Connect with us

News

JUST IN: Presidential Election Petition Court Consolidates 3 Surviving Petitions Against Tinubu

Published

on

284 Views

The consolidation of the three surviving petitions before the Presidential Election Petition Court has been ordered for speedy hearing and determination of cases challenging the outcome of the Presidential Election, as contained in the pre-hearing report read by the Court, marking the official end of the pre-hearing session, with 30 May now set for the start of actual hearing.

The Presidential Election Petition Court has given three weeks to the Labour Party Presidential candidate, Peter Obi, to prove his case against the outcome of the Presidential Election, this will span from 30th May to 23 June, 2023.

According to the Court, the consolidation of the the petitions of Allied People’s Movement (APM), Peter Obi of the Labour Party and Atiku Abubakar of the PDP is in the interest of justice and as provided in paragraph 50 of the first schedule of the Electoral Act.

In order to ensure speedy hearing of the petition, there will be no oral examination of witnesses, as what will be required is the adoption of witness statements. For star (or expert) witness, 30 minutes shall be used for evidence in chief while 20 minutes will be for cross examination, and five minutes for re-examination.

The Presidential Election Petition Court also scheduled August 5 for for counsels of all parties in the Obi petition to adopt their addresses indicating an end of hearing, awaiting judgment.

According to the schedule, the Presidential Election Petition Court is expected to hold proceedings from Monday to Saturday each week until completion of hearing of the petition.

News

Navy’s Chief of Operations, Rear Admiral Katagum dies in Egypt

Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.

Published

on

By

10 Views

Photo: Rear Admiral Musa Katagun

Chief of Operations at Naval headquarters, Rear Admiral Musa Katagun is dead at a hospital in Egypt.

News of Rear Admiral Katagun’s death was confirmed by military sources on Thursday.

Katagum is said to have traveled to Egypt for follow up medical evaluation after undergoing an initial surgery in September last year.

Rear Admiral Katagum previously served as the Director, Naval Intelligence., he’s one time Deputy Defence Adviser, Paris, France and was at the Defence Headquarters before his recent appointment as Chief of Operations by the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abass.

Continue Reading

News

Ondo monarch gunned down outside palace

The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.

Published

on

By

28 Views

•Kehinde Jacob Faledon

Kehinde Jacob Faledon, the traditional ruler of Agamo Community in Akure North Local Government Area of Ondo State, has been shot dead.

Police Public Relations Officer in Ondo, Jimoh Abayomi, confirmed the incident, said that the monarch was killed after gunmen forced him out of the palace, on Wednesday night.

The armed men were said to have attempted to kidnap him but he refused, resulting to being shot.

“Information reached the division at about 7:50pm from a community leader, High Chief Ajewole Clement of New Town, Itaogbolu, that about six armed men stormed the residence of the monarch and forcibly took him away,” Abayomi said.

“The victim was subsequently found with gunshot injuries and was confirmed dead at the scene.

“The divisional police officer supported by tactical teams of the command, mobilised officers in collaboration with local hunters, Atuluse Security, and Amotekun operatives are combing the surrounding bushes and neighbouring communities.

Continue Reading

News

British Royal House Confers on Wale Edun “Commander of the Royal Victorian Order”

Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.

Published

on

By

18 Views

The British Royal House has conferred the honour of Commander of the Royal Victorian Order on Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister of the Economy, Wale Edun.

The investiture at Windsor Castle carried a ceremony and symbolism.

Acting on behalf of King Charles, Princess Catherine conferred the honour in recognition of distinguished personal service to the Crown.

The award places Edun among a select group of global achievers whose public contributions transcend borders.

The ceremony also recognised Lydia Tischler, a Holocaust survivor and child psychotherapist; Rhys McClenaghan for services to gymnastics; and John Whiston for services to broadcasting and television.

Edun’s recognition resonated far beyond the grandeur of Windsor, highlighting the growing international regard for Nigeria’s reform leadership.

A former trustee of the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, Edun’s career has long combined global engagement with institution-building.

Those same principles underpin his stewardship of Nigeria’s economy, where confidence, discipline, and consistency have become the defining themes of reform.

Since assuming office, Nigeria has begun to reverse years of macroeconomic fragility.

Continue Reading

Trending