Sports
UCL: ‘Unquestionable’ – Del Piero hails Osimhen after Napoli’s loss to Barcelona
Juventus legend, Alessandro Del Piero has commended Napoli’s Victor Osimhen for his positive attitude despite his side’s 3-1 loss to Barcelona in their UEFA Champions League tie on Tuesday.
While Osimhen failed to score in the game, Del Piero believes that his performance can be attributed to the overall team effort.
Despite Napoli’s negative season, with the club struggling to match their performances from last year, Osimhen has remained positive and committed to the team.
The 25-year-old striker has proven to be one of Napoli’s key assets this season, scoring 11 goals in the Serie A despite missing several games due to injury.
Despite the defeat to Barcelona, Del Piero remains optimistic about Osimhen’s contribution to the team.
“You may feel down, but his [Osimhen’s] qualities are unquestionable,” Del Piero said per Napoli Magazine.
“In general, he is in a very negative season for Napoli, and therefore, he has not faced everything that has happened in this season with a smile, but his attitude has always been positive.”
Sports
Mexico invests in robotic dogs for 2026 World Cup
The 2026 FIFA World Cup will run from June 11 to July 19 across Mexico, the United States, and Canada, with Monterrey among the host cities.
Photo: Robotic dogs
Mexican authorities have introduced robotic dogs to support police operations during the 2026 FIFA World Cup, highlighting the growing convergence of football, technology, and security investment.
The local council in Guadalupe, part of the Monterrey metropolitan area, invested approximately $145,000 in the robotic units as part of its World Cup security preparations.
The 2026 FIFA World Cup will run from June 11 to July 19 across Mexico, the United States, and Canada, with Monterrey among the host cities.
A demonstration video released by the municipality shows one of the robots navigating an abandoned building, climbing stairs and transmitting live footage to officers positioned behind it
In a simulated scenario, the robot confronted an armed suspect and issued instructions via loudspeaker for him to drop his weapon.
Sports
2026 Lagos City Marathon on Saturday
The 42-kilometre race will commence at Ahmadu Bello Way by MRS Filling Station and proceed through the entire Coastal Road, which serves as the finishing point.
The Lagos State Government has announced traffic diversion plan ahead of the 2026 Lagos City Marathon scheduled for Saturday, February 14.
The government said that the diversion became necessary to ensure smooth conduct of the annual sporting event and to minimise disruption to movement across major routes in the state.
In a statement issued by the Commissioner for Transportation, Oluwaseun Osiyemi, said the marathon will feature two races, 42 kilometres and 10 kilometres, which will run simultaneously across designated routes.
He explained that the 42-kilometre race will commence at Ahmadu Bello Way by MRS Filling Station and proceed through the entire Coastal Road, which serves as the finishing point.
He added that the 10-kilometre race will begin at Durosimi Etti in Lekki Phase 1, passing through Ozumba Mbadiwe, Bishop Oluwole, Akin Adesola and terminate at Sanusi Fafunwa.
Sports
Tottenham sacks manager Thomas Frank
Tottenham fans booed Frank and chanted for his sacking during Tuesday’s 2-1 defeat to Newcastle.
•Thomas Frank
Tottenham has sacked the Men’s Head Coach, Thomas Frank.
Tottenham fans booed Frank and chanted for his sacking during Tuesday’s 2-1 defeat to Newcastle.
“Thomas Frank was appointed in June 2025, and we have been determined to give him the time and support needed to build for the future together,” said the Club via a statement on Wednesday.
The statement reads: “The Club has taken the decision to make a change in position and Thomas Frank will leave today. However, results and performances have led the Board to conclude that a change at this point in the season is necessary.“
Throughout his time at the Club, Thomas has conducted himself with unwavering commitment, giving everything in his efforts to move the Club forward.
We would like to thank him for his contribution and wish him every success in the future.”
Frank left Brentford in June to replace Ange Postecoglou after the Australian was sacked despite winning the Europa League.
-
News2 days agoBREAKING: FG to Restore Cross River Littoral Status, Allocates 119 New Oil Wells Post-Bakassi
-
Crime1 day agoNDLEA: China-Based Nigerian, 2 Angolans Excrete 236 Cocaine Wraps at Airports (Images)
-
Crime3 hours agoBREAKING: DSS Charges El-Rufai with Cybercrime Over Alleged Phone Tapping
-
News1 day agoCivil Society Group Urges Probe into Dadiyata’s 2019 Disappearance After Explosive Claims
-
News2 hours agoEl-Rufai Arrives at EFCC Headquarters Amid Clashes Between Supporters and Opponents in Abuja
-
News1 day agoLagos Inaugurates Fire Marshal Club with Safety Walk to Cut Fire Incidents
-
News2 hours agoJUST IN: Security Operatives Clash with El-Rufai’s Supporters at EFCC HQ, Tear Gas Fired
