Connect with us

Politics

Why Tinubu cut short vacation

Furthermore, President Tinubu will sign the decree suspending emergency rule, which he cannot do from outside the country.

Published

on

587 Views

• Image : President Tinubu and Fubara

President Bola Tinubu returned to Abuja on Tuesday, ahead of the conclusion of his vacation, which would have been on September 19.

The president has been in France and the United Kingdom since September 4th on a working vacation as part of his 2025 annual leave.

However, given that the six-month emergency rule imposed on Rivers State expires on Thursday, September 18, and in line with the relevant sections of the constitution, there are roles the President will play to bring the saga to an end.

The president is required to make a nationwide broadcast suspending the state of emergency and normalising all other functions that were affected by the emergency rule.

Furthermore, President Tinubu will sign the decree suspending emergency rule, which he cannot do from outside the country.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Kwankwaso denies upteenth times, “I’m not working for Tinubu’s political interests “

The denial followed allegations by Sanusi Bature, spokesperson for Kano State Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf, that Kwankwaso had worked for Tinubu during the 2023 elections and had recently sought a direct meeting with the president.

Published

on

By

16 Views

Former Kano State governor and Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC) chieftain, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, has denied upteenth times that he isn’t working in the interest of President Bola Tinubu ahead of the 2027 presidential election, describing those who believe such claims as foolish.

In an appearance on Global TV, Kwankwaso said that the rumours had been in circulation since his time in the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) and were false.

“I think only gullible people would believe that. We are not working for anybody. We are only working for Nigeria Democratic Congress, NDC,” he said.

The denial followed allegations by Sanusi Bature, spokesperson for Kano State Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf, that Kwankwaso had worked for Tinubu during the 2023 elections and had recently sought a direct meeting with the president.

Kwankwaso did not deny his personal relationship with Tinubu but insisted it had no bearing on his political direction.

“Bola Tinubu has been my senior brother and good friend up till now. But that doesn’t mean we shall pull all our political ideologies together with him. He is doing his own and I am doing my own,” he said.

Continue Reading

Politics

Hamzat emerges Lagos APC governorship candidate

Hamzat secured a commanding 657,917 votes out of the 657,974 accredited votes cast, while Jim-Kamal managed just one vote, underscoring the overwhelming support for the deputy governor.

Published

on

By

28 Views

The Deputy Governor of Lagos State, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat has emerged as the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State ahead of the 2027 election.

The party’s direct primary was held at the APC Secretariat on Acme road, Ogba in Ikeja, the State’s capital.

Hamzat defeated his challenger, Lanre Jim-Kamal, in what party officials described as a peaceful and transparent exercise.

Hamzat secured a commanding 657,917 votes out of the 657,974 accredited votes cast, while Jim-Kamal managed just one vote, underscoring the overwhelming support for the deputy governor.

The results were announced by the Chairman of the Governorship Electoral Committee, Gen. Jon Temlong, , Ogba.Hamzat’s emergence followed a wave of endorsements from key power blocs within the Lagos APC, particularly the influential Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC).

The primary was further shaped by the withdrawal of several aspirants ahead of the exercise.

Notably, Babajide Adeniran, popularly known as Jandor, and Samuel Mawuyon Àjọṣe, also known as SMA Gold, stepped down from the race in support of Hamzat, consolidating backing around his candidacy.

Continue Reading

Politics

Labour Party shifts primaries over Sallah, Democracy Day anniversary

The change became necessary following a clash between its earlier timetable and key national events

Published

on

By

25 Views

The Labour Party has rescheduled its 2027 presidential, governorship, House of Representatives and House of Assembly primary elections to May 30.

The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Ken Asogwa, disclosed this in a statement issued in Abuja on Thursday, stating that the change became necessary following a clash between its earlier timetable and key national events.

The party had earlier fixed its governorship and state House of Assembly primaries for May 27, while presidential and National Assembly primaries were scheduled for May 29.

Asogwa noted that both exercises will now be conducted on the same date, May 30.

Continue Reading

Trending