Connect with us

Entertainment

A Day I Will Never Forget : How bandits attacked our school – Student

About 24 hours after the abduction, parents were still gathered at the school premises hoping for the return of their children.

Published

on

529 Views

Image credit : Daily Trust

Khadijat Lawal, a Senior Secondary School 3 student of the Government Comprehensive Girls Secondary School, Maga, Danko Wasagu Local Government Area of Kebbi State, which was attacked on Monday morning of November 17, 2025, said that the experience of that day will remain etched in her memory for a long time.

On that fateful morning, gunmen attacked the school and abducted 25 girls.

The student, who went into hiding shortly after the bandits arrived their school, narrated her experience:

She said that she on that day, she and other students were sleeping in their hostel when they heard people talking outside and attempting to force the door leading to their hostel open. She said this was a few minutes to 5.00am.

Khadijat added that a few minutes after that, they started shooting sporadically into the air and she and her two sisters rushed to hide in one of the school’s toilets.

“She added that when the bandits burst into the hostel, her two sisters panicked and came out from where they were hiding in the toilet and they were immediately marched out with other girls who had been taken from other hostels in the school.

She remained where she had locked herself up in the toilet until when parents and other people came to the school shouting and asking about the whereabouts of their children.

“My daughter refused to open the door until she heard my voice. She was lucky, but her other sisters are still missing. I’m worried and sick about their whereabouts,” said her father, Malam Lawal Altine.

About 24 hours after the abduction, parents were still gathered at the school premises hoping for the return of their children.

The mother of one of the abducted girls, Hajiya Rani Maga has not left the school premises since Monday morning when she heard of the incident.

She said that she will not eat until her daughter returns home.

Hajiya Rani, who could not control her tears, said she still finds it difficult to believe that her daughter had been abducted by the bandits.

She said, “I don’t think I can return home without my daughter. Every minute my mind is with her.

I don’t know what is going on with her or where they took her and I’m afraid because she is in the hands of bad people.

I know government has intervened and given us hope that our daughters will return to us; but how soon? I appeal to both the state and federal government to urge security agents to find our daughters as soon as possible. The longer they stay with captors the more dangerous the situation will be.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

‘God Took Him’ — Singer Niniola Announces Death of Husband Michael Ndika

Published

on

50 Views

Nigerian Afro-house star Niniola Apata has announced the heartbreaking death of her husband, Michael Ndika, after 13 years of marriage.

The Grammy-nominated artist shared the sad news in a series of emotional Instagram Stories posted in the early hours of Wednesday, May 20, 2026.

“God took him,” Niniola wrote in one post. “My husband died,” she added in another, while expressing deep grief in a third: “God took him. 13 years. 13 f***ing years.”

Michael Ndika, also known as Big Mike or X.O, served as Niniola’s manager and was the Chief Executive Officer of NaijaReview, a multimedia platform promoting Afro-house and contemporary African music. The couple had kept their marriage largely private, surprising many fans who were unaware of the union.

No details have been released about the cause of Ndika’s death. Tributes and messages of condolence have poured in from fans, fellow artists, and the music community, including her sister, singer Teni.

Niniola, celebrated for hits like “Maradona” and her contributions to the Afro-house genre, is now receiving an outpouring of support as she mourns the loss of her longtime partner.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Wizkid Becomes First African Artist to Surpass 11 Billion Spotify Streams

Published

on

53 Views

Nigerian Afrobeats superstar Wizkid (Ayodeji Balogun) has etched his name deeper into music history, becoming the first African artist to surpass 11 billion total streams on Spotify across all credits.

The milestone was announced on Tuesday by music data platform Charts Africa, which noted that Wizkid has now claimed every major Spotify streaming benchmark for African artists—from 1 billion to 11 billion streams.

This latest achievement underscores Wizkid’s unparalleled dominance as the most-streamed African act on the platform. His catalog, boosted by global hits like “Essence” with Tems and his feature on Drake’s “One Dance,” continues to drive massive numbers. He also leads other top African acts, with Burna Boy at around 9.8 billion and Davido trailing further behind.

The timing coincides with the recent release of his collaboration “State of Mind” with DJ Tunez, which quickly racked up hundreds of thousands of streams. Industry observers project that Wizkid’s consistent daily streaming velocity will keep pushing his totals higher.

Fans and industry figures have flooded social media with congratulations, hailing the feat as a proud moment for Afrobeats and Nigerian music on the global stage. Wizkid’s previous breakthroughs, including becoming the first African artist to hit 10 billion streams earlier in 2026, had already positioned him as a continental trailblazer.

This 11 billion milestone further solidifies his status among the world’s streaming heavyweights and highlights the growing international commercial power of Afrobeats.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

NFVCB Approves 304 Nollywood’s New Films

English-language productions dominated the industry with 201 films classified within the period under review. Igbo-language productions accounted for 44 films, while Yoruba recorded 42. Hindi films stood at nine, Hausa productions accounted for five, while Bini-language films recorded three classifications.

Published

on

By

80 Views

The National Film and Video Censors Board (NFVCB) declared that it approved and classified 304 films between January and April 2026.

In a statement, Director of Film Censorship and Classification at the board, Deborah Malgwi, said that the figure represented an increase from the 267 films classified during the same period in 2025.

Classification data released by the board shows that January 2026 recorded the highest number of approvals with 102 films, followed by 83 in February, 77 in March and 42 in April.

In comparison, the board classified 25 films in January 2025, 58 in February, 114 in March and 70 in April of the same year.

The statistics also showed that English-language productions dominated the industry with 201 films classified within the period under review. Igbo-language productions accounted for 44 films, while Yoruba recorded 42. Hindi films stood at nine, Hausa productions accounted for five, while Bini-language films recorded three classifications.

Further analysis indicated that most productions fell within the “15” and “18” age categories, reflecting prevailing themes in contemporary film productions.

Continue Reading

Trending