Connect with us

Entertainment

Bauchi Hisbah prohibits DJs, women from attending male social gatherings

“The Fulani traditional activity known as Sharo or Shadi and Garaya is prohibited. Cultural traditional activities known as Kauyawa day, DJ, Gala, Aloba, etc, are prohibited.”

Published

on

708 Views

• Islamic police/ Fb

The Hisbah Command of the Bauchi State Shariah Commission has issued strict guidelines regulating social gatherings in the state, further ordering adherence to the guidelines.

In a statement issued by the Permanent Commissioner Hisbah, Barrister Aminu Balarabe Isah, dated July 16, 2025, and titled “Guidelines Governing the Conduct of Marriage Ceremonies and other Festivals in Bauchi State”, the command said that there have been complaints from the general public on the increase of social vices and the breach of public peace during marriage ceremonies and birthdays.

Hisbah prohibits DJ, women from attending male social gatherings in Bauchi By : Rauf Oyewole, Bauchi Date: 27 Aug 2025Share :Hisbah[FILES] HisbahThe Hisbah Command of the Bauchi State Sharia’h Commission has issued strict guidelines regulating social gatherings in the state, further ordering adherence to the guidelines.In a statement issued by the Permanent Commissioner Hisbah, Barrister Aminu Balarabe Isah, dated July 16, 2025, and titled “Guidelines Governing the Conduct of Marriage Ceremonies and other Festivals in Bauchi State”, the command said that there have been complaints from the general public on the increase of social vices and the breach of public peace during marriage ceremonies and birthdays.

The statement said that Hisbah Command “is left with no option but to set the following guidelines: Mixing up the opposite sex is highly prohibited.

Dancing with the opposite sex amidst infants and children is highly prohibited.“Buying and selling of toxicants of any kind and their consumption are highly prohibited.

A person in possession of weapon(s) (of any nature) should not be granted entrance.“Seating arrangement has to be in accordance with gender considerations.

Any act capable of inciting the general public is prohibited.

“All activities must be suspended during the stipulated prayer times.

Traditional dressing code should be adhered to. Using blasphemy or abusive language against an individual or constituted authority is prohibited.

“All activities organised by females should only be patronised by females and vice versa.

“The Fulani traditional activity known as Sharo or Shadi and Garaya is prohibited. Cultural traditional activities known as Kauyawa day, DJ, Gala, Aloba, etc, are prohibited.”

The command also prohibited gambling of any nature, saying prostitution in all its ramifications and other immoral acts are equally prohibited in all centres, clubs, hotels, houses and recreational centres.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

BREAKING: Veteran Nollywood Actor Taiwo Hassan ‘Ogogo’ Reportedly Dies at 66

Published

on

15 Views

The actor died after battle with Cancer

Popular Yoruba Nollywood actor Taiwo Hassan, widely known as Ogogo, has died at the age of 66.

The veteran actor passed away on Sunday, August 23, 2026, after a prolonged battle with stage 4 cancer. His death was confirmed by his daughter, Kira (also referred to as Kaira) Taiwo, during an emotional Instagram Live session in which she said, “My daddy is dead.”

The news was also announced by industry figures, including Best of Nollywood awards founder Seun Oloketuyi, who wrote: “Taiwo Hassan Ogogo is dead. He finally lost the battle of life.” Fellow actor Jide Kosoko and others also confirmed the development.

Ogogo’s family had recently appealed for specialised medical help after doctors said chemotherapy was no longer viable. Earlier rumours of his death earlier in the week were debunked by the family.

Born on October 31, 1959, in Ilaro, Ogun State, Taiwo Hassan became one of the most recognisable faces in Yoruba cinema over a career spanning more than three decades. He was celebrated for memorable roles as warriors, stern fathers, chiefs and other powerful characters that helped shape modern Yoruba filmmaking.

His passing has drawn tributes from fans, colleagues and members of the Nollywood community mourning the loss of a veteran who entertained millions.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

US Actress Hayden Panettiere Dies At 36

Born in 1989, Panettiere became a child star and went on to have numerous roles in both film and TV.
Her credits include “Remember The Titans,” “Ice Princess,” “Scream 4” and “Scream VI.”

Published

on

By

93 Views

•Hayden Panettiere

Hayden Panettiere, an actress known for her roles in popular TV series “Heroes” and “Nashville,” has died aged 36.

Her father confirmed the actress’ death in a statement to ABC News.

“It is with profound sadness that we share the tragic passing of our beloved Hayden. She was an incredible light and a force of nature who brought immeasurable love and joy to all who knew her — and to the millions who watched her onscreen,” he said.

He asked that her family be given privacy while they “process this unimaginable loss.”

Details about her death were not immediately given, but news outlet TMZ said there was an “open investigation” into the cause.

Born in 1989, Panettiere became a child star and went on to have numerous roles in both film and TV. Her credits include “Remember The Titans,” “Ice Princess,” “Scream 4” and “Scream VI.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Disney agrees deal to let TikTokers use its films and TV shows in videos

The scheme will be launched in the US before being rolled out to other countries.

Published

on

By

138 Views

Image: PIXAR/ BBC

Disney and TikTok have agreed a deal which will allow creators to use clips from Disney films, including its subsidiaries, in their videos.

It means clips from hit franchises like Star Wars, Toy Story and the Marvel Cinematic Universe will soon start popping up in videos – which will also be shared on Disney’s short-form video platform, Verts.

The scheme will be launched in the US before being rolled out to other countries.

Neither company shared financial details of the agreement, although it follows the collapse of a $1bn (£745m) deal between Disney and OpenAI which would have let people use its characters in AI-generated videos.

Source: BBC NEWS

Continue Reading

Trending