Connect with us

News

Lagos shuts construction site, issues warning over illegal structures

Published

on

105 Views

The Lagos State Building Control Agency (LASBCA) has sealed a construction site and issued a 72-hour ultimatum to another property within the Lekki–Ikoyi corridor for engaging in unauthorised development.

In a statement released on X (formerly Twitter), the agency said its officials sealed a building under construction at Femi Okunnu Road, Alexander Avenue, after the developers failed to obtain the necessary building permits.

LASBCA stressed that strict adherence to building regulations remains essential to curb the rise of illegal structures and ensure safety and orderly urban development across Lagos.

The agency also issued a 72-hour ultimatum to QMB Mart to dismantle all illegal structures erected on Coastal Road and under the powerline.

According to the Special Adviser to the Governor on E-GIS and Urban Development, Dr. Olajide Abiodun, the space in question was originally designated as a parking lot but had been converted into a commercial complex without proper approvals.

“The occupants allegedly turned the area into a commercial hub, erecting a laundromat, clubhouse, and eatery without authorisation,” Abiodun said. “Development in Lagos must follow due process. Any structure built without approval or any change in the use of government-allocated spaces without consent is illegal. We are committed to upholding the state’s master plan.”

The General Manager of LASBCA, Gbaye Florence, reaffirmed the agency’s commitment to sustained monitoring and enforcement across all development zones.

“Our duty is to ensure that all buildings in Lagos meet safety and regulatory standards,” she stated. “Anyone who erects structures without approval will be identified, marked, and subjected to necessary enforcement actions.”

LASBCA added that the ongoing enforcement drive will continue across the state as part of efforts to eliminate illegal constructions and promote a safer, well-planned Lagos.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Insecurity: Lagos Will Remain Peaceful, says Sanwo-Olu

At the routine meeting, which was chaired by Mr Sanwo-Olu, were the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 9 Brigade, Brig.-Gen. A.O. Owolabi, Group Capt. M.A. Imam, Commander 651 BSG, Nigerian Air Force, Commander NNS Beecroft Naval Base, Apapa, Commodore PP Nimmyel, Commissioner of Police Olohundare Moshood, representative of the Department State Services Director, A.B. Alade…

Published

on

By

32 Views

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu assures that the State will remain peaceful for residents and all visitors amidst the insecurity across the nation.

Sanwo- Olu gave the assurance on Thursday during a meeting of the Security Council.

In a statement, Gbenga Omotoso HC (Information & Strategy, disclosed that the state’s security Council, which comprises heads of Security agencies in the state, met at the State House, Marina.

At the routine meeting, which was chaired by Mr Sanwo-Olu, were the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 9 Brigade, Brig.-Gen. A.O. Owolabi, Group Capt. M.A. Imam, Commander 651 BSG, Nigerian Air Force, Commander NNS Beecroft Naval Base, Apapa, Commodore PP Nimmyel, Commissioner of Police Olohundare Moshood, representative of the Department State Services Director, A.B. Alade, Secretary to the State Government Barr. Abimbola Salu-Hundeyin, Chief of Staff to the Governor Tayo Ayinde, Chief Security Officer to the Governor CSP Fagbemi Adekunle, and Lagos State Security Trust Fund (LSSTF) Executive Secretary Ayo Ogunsan.

After being briefed by the security chiefs, Governor Sanwo- Olu expressed satisfaction with their reports and assured all Lagosians and visitors that the Yuletide will truly be a season of goodwill.

Continue Reading

News

Police, PSC set up committee to recruit 30,000 new officers

The primary mandate of the Joint Ad-hoc Committee is to collaborate and brainstorm on creating a seamless, transparent, and efficient recruitment process.

Published

on

By

58 Views

• Police IGP, Kayode Egbetokun

The Police Service Commission (PSC) and the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) have set up a high-powered joint Ad-hoc Committee to drive the immediate commencement of the recruitment of 30,000 new officers.

The PSC disclosed this in a statement on Thursday, following the inauguration of the Ad-hoc Committee on Wednesday, 26th November, 2025 by the Chairman, Police Service Commission DIG Hashimu Salihu Argungu (rtd) at the Police Service Commission Corporate Headquarters, Jabi, Abuja.

The establishment of the committee followed the presidential directive to bolster the numerical strength of the NPF and enhance national security.

The primary mandate of the Joint Ad-hoc Committee is to collaborate and brainstorm on creating a seamless, transparent, and efficient recruitment process.

It added that the committee will work to ensure the exercise is conducted with the highest standards of integrity and merit.

Continue Reading

News

US-Nigeria Security Joint Working Group (Full List)

Members of the Joint Working Group include the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Amb. Yusuf Maitama Tuggar, Minister of Defence, Mohammed Badaru Abubakar, Minister of Interior, Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Dr Bernard M. Doro, Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency, Amb. Mohammed Mohammed and the Inspector General of the Nigeria Police Force, Mr Kayode Egbetokun.

Published

on

By

34 Views

President Bola Tinubu has approved the composition of the Nigerian side of the US-Nigeria Joint Working Group as part of steps to deepen collaboration in tackling security challenges in the country.

The composition of the Joint Working Group was part of the agreement reached during the recent trip to Washington, DC, by a high-level Nigerian delegation led by the National Security Adviser, Nuhu Ribadu.

Ribadu is to lead the Nigerian side of the Joint Working Group, supported by a multi-stakeholder team comprising senior officials from relevant government establishments.

Members of the Joint Working Group include the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Amb. Yusuf Maitama Tuggar, Minister of Defence, Mohammed Badaru Abubakar, Minister of Interior, Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Dr Bernard M. Doro, Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Olufemi Oluyede, Director-General of the National Intelligence Agency, Amb. Mohammed Mohammed and the Inspector General of the Nigeria Police Force, Mr Kayode Egbetokun.

Ms Idayat Hassan of the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA) and Mr Paul Alabi of the Embassy of Nigeria in the US will serve as the secretariat.

President Tinubu has urged members of the Joint Working Group to work assiduously with their US counterparts to ensure smooth operationalisation of all agreements across sectors.

Bayo OnanugaSpecial Adviser to the President(Information and Strategy)November 27, 2025

Continue Reading

Trending