Connect with us

News

ARISE Staff Tenders Evidence At Election Court

Published

on

193 Views

A staff of ARISE TV and Director of Operations, Lummie Edevbie, has tendered video evidence at the Presidential Election Petition Court at the request of Peter Obi of the Labour Party who is challenging the outcome of the Presidential polls.

The Labour Party had issued a summon on Arise Television to appear and tender a video evidence which is that of INEC Chairman, Mahmoud Yakubu, at the Chatham House, London on January 17, 2023 speaking about the BVAS and how it will be used for the upload of polling unit results in real-time on election day.

The said footage stored on a flash drive was tendered in evidence despite earlier objections by lawyers of INEC, Bola Tinubu and APC.

Meanwhile, Friday June 16 is for cross examination of Mr Edevbie as Labour Party witness.

Earlier in the day’s proceedings at the Presidential Election Petition Court, star witness, a professor of Mathematics at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka was brought by the Labour Party.

Part of the witness statement are data analysis of Presidential Election results of Benue and Rivers State.

Also included in his statement are blurred 18,088 polling unit results of the election.

News

Ogun Orders Temporary Suspension of Lead Ingot Exports, Shuts Seven Plants

Published

on

11 Views

The Ogun State Government has called for an immediate, temporary suspension of lead ingot exportation pending a full investigation into alleged lead contamination in the Ogijo area of Sagamu Local Government.

This position followed an on-the-spot inspection in Ogijo after a viral video raised concerns about possible lead poisoning in the community. The Commissioner for Environment, Ola Oresanya, led a combined team of experts from the Ministries of Environment and Health, the Ogun State Environmental Protection Agency (OGEPA), and the National Environmental Standards and Regulations Enforcement Agency (NESREA).

During the visit, the government ordered the closure of seven industries involved in Used Lead-Acid Battery recycling within the Ogijo axis.

Oresanya assured residents that there is no cause for panic, noting that the state will immediately commence a comprehensive Health and Process Audit of the affected facilities. This will include testing for lead levels in humans, soil, air, and water sources across the industrial community.

He added that the government will make the findings public once the investigation is completed, while also reviewing the methodology used in the earlier test results circulated in the media.

Continue Reading

News

Insecurity: Lagos Will Remain Peaceful, says Sanwo-Olu

At the routine meeting, which was chaired by Mr Sanwo-Olu, were the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 9 Brigade, Brig.-Gen. A.O. Owolabi, Group Capt. M.A. Imam, Commander 651 BSG, Nigerian Air Force, Commander NNS Beecroft Naval Base, Apapa, Commodore PP Nimmyel, Commissioner of Police Olohundare Moshood, representative of the Department State Services Director, A.B. Alade…

Published

on

By

36 Views

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu assures that the State will remain peaceful for residents and all visitors amidst the insecurity across the nation.

Sanwo- Olu gave the assurance on Thursday during a meeting of the Security Council.

In a statement, Gbenga Omotoso HC (Information & Strategy, disclosed that the state’s security Council, which comprises heads of Security agencies in the state, met at the State House, Marina.

At the routine meeting, which was chaired by Mr Sanwo-Olu, were the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 9 Brigade, Brig.-Gen. A.O. Owolabi, Group Capt. M.A. Imam, Commander 651 BSG, Nigerian Air Force, Commander NNS Beecroft Naval Base, Apapa, Commodore PP Nimmyel, Commissioner of Police Olohundare Moshood, representative of the Department State Services Director, A.B. Alade, Secretary to the State Government Barr. Abimbola Salu-Hundeyin, Chief of Staff to the Governor Tayo Ayinde, Chief Security Officer to the Governor CSP Fagbemi Adekunle, and Lagos State Security Trust Fund (LSSTF) Executive Secretary Ayo Ogunsan.

After being briefed by the security chiefs, Governor Sanwo- Olu expressed satisfaction with their reports and assured all Lagosians and visitors that the Yuletide will truly be a season of goodwill.

Continue Reading

News

Police, PSC set up committee to recruit 30,000 new officers

The primary mandate of the Joint Ad-hoc Committee is to collaborate and brainstorm on creating a seamless, transparent, and efficient recruitment process.

Published

on

By

62 Views

• Police IGP, Kayode Egbetokun

The Police Service Commission (PSC) and the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) have set up a high-powered joint Ad-hoc Committee to drive the immediate commencement of the recruitment of 30,000 new officers.

The PSC disclosed this in a statement on Thursday, following the inauguration of the Ad-hoc Committee on Wednesday, 26th November, 2025 by the Chairman, Police Service Commission DIG Hashimu Salihu Argungu (rtd) at the Police Service Commission Corporate Headquarters, Jabi, Abuja.

The establishment of the committee followed the presidential directive to bolster the numerical strength of the NPF and enhance national security.

The primary mandate of the Joint Ad-hoc Committee is to collaborate and brainstorm on creating a seamless, transparent, and efficient recruitment process.

It added that the committee will work to ensure the exercise is conducted with the highest standards of integrity and merit.

Continue Reading

Trending