Connect with us

Sports

Real Madrid’s Camavinga to treat groin injury for three months

Reports also suggest Camavinga might miss the Club World Cup in the United States this summer, with estimates putting his recovery time at around three months.

Published

on

374 Views

Real Madrid midfielder Eduardo Camavinga will miss the remainder of the season after being diagnosed with a groin injury, the club announced on Thursday.

The French international picked up the injury during Real Madrid’s 1-0 win over Getafe in La Liga on Wednesday.

“Following tests carried out today on our player Eduardo Camavinga by the Real Madrid medical services, he has been diagnosed with a complete rupture of the left adductor tendon,” said Madrid in a statement.

According to Spanish media, Camavinga is expected to miss Saturday’s Copa del Rey final against rivals Barcelona, along with Madrid’s final five league matches as they attempt to close the gap on the Catalan leaders.

Reports also suggest Camavinga might miss the Club World Cup in the United States this summer, with estimates putting his recovery time at around three months.

The 22-year-old has struggled to find consistent form this season, despite playing a key role in Real Madrid’s La Liga and Champions League triumphs last year.

AFP

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Mexico invests in robotic dogs for 2026 World Cup

The 2026 FIFA World Cup will run from June 11 to July 19 across Mexico, the United States, and Canada, with Monterrey among the host cities.

Published

on

By

45 Views

Photo: Robotic dogs

Mexican authorities have introduced robotic dogs to support police operations during the 2026 FIFA World Cup, highlighting the growing convergence of football, technology, and security investment.

The local council in Guadalupe, part of the Monterrey metropolitan area, invested approximately $145,000 in the robotic units as part of its World Cup security preparations.

The 2026 FIFA World Cup will run from June 11 to July 19 across Mexico, the United States, and Canada, with Monterrey among the host cities.

A demonstration video released by the municipality shows one of the robots navigating an abandoned building, climbing stairs and transmitting live footage to officers positioned behind it

In a simulated scenario, the robot confronted an armed suspect and issued instructions via loudspeaker for him to drop his weapon.

Continue Reading

Sports

2026 Lagos City Marathon on Saturday

The 42-kilometre race will commence at Ahmadu Bello Way by MRS Filling Station and proceed through the entire Coastal Road, which serves as the finishing point.

Published

on

By

46 Views

The Lagos State Government has announced traffic diversion plan ahead of the 2026 Lagos City Marathon scheduled for Saturday, February 14.

The government said that the diversion became necessary to ensure smooth conduct of the annual sporting event and to minimise disruption to movement across major routes in the state.

In a statement issued by the Commissioner for Transportation, Oluwaseun Osiyemi, said the marathon will feature two races, 42 kilometres and 10 kilometres, which will run simultaneously across designated routes.

He explained that the 42-kilometre race will commence at Ahmadu Bello Way by MRS Filling Station and proceed through the entire Coastal Road, which serves as the finishing point.

He added that the 10-kilometre race will begin at Durosimi Etti in Lekki Phase 1, passing through Ozumba Mbadiwe, Bishop Oluwole, Akin Adesola and terminate at Sanusi Fafunwa.

Continue Reading

Sports

Tottenham sacks manager Thomas Frank

Tottenham fans booed Frank and chanted for his sacking during Tuesday’s 2-1 defeat to Newcastle.

Published

on

By

55 Views

•Thomas Frank

Tottenham has sacked the Men’s Head Coach, Thomas Frank.

Tottenham fans booed Frank and chanted for his sacking during Tuesday’s 2-1 defeat to Newcastle.

“Thomas Frank was appointed in June 2025, and we have been determined to give him the time and support needed to build for the future together,” said the Club via a statement on Wednesday.

The statement reads: “The Club has taken the decision to make a change in position and Thomas Frank will leave today. However, results and performances have led the Board to conclude that a change at this point in the season is necessary.“

Throughout his time at the Club, Thomas has conducted himself with unwavering commitment, giving everything in his efforts to move the Club forward.

We would like to thank him for his contribution and wish him every success in the future.”

Frank left Brentford in June to replace Ange Postecoglou after the Australian was sacked despite winning the Europa League.

Continue Reading

Trending