Connect with us

Crime

JUST IN: IDF eliminates terrorist behind January West Bank shooting ​

Published

on

313 Views

Israeli security forces on Wednesday morning killed Muhammad Zakarna, a member of the Palestinian Islamic Jihad, during a counterterrorism operation near Jenin.

Zakarna was identified as one of the terrorists involved in the deadly shooting attack in the West Bank village of al-Funduq in January.

According to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), Zakarna, a resident of Qabatiya, was among three gunmen who opened fire on civilians in al-Funduq on January 6, killing Master Sgt. Elad Yaakov Winkelstein, an off-duty Israeli police officer, and civilians Rachel Cohen and Aliza Raiz.

The IDF said Zakarna was located in a cave near the village of Misilyah following intelligence provided by the Shin Bet security agency.

During the attempted arrest by Yamam, the Israel Police’s elite counterterrorism unit, and IDF troops, a gun battle broke out between the forces and the suspects.

The military said the forces used shoulder-launched missiles during the exchange.

Zakarna and another Islamic Jihad member, Marooh Hazima, also from Qabatiya, were killed.

Hazima had previously been released from Israeli prison in the November 2023 ceasefire-hostage deal with Hamas and had since resumed terrorist activity, the IDF said.

A number of weapons and military gear were recovered from the scene. Several accomplices were also detained and found to be in possession of handguns.

The IDF confirmed that the other two terrorists behind the al-Funduq attack, Qutaiba al-Shalabi and Mohammed Nazal, both affiliated with Hamas — were previously killed in an Israeli operation in Qabatiya on January 23.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Crime

Mexican Military Kills Jalisco Cartel Leader ‘El Mencho’ in Major Blow to Drug Trafficking

Published

on

2 Views

Mexican defense officials announced on Sunday that Nemesio Rubén Oseguera Cervantes, alias “El Mencho,” the founder and longtime leader of the powerful Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG), was killed during a military operation.

Oseguera, widely regarded as Mexico’s most wanted drug kingpin and one of the highest-profile fugitives in the country, had evaded capture for more than a decade despite a multi-million-dollar bounty from both Mexican and U.S. authorities.

The CJNG, under his command, rose to become one of Mexico’s most violent and expansive criminal organizations, responsible for trafficking massive quantities of fentanyl, methamphetamine, cocaine, and heroin into the United States. The cartel has been linked to thousands of homicides, territorial wars with rival groups, and high-profile attacks on security forces.

The operation marks a significant victory for Mexico’s armed forces and comes amid intensifying pressure from U.S. President Donald Trump, who has repeatedly demanded stronger action from Mexico against drug cartels fueling the American opioid crisis.

Mexican officials described the killing as the result of targeted intelligence and a swift military engagement, though specific details of the location, circumstances, and any casualties among security personnel were not immediately released.

The death of El Mencho is expected to trigger intense power struggles within the CJNG and could reshape the dynamics of Mexico’s organized crime landscape.

U.S. officials have long listed Oseguera as a top-priority target, with the DEA offering up to $10 million for information leading to his capture or conviction. His elimination is likely to be welcomed in Washington as a concrete step in bilateral efforts to dismantle transnational drug networks.

Continue Reading

Crime

EFCC Nabs 20 in Vote-Buying Crackdown During FCT Council Polls

Published

on

6 Views

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) arrested 20 individuals on Saturday for alleged involvement in vote-buying, vote-selling, and related electoral offences during the Federal Capital Territory Area Council elections.

Operatives recovered a total of ₦17,218,700 in suspected proceeds from the malpractices, with the largest single seizure being ₦13,500,000 found in a vehicle parked near a polling unit in Kwali Area Council.

The arrests were spread across several councils: nine in Gwagwalada, four in Kuje, four in Kwali (including the major cash haul), and two in Abaji.EFCC spokesperson Dele Oyewale said the commission had deployed teams to all six area councils to monitor the process and prevent financial inducements and other irregularities that undermine electoral integrity.

“Investigations are ongoing and the suspects will be arraigned in court as soon as inquiries are concluded,” Oyewale stated.

The elections, overseen by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), were generally peaceful. The All Progressives Congress (APC) clinched five of the six chairmanship positions, while the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) won one.

Continue Reading

Crime

Secret Service Kills Armed Intruder at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Residence

Published

on

10 Views

Early Sunday morning, U.S. Secret Service agents, along with a Palm Beach County sheriff’s deputy, shot and killed an armed man who unlawfully breached the secure perimeter of Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump’s private resort and residence in Palm Beach, Florida.

The incident occurred around 1:30 a.m. local time near the property’s north gate. Authorities reported that the suspect, identified as Austin Tucker Martin, 21, of Cameron, North Carolina, was observed carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can (also described as a gas can).

According to the U.S. Secret Service and Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw, the man was confronted by law enforcement officers after entering the restricted area. He was ordered to drop the items. Reports indicate he complied by setting down the fuel can but then raised the shotgun into a shooting position, prompting the agents and deputy to open fire. The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

No law enforcement personnel were injured in the encounter. President Trump was not present at Mar-a-Lago during the incident—he was in Washington, D.C., where he attended the White House Governors Dinner on Saturday evening and remained overnight.

The Secret Service described the event as the suspect “unlawfully entering the secure perimeter,” with spokesman Anthony Guglielmi confirming on social media that the man was neutralized after the breach. The FBI is involved in the ongoing investigation, which includes examining the suspect’s background, motive, and any potential connections to broader threats.

This marks the latest security incident involving Trump’s properties, following previous assassination attempts and threats against the president. Officials have emphasized that the quick response by protective details prevented any further escalation.

The investigation remains active, with authorities dedicating resources to determine the full circumstances surrounding the breach. No additional details on the suspect’s intentions have been released at this time.

Continue Reading

Trending