Connect with us

News

FG Assures Payment of NYSC’s New Allowance and Arrears

The government in September last year announced an  upward review of Corps members’ allowance from N33,000 to N77,000 , aligning with the National Minimum Wage (Amendment) Act 2024

Published

on

555 Views

The Federal Government has assured members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) that the backlog of their newly approved N77,000 monthly allowance will be paid, despite months of delay.

The government also dismissed reports of any disciplinary action against a Corps  member, Ushie Uguamaye, who  criticised President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on social media recently.

 Minister of Youth Development Ayodele Olawande reaffirmed the government’s commitment to fulfilling its promise to Corps members.

Olawande spoke on a national television programme monitored in Lagos.

“The backlog, we will work on it and make sure it is paid. It may not be immediate, but it will happen. You saw the new DG saying that you will get it, and they’re asking him a question

‘What about those that are going out now, are they going to receive it (backlog)?’ He said we have your details,” Olawande declared.

The government in September last year announced an  upward review of Corps members’ allowance from N33,000 to N77,000 , aligning with the National Minimum Wage (Amendment) Act 2024.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

US Nigeria military eliminate more than 20 ISIS/ISWAP fighters in latest airstrike

Terrorists who threaten our citizens, communities and national stability will be located and defeated.

Published

on

By

17 Views

• US President Donald Trump

The United States Africa Command (AFRICOM) said Monday the U.S. and Nigerian forces carried out further strikes on ISIS targets on May 17, 2026 and eliminated more than 20 ISIS/ISWAP fighters in Nigeria’s North-East region.

In a statement posted on its official X handle on Monday, the combatant command said that the latest operation comes three days after had eliminated a senior ISIS commander and one of the world’s most wanted terrorists, Abu Bilal al-Minuki, during an operation conducted on Friday.

The statement reads:“On May 17, 2026, U.S. Africa Command, in coordination with the Government of Nigeria, conducted additional kinetic strikes against ISIS in Northeastern Nigeria.

“Intelligence confirmed the targets were ISIS militants. Complete assessments are ongoing. No U.S. or Nigerian forces were harmed.

“The removal of these terrorists diminishes the group’s capacity to plan attacks that threaten the safety and security of the U.S. and our partners.”

AFRICOM added that it remains committed to deploying specialised U.S. capabilities in support of partner nations to counter shared security threats and degrade terrorist networks operating across the region.

The Director Defence Information (DDI), Maj.-Gen. Samaila Uba, added that the multiple air strikes followed observed convergence and migration of terrorist elements, resulting in the elimination of more than 20 ISIS/ISWAP fighters.

“The Armed Forces of Nigeria will continue to aggressively defend the sovereignty, security and territorial integrity of the nation.

Terrorists who threaten our citizens, communities and national stability will be located and defeated.

“There will be no haven for all terrorists anywhere in Nigeria” the statement said.

Continue Reading

News

JUST IN: Court Grants Nasir El-Rufai N100m Bail Over Alleged National Security Breach

Published

on

23 Views

The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, in the sum of N100 million with one surety in like sum.

Justice Joyce Abdulmalik handed down the ruling on Monday in the case filed by the Department of State Services (DSS), which is prosecuting El-Rufai for alleged breach of national security.

The former governor had publicly admitted on national television to wiretapping the office of the National Security Adviser, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.

While granting the bail application, Justice Abdulmalik imposed stringent conditions for its perfection. The proposed surety must:

  • Reside in either Maitama or Asokoro, Abuja, and deposit the original Certificate of Occupancy of a landed property with the court registry.
  • Be a federal civil servant on Grade Level 17 or above.
  • Submit proof of salary payments for the past three months, supported by an authentication letter from the branch bank manager within the court’s jurisdiction.
  • Swear to an affidavit of means, sign a bail bond, and provide a recent passport photograph.

Additionally, El-Rufai must surrender all his valid passports to the court. The surety is also required to provide a verification letter from his immediate department and a tax clearance certificate for the last six months.

The court further directed El-Rufai to submit a letter of attestation from the Chairman of the Kaduna State Traditional Council.

As part of the bail conditions, the former governor must report to the DSS headquarters on the last Friday of every month by 10 a.m. to sign the attendance register until the determination of the case.

Justice Abdulmalik warned that any violation of these conditions would result in the immediate revocation of the bail. The court also ordered an accelerated hearing of the matter.

Continue Reading

News

Abu-Bilal al-Minuki: Deadly But Harmless Looking – Poison Dart Frog

Positions that used to be dominated by Syrian and Iraqis in the top echelons of the Islamic State leadership are now filled by African veteran jihadists from all over the continent.

Published

on

By

45 Views
  

Abu Bilal al-Mainuki was elevated to the position of head of the Islamic State General Directorate of Provinces, replacing Abdul Qadir Mumin (Somali national) only three months ago in February 2026.

This placed him as the second in charge of the Islamic State global organization right after the Caliph Abu Hafs al-Hashimi.

Positions that used to be dominated by Syrian and Iraqis in the top echelons of the Islamic State leadership are now filled by African veteran jihadists from all over the continent.

Before February 2026, Abu Bilal al-Mainuki was head of the al-Furqan regional office which oversees the Sahelian, Libyan and West African Provinces.

Before that he was second-in-command to Abu Musab al-Barnawi, he was a staunch ally of the latter during the split and war against Shekau’s JAS (Boko Haram) and was a significant pillar in consolidating the gains captured from Shekau following his death and the mass defections from JAS to ISWAP.

Continue Reading

Trending