Armed Forces of Nigeria will continue to aggressively defend the sovereignty, security and territorial integrity of the nation.
Terrorists who threaten our citizens, communities and national stability will be located and defeated.
“There will be no haven for all terrorists anywhere in Nigeria” the statement said.
News
JUST IN: Court Grants Nasir El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged National Security Breach
The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, in the sum of N100 million with one surety in like sum.
Justice Joyce Abdulmalik handed down the ruling on Monday in the case filed by the Department of State Services (DSS), which is prosecuting El-Rufai for alleged breach of national security.
The former governor had publicly admitted on national television to wiretapping the office of the National Security Adviser, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.
While granting the bail application, Justice Abdulmalik imposed stringent conditions for its perfection. The proposed surety must:
- Reside in either Maitama or Asokoro, Abuja, and deposit the original Certificate of Occupancy of a landed property with the court registry.
- Be a federal civil servant on Grade Level 17 or above.
- Submit proof of salary payments for the past three months, supported by an authentication letter from the branch bank manager within the court’s jurisdiction.
- Swear to an affidavit of means, sign a bail bond, and provide a recent passport photograph.
Additionally, El-Rufai must surrender all his valid passports to the court. The surety is also required to provide a verification letter from his immediate department and a tax clearance certificate for the last six months.
The court further directed El-Rufai to submit a letter of attestation from the Chairman of the Kaduna State Traditional Council.
As part of the bail conditions, the former governor must report to the DSS headquarters on the last Friday of every month by 10 a.m. to sign the attendance register until the determination of the case.
Justice Abdulmalik warned that any violation of these conditions would result in the immediate revocation of the bail. The court also ordered an accelerated hearing of the matter.
News
Abu-Bilal al-Minuki: Deadly But Harmless Looking – Poison Dart Frog
Positions that used to be dominated by Syrian and Iraqis in the top echelons of the Islamic State leadership are now filled by African veteran jihadists from all over the continent.
Abu Bilal al-Mainuki was elevated to the position of head of the Islamic State General Directorate of Provinces, replacing Abdul Qadir Mumin (Somali national) only three months ago in February 2026.
This placed him as the second in charge of the Islamic State global organization right after the Caliph Abu Hafs al-Hashimi.
Positions that used to be dominated by Syrian and Iraqis in the top echelons of the Islamic State leadership are now filled by African veteran jihadists from all over the continent.
Before February 2026, Abu Bilal al-Mainuki was head of the al-Furqan regional office which oversees the Sahelian, Libyan and West African Provinces.
Before that he was second-in-command to Abu Musab al-Barnawi, he was a staunch ally of the latter during the split and war against Shekau’s JAS (Boko Haram) and was a significant pillar in consolidating the gains captured from Shekau following his death and the mass defections from JAS to ISWAP.
-
News2 days agoPresident Tinubu Cheers US, Nigerian troops elimination of ISIS top leaders, Lauds Trump (Video)
-
News13 hours agoAbu-Bilal al-Minuki: Deadly But Harmless Looking – Poison Dart Frog
-
News2 days agoMany Trapped in Abuja Collapsed Building , 3 Dead (Video)
-
News21 hours agoSenate Rule Amendment: Debate Should Focus on Institutional Stability, Not Personalities – Eyiboh
-
News3 days agoPresident Tinubu returns to Lagos ahead of APC primaries tomorrow (Video)
-
Business11 hours agoPenCom bracing up to invest in Dangote Refinery’s IPO, urges PFAs
-
Business12 hours ago63% of Nigerians want interest rates reduced – CBN
-
Sports12 hours agoAfrican Athletics Championship: Team Nigeria wins 12 medals
