Connect with us

News

JUST IN: PSC threatens to kick out drug addicts in the system

Published

on

649 Views

The Police Service Commission has vowed to flush out drug addicts in the Nigeria Police Force and has extended an invitation to the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency to assist the Commission achieve this noble objective.

In a statement on Tuesday, Ikechukwu Ani, Head, Press and Public Relations said the PSC chairman made the vow during a visit to the Corporate Headquarters of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency where it formally met with the Agency’s Chairman and Chief Executive and his Management team.

It said the Chairman of the Commission, DIG Hashimu Argungu, used the occasion to invite the Agency to join the Commission in all the processes of screening prospective Nigerians who are desirous of joining the Nigeria Police Force.

DIG Argungu, who was received by Brigadier General Buba Marwa, Chairman of the Agency, said there was need for a functional partnership between the Commission and the Agency in the fight to eradicate drug abuse in the Nigeria Police.

He commended the Agency for the assistance in screening intakes of the Police Academy, Wudil Kano which he said has drastically reduced the incidences of drug addiction by students of the Academy.

The PSC Chairman said there was need to upscale this assistance to cover the Recruitment processes in the Nigeria Police Force.

“We want you to help us fish out the drug addicts who obviously should not be allowed to get into and corrupt the system. We want to get it right and get the Police to work “.

DIG Argungu said it was dangerous to give fire arms to drug addicts and vowed that the Commission is poised to flush out such Officers in the Police Force.

The Chairman commended his host for his track record of excellence in the service of the nation.General Marwa, in his response, congratulated the Chairman on his deserved appointment and prayed for his success.

He pledged the Agency’s commitment to assist the Commission sanitize Police Recruitment.” We will try our best to bring the menace to an end, but it requires intelligence, sharing intelligence, training” he noted.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Defence Headquarters say X Account Compromised

The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.

Published

on

By

4 Views

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has issued a notification to the public, media representatives, and relevant stakeholders regarding the compromise of its official account on X (formerly known as Twitter).

The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.

He said “appropriate technical measures had been activated to secure the account and prevent further unauthorised access.”

Uba assured the public that efforts were ongoing to fully restore control of the account, while advising members of the public to disregard any suspicious, unauthorised or misleading content posted from the account during the period.

Continue Reading

News

Edo Assembly Speaker Agbebaku Resigns Amid Impeachment Plot (Video)

Published

on

8 Views

The Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Blessing Agbebaku, has resigned following moves by some lawmakers to impeach him.

Agbebaku said his decision came after extensive consultations with his constituency and party leaders.

In related developments, other principal officers of the House, including the Majority Leader and his deputy, have been suspended.

Agbebaku had served as Speaker for six years, having assumed the position during the tenure of former Governor Godwin Obaseki. He defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC) after the 2024 Edo governorship election.

Yekini Idiaye has emerged as the new Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly.

Watch video below:

Continue Reading

News

NMMA shortlist 972 entries for 2026 awards

NMMA was founded by a former Chairman of Daily Times, the late Alhaji Babatunde Jose, who led the organisation for 10 years.

Published

on

By

44 Views

The Nigerian Media Merit Award (NMMA) said that it has shortlisted 972 of 1,112 entries for this year’s awards.

The Chairman of the NMMA Panel of Assessors, Otunba Dele Adetiba, said that the entries for the 34th edition cut across print, radio, and television categories.

Chairman of the NMMA Board of Trustees, Prof. Dayo Duyile, said that the award was established in 1990 to promote professionalism, ethical journalism and excellence among media practitioners.

Duyile, a veteran journalist and academic, said the NMMA was founded by a former Chairman of Daily Times, the late Alhaji Babatunde Jose, who led the organisation for 10 years.

Continue Reading

Trending