Connect with us

News

Popular Biafra Agitator, Simon Ekpa Warns Buhari Over Continued Detention of Nnamdi Kanu by DSS

Published

on

482 Views

Popular Biafra Agitator and Separatist Simon Ekpa has warned President Muhammadu Buhari, Minister for Justice and Attorney-General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami and the Department of State Security that the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu must not die under detention.

The Finland-based lawyer and Prime Minister of the Biafra Republic Government in Exile, BRGIE, called on Buhari, DSS, Malami to free Nnamdi Kanu over his deteriorating health.

Ekpa said the medical team of the Department of State Security, DSS confirmed that Nnamdi Kanu needs urgent medical attention, while lamenting that Kanu had been complaining of ear pain for over two years without proper medical attention.

Ekpa urged the Nigerian Government to either release Kanu immediately or allow his medical team to attend to him while in detention, while kicking against the DSS medical team performing surgery on Nnamdi Kanu.

Ekpa said:

“The information has revealed that the DSS Medical Unit has recommended urgent ear surgery for Mazi Nnamdi Kanu (Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra). With this letter, we are telling the DSS Medical Unit not to attempt any such manoeuvre.

“Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has been complaining of his deteriorating health for Over two years, and DSS refused to see his medical team. He has been without his reading eyeglasses since he was kidnapped and extraordinarily renditioned to Nigeria against his will; still, the DSS refused the courtesy of replacing his eyeglasses and having an optical reexamination. The competent court of any wrongdoing has discharged Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, yet DSS keeps him captive.

“By recommending this urgent surgery for him after refusing access to his medical team, DSS has directly accepted that they have debased Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s health and are planning now to use an excuse of surgery to poison and kill him off.

“If DSS is sincere, they should allow Mazi Nnamdi Kanu the freedom to walk away from their dungeon and go and meet his medical team. His Life is not guaranteed under the DSS surgeons or the Nigeria healthcare system.

“In March 2022, Biafrans mourned DIG Joseph Egbunike, who died after medical surgery to remove a FISH BONE stuck in his throat. Hence, we are saying no to the DSS-recommended urgent surgery for Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, which we view as a “Trojan Horse” and insincere. Suppose the DSS medical unit insists that the surgery must be done in their captivity and must be done urgently. In that case, they should allow Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s medical team to come in and perform the surgery.

“All Biafrans must stand up now and say no to any wicked and inglorious DSS attempt to perform any surgery on our Leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu. If anything happens to Mazi Nnamdi Kanu from DSS surgery, be assured that Nigeria will be on flame, and many suspected of being part of this kidnapping will pay heavily”, his statement contained.

Recall that Kanu was re-arrested in 2019 by the Nigerian Government. Despite several court orders, Buhari’s Government refused to grant him bail.

In another development, Ekpa was awarded the honour of Ambassador of Peace at the African Day celebration in Helsinki, Finland, by the Universal Peace Federation, UPF.

News

200 Kaduna varsity lecturers resign over poor condition of service

Most of the lecturers who left the institution secured appointments in newer universities within and outside Kaduna State.

Published

on

By

17 Views

The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has raised concern over the departure of more than 200 lecturers of Kaduna State University, (KASU).

Chairman of ASUU-KASU, Dr Abubakar Abdullahi, disclosed this at a press conference on Monday in Kaduna, lamenting that lecturers, including professors, left the institution due to poor conditions of service and non-implementation of the 2025 Federal Government- ASUU Agreement.

Abdullahi said that most of the lecturers who left the institution secured appointments in newer universities within and outside Kaduna State.

Consequently, the Union has issued a two-week ultimatum to the Kaduna State Government and university authorities to implement and domesticate the agreement.

The union warned that failure to act within the period could result in a total and indefinite strike at the university.

Continue Reading

News

Edo House of Assembly Elect New Speaker Idiaye, Hints Why Agbebaku Resign

“Once the leadership is poor, it will drag the work of the governor backwards. So we decided to say no.”

Published

on

By

13 Views

The new Speaker of the Edo House of Assembly, Mr Yekini Idiaye

The Edo House of Assembly has sworn in a newly elected Speaker , Yekini Idiaye, following the resignation of the former speaker, Blessing Agbebaku.

Speaking in an interview after his swearing-in ceremony in Benin, Idiaye pledged the full cooperation of the house to the state executive, describing Governor Monday Okpebholo as a performing leader who deserved legislative backings.

“He is doing a lot for the people of Edo, so we have to cooperate with him to move the state forward,” he added.

Fielding question on the exit of the former speaker, Idiaye cited the challenges of corruption and poor leadership.

Idiaye said: ” There’s corruption here and there. Every now and then it is adjournment — we resume tomorrow, adjournment for another 30 days, 20 days — and we were all not too happy with this leadership style.”

The new speaker pointed out that a weak legislature directly affected the executive, adding that the house had to act to protect the governor’s performance.

“Once the leadership is poor, it will drag the work of the governor backwards. So we decided to say no.”

Continue Reading

News

Defence Headquarters say X Account Compromised

The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.

Published

on

By

13 Views

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has issued a notification to the public, media representatives, and relevant stakeholders regarding the compromise of its official account on X (formerly known as Twitter).

The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.

He said “appropriate technical measures had been activated to secure the account and prevent further unauthorised access.”

Uba assured the public that efforts were ongoing to fully restore control of the account, while advising members of the public to disregard any suspicious, unauthorised or misleading content posted from the account during the period.

Continue Reading

Trending