Connect with us

Entertainment

Lagos: Mohbad’s Father Appeals DPP’s Legal Stance

Published

on

190 Views

Mr Joseph Aloba, father of the late singer, Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, aka Mohbad, has filed a notice of appeal against the Lagos High Court ruling which upheld the legal advice that cleared music executive, Azeez Fashola, aka Naira Marley, and show promoter, Balogun Eletu, popularly known as Sam Larry, of any wrongdoing in his son’s controversial death.

The appeal, filed at the Court of Appeal, Lagos Division, seeks to overturn the July 2, 2025, decision delivered by Justice D.T. Olatokun.

Through his legal team led by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Wahab Shittu, and Don Akaegbu, Aloba is challenging the Director of Public Prosecutions’ legal advice, which he argued was used to absolve key suspects in the late singer’s death.

In the appeal document on Tuesday, Aloba contended that the trial court erred by holding that the Attorney-General’s prosecutorial powers under Section 211(1) of the 1999 Constitution are absolute and not subject to judicial review.

He argued that such powers must be exercised in line with public interest, justice, and due process, and not used to shield any individual from prosecution.

Citing the Supreme Court case of Elias v. Arkas (2018) 10 NWLR (Pt 1626) Pg 37, the appellant contended that “such power was not beyond judicial scrutiny, especially when it appears contrary to the public interest, interest of justice, or amounts to abuse of legal process.”

He however urged the court “to allow the appeal and set aside the lower court’s ruling and issue an order of certiorari to quash the legal advice issued by the DPP with Reference No. LJP/HOM/2023/170 concerning Mohbad’s death.”

The Attorney-General of Lagos State, Lawal Pedro SAN, and the Director of Public Prosecutions were listed as respondents in the case.In an ex parte motion earlier filed before the Lagos High Court, Aloba argued that the coroner’s inquest, initiated on September 29, 2023, had not concluded its probe into Mohbad’s demise before the DPP’s actions were taken.

He further disclosed that key individuals who had been summoned by the Coroner’s Court and mentioned during the inquest were released prematurely and had yet to appear to clarify their roles in the case.

He added that the police and DPP allegedly acted without notifying the coroner, thereby obstructing the inquest’s statutory duties.

Entertainment

Bauchi Hisbah prohibits DJs, women from attending male social gatherings

“The Fulani traditional activity known as Sharo or Shadi and Garaya is prohibited. Cultural traditional activities known as Kauyawa day, DJ, Gala, Aloba, etc, are prohibited.”

Published

on

By

48 Views

• Islamic police/ Fb

The Hisbah Command of the Bauchi State Shariah Commission has issued strict guidelines regulating social gatherings in the state, further ordering adherence to the guidelines.

In a statement issued by the Permanent Commissioner Hisbah, Barrister Aminu Balarabe Isah, dated July 16, 2025, and titled “Guidelines Governing the Conduct of Marriage Ceremonies and other Festivals in Bauchi State”, the command said that there have been complaints from the general public on the increase of social vices and the breach of public peace during marriage ceremonies and birthdays.

Hisbah prohibits DJ, women from attending male social gatherings in Bauchi By : Rauf Oyewole, Bauchi Date: 27 Aug 2025Share :Hisbah[FILES] HisbahThe Hisbah Command of the Bauchi State Sharia’h Commission has issued strict guidelines regulating social gatherings in the state, further ordering adherence to the guidelines.In a statement issued by the Permanent Commissioner Hisbah, Barrister Aminu Balarabe Isah, dated July 16, 2025, and titled “Guidelines Governing the Conduct of Marriage Ceremonies and other Festivals in Bauchi State”, the command said that there have been complaints from the general public on the increase of social vices and the breach of public peace during marriage ceremonies and birthdays.

The statement said that Hisbah Command “is left with no option but to set the following guidelines: Mixing up the opposite sex is highly prohibited.

Dancing with the opposite sex amidst infants and children is highly prohibited.“Buying and selling of toxicants of any kind and their consumption are highly prohibited.

A person in possession of weapon(s) (of any nature) should not be granted entrance.“Seating arrangement has to be in accordance with gender considerations.

Any act capable of inciting the general public is prohibited.

“All activities must be suspended during the stipulated prayer times.

Traditional dressing code should be adhered to. Using blasphemy or abusive language against an individual or constituted authority is prohibited.

“All activities organised by females should only be patronised by females and vice versa.

“The Fulani traditional activity known as Sharo or Shadi and Garaya is prohibited. Cultural traditional activities known as Kauyawa day, DJ, Gala, Aloba, etc, are prohibited.”

The command also prohibited gambling of any nature, saying prostitution in all its ramifications and other immoral acts are equally prohibited in all centres, clubs, hotels, houses and recreational centres.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Tiwa Savage’s launching ‘This One Is Personal’ new album

Savage, who has stayed away from releasing a full studio album since 2020, said the project reflects her personal journey over the past five years, balancing career transitions, motherhood, and self-discovery.

Published

on

By

49 Views

•Tiwa Savage

Nigerian music superstar, Tiwa Savage, is set to launch her new album, ‘This One Is Personal’, on August 29.

Savage disclosed on her X account that the 13-track album explores the themes of pain, growth, and resilience, with a deeply intimate Afrobeats sound.

This One Is Personal’ marks her first full-length project since 2020’s Celia, ending a five-year break from major releases.

Recorded across Nashville, London, and Lagos, the project features minimal collaborations, including UK rapper Skepta and rising star Taves.

“This album is my story, so I kept the features limited.“I wanted you all to feel me in every song. The few features I chose were very intentional, with people who understood the vision and could add to the message without taking away from its intimacy. It’s less about numbers and more about connection,” Savage shared in a fan Q&A on X.

Savage, who has stayed away from releasing a full studio album since 2020, said the project reflects her personal journey over the past five years, balancing career transitions, motherhood, and self-discovery.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Fans of Seyi Vibez die in fatal accident after Lagos concert (Video)

Published

on

106 Views

The young lady who was flunged into the Lagos Lagoon after the fatal accident that occurred on 3rd Mainland Bridge on Sunday night has been buried according to Islamic right.

Ohibaba.com recalls that some fans of Nigerian singer, Seyi Vibez reportedly lost their lives in the fatal accident.

The victims were said to have passed away while returning from the Seyi Vibez concert on Saturday night at Lagos Island.

Sharing the devastating news, an eyewitness, @alli_ya7 posted the video of the incident on X.

While advising the public against reckless driving, she revealed that the victims had engaged in a car race on expressway.

She wrote: “They left the show and started racing on the express, trying to overtake other cars.

Why race on the highway? May their souls rest in peace. SPEED KILLS.

”The fatal incident, which involved more than four vehicles, sparked outrage and grief online.

Meanwhile, five others who died in the crashes were laid to rest at Marikaz Cemetery, Agege, on Monday morning.

Watch the video below:

Continue Reading

Trending