Connect with us

News

Bello Turji member of APC? It’s not true – Morka, APC spokesman

APC attributed the circulation of the document to “mischief makers” seeking to create confusion and foster discord within the polity for their own sinister objectives.

Published

on

356 Views

The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has officially debunked a viral social media post claiming that the notorious terror kingpin, Mohammed Bello Turji, has been registered as one of its members.

Reacting to the controversy on Tuesday, party spokesman Felix Morka described the purported membership slip as a “vile fabrication” designed by mischief-makers to mislead the public and tarnish the party’s image.

The APC clarified that the document, which allegedly emerged from the party’s ongoing Electronic Registration and Validation Exercise, bears no connection to its official database.Morka pointed out several glaring inconsistencies that expose the document as a crude forgery.

Specifically, the party noted that the fake slip claims Turji was registered in a “Ward 13” of the Shinkafi Local Government Area in Zamfara State.

However, official records show that Shinkafi LGA has only 10 wards, rendering the information on the slip geographically impossible.

“All digital parameters represented on the fake slip bear no connection to our Party’s membership register.

All other information paraded on the fake slip is nonexistent and certainly not contained in our membership database”, the party stated.

APC attributed the circulation of the document to “mischief makers” seeking to create confusion and foster discord within the polity for their own sinister objectives.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Defence Headquarters say X Account Compromised

The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.

Published

on

By

4 Views

The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has issued a notification to the public, media representatives, and relevant stakeholders regarding the compromise of its official account on X (formerly known as Twitter).

The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.

He said “appropriate technical measures had been activated to secure the account and prevent further unauthorised access.”

Uba assured the public that efforts were ongoing to fully restore control of the account, while advising members of the public to disregard any suspicious, unauthorised or misleading content posted from the account during the period.

Continue Reading

News

Edo Assembly Speaker Agbebaku Resigns Amid Impeachment Plot (Video)

Published

on

8 Views

The Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Blessing Agbebaku, has resigned following moves by some lawmakers to impeach him.

Agbebaku said his decision came after extensive consultations with his constituency and party leaders.

In related developments, other principal officers of the House, including the Majority Leader and his deputy, have been suspended.

Agbebaku had served as Speaker for six years, having assumed the position during the tenure of former Governor Godwin Obaseki. He defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC) after the 2024 Edo governorship election.

Yekini Idiaye has emerged as the new Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly.

Watch video below:

Continue Reading

News

NMMA shortlist 972 entries for 2026 awards

NMMA was founded by a former Chairman of Daily Times, the late Alhaji Babatunde Jose, who led the organisation for 10 years.

Published

on

By

44 Views

The Nigerian Media Merit Award (NMMA) said that it has shortlisted 972 of 1,112 entries for this year’s awards.

The Chairman of the NMMA Panel of Assessors, Otunba Dele Adetiba, said that the entries for the 34th edition cut across print, radio, and television categories.

Chairman of the NMMA Board of Trustees, Prof. Dayo Duyile, said that the award was established in 1990 to promote professionalism, ethical journalism and excellence among media practitioners.

Duyile, a veteran journalist and academic, said the NMMA was founded by a former Chairman of Daily Times, the late Alhaji Babatunde Jose, who led the organisation for 10 years.

Continue Reading

Trending