News
JUST IN: Four rescued in Abuja collapsed building

Four persons have been rescued from the rubble of a collapsed two-storey building located beside Cupid Hotel, Sultan Dansuki Road, Phase 2, Site 2, Kubwa, Bwari Area Council.The FCT Emergency Management Department (FEMD) confirmed the incident occurred around 6:45am.
Two of the rescued victims, FEMD said have been taken to the Kubwa General hospital.
Efforts are on going to search for any other person that may be trapped in the collapsed building.
The FCT Emergency Management Department, National Emergency Management Agency, FCT Fire Service, Federal Road Safety Corps, the Civil Defense Corps, and the Nigeria Police are on the ground at the incident scene.
The collapsed building, according to a statement by Head Public Affairs, FEMD Nkechi Isa contained 45 self-contained rooms.
It was previously used as a hotel before it was converted for residential purposes.
Efforts are on going to search for any other person that may be trapped in the collapsed building.
The FCT Emergency Management Department, National Emergency Management Agency, FCT Fire Service, Federal Road Safety Corps, the Civil Defense Corps, and the Nigeria Police are on the ground at the incident scene.
The Ag Director General of FEMD, Mrs Florence Dawon Wenegieme who is at the incident scene said search and rescue efforts were ongoing until the last person is removed: “if at all there is still someone trapped in the rubble”.Wenegieme appealed to developers to follow strictly the building code and avoid the use of substandard materials.
News
BREAKING: Minister of works opens rehabilitated Independence bridge, Lagos, after major palliative works

…. Says, Lagosians are to kindly use the bride from today, 4th April 2025.
The Minister of Works, Sen. Dave Umahi, has re-opened the Independence Bridge (Ahmadu Bello Way-Marina bound) to vehicular traffic.
The government had announced the closure of the bridge starting from April 1 for essential maintenance and rehabilitation works.
It was to remain closed until May.
However, Umahi urged Lagosians to kindly use the bride from today, 4th April 2025.
He said that palliative works were underway to ensure that the bridge would be motorable.
News
High court dismisses Kwankwaso faction’s suit challenging NNPP leadership

A High Court in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, has rejected a lawsuit filed by a faction aligned with Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, which sought to challenge the leadership of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) under Chief Dr. Boniface Aniebonam and National Chairman Dr. Agbo Major.
The lawsuit, initiated by Dr. Ahmed Ajuji and 20 other individuals, aimed to invalidate the authority of the NNPP’s Board of Trustees (BoT) and its executive leadership, including Barr. Tony Christopher Obioha, National Secretary Comrade Oginni Olaposi, and Deputy National Chairman Chief Felix Chukwurah.
The plaintiffs requested that the court prevent these leaders from holding meetings, organizing congresses, or overseeing the party’s National Convention, asserting that they had been expelled from the party.
However, Justice M.A. Hassan ruled that the court lacked jurisdiction to hear the case, emphasizing that internal matters such as party leadership and membership fall outside the court’s purview.
“The law, as affirmed by both the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court, is clear: courts do not intervene in internal political party matters, except when it concerns the nomination of election candidates,” Justice Hassan stated.
This ruling follows a similar decision from the Abia State High Court (Suit No.: HUZ/11/2024) on November 1, 2024, which had reaffirmed the legitimacy of the NNPP’s Board of Trustees led by Dr. Boniface Aniebonam and upheld the validity of the party’s congresses and National Convention.
Defendants’ counsel, Segun Fiki Esq., praised the judgment, calling the case an attempt to manipulate the party’s leadership through the legal system.
“The court’s decision is clear—this is a matter outside its jurisdiction.
The NNPP’s legitimate leadership has been affirmed, and we now expect the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to recognize and cooperate with the duly elected officials of the party,” Fiki said.
News
We’re working on new 2025 budget for Rivers – Sole Administrator Ibas

The Sole Administrator of Rivers State, Retired Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ibas, has announced that a 2025 budget is being prepared to enhance healthcare delivery, education, agriculture, and infrastructure.
Speaking on Thursday at the Government House in Port Harcourt, while receiving a delegation of the Rivers State caucus at the National Assembly, Ibas stated that the anticipated budget would also focus on creating more employment opportunities for the people of Rivers State and advancing technological development in critical areas of public life.
The delegation was led by Senator Barinada Mpigi, representing Rivers South-East District.
Other members included Senator Allwell Onyesoh and the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, Hon. Kingsley Chinda.
The rest are honourables Dumnamene Dekor, Solomon Bob, Cyril Godwin Hart, Blessing Amadi, Felix Nwaeke, Kelechi Nwogu, and Victor Obuzor.
The sole administrator emphasised that since assuming office, he has remained committed to restoring law and order in Rivers State, with the support of security agencies.
Ibas reiterated his administration’s commitment to making Rivers State a model of peace among states, with a stable economy and an environment where citizens can pursue their livelihoods without fear or intimidation.
He highlighted the importance of the lawmakers’ support as key representatives of Rivers State in the National Assembly, calling for their assistance in securing the necessary resources and legislative backing to bring his administration’s initiatives to fruition.
He said: “Since the Supreme Court verdict on the state’s budget, we have acted swiftly and decided to put together a new budget that reflects our commitment to healthcare, education, social services, and continued infrastructural development.
“We have worked diligently to ensure that the process is transparent, inclusive, and, most importantly, expedited.
“Our goal is to ensure that we do not lose any more time in making the necessary investments that will improve the lives of citizens.
“The budget, which is being finalised, focuses on creating job opportunities and investing in key sectors such as agriculture, infrastructure, and technology.
“We understand the urgency of this initiative, and we are committed to ensuring that it is implemented without delay.”
According to Ibas, the people of Rivers State have demonstrated resilience in the ongoing efforts to restore peace and uphold the rule of law.
He assured that his administration remains committed to achieving lasting peace in the state.
In his remarks, Senator Mpigi assured that members of the National Assembly caucus would support all efforts aimed at bringing development to the state.
Notable National Assembly members absent at the meeting include the immediate past Deputy Governor, Senator Ipalibo Harry Banigo, and Hon. Boma Goodhead.
-
News3 days ago
Kogi State enforces ban on rallies, public gatherings amidst riding security concerns
-
News3 days ago
President Tinubu congratulates Jim Ovia on admission to the freedom of the city of London
-
Sports2 days ago
NTTF U-12 National Hopes Week kicks off today in Lagos
-
Politics2 days ago
I would have handled economy better than Tinubu – Obi
-
Business2 days ago
Women make up 15% of 288 new billionaires in 2025
-
News2 days ago
BREAKING: Tinubu Sacks NNPCL Board , Replaces Mele Kyari with Bashir Ojulari as Group CEO
-
Politics2 days ago
New Political Party – TNN, Seeks INEC Registration
-
Business2 days ago
FG borrows N13.21trn from World Bank in 20 months