Connect with us

News

Military arrest suspect linked to NIPSS attack ‘while treating gunshot wound’

Kolsen remains in military custody as investigators seek to establish the extent of his alleged involvement in the attack and uncover other members of the network behind the repeated assaults.

Published

on

144 Views

Troops have arrested a suspected militia member allegedly involved in the recent attack on the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS), Kuru, in Jos south LGA of Plateau state.

The suspect, identified as Paul Kolsen, was apprehended at about 3:30 pm on Sunday at Farm Centre, where he was “receiving treatment for a gunshot wound” believed to have been sustained during the July 2 attack on the institute.

According to security sources quoted by Zagazola Makama, a counter-insurgency publication covering the Lake Chad region, Kolsen’s arrest followed credible intelligence and comes days after other suspects linked to the incident were taken into custody.

The July 2 attack was the latest in a series of assaults on the institution. During the incident, troops engaged suspected Berom militia members in a gun battle, killing one of the attackers while others fled into nearby rocky terrain.

Security sources said that soldiers recovered a service rifle bearing registration number “CO-3175” during the operation.

The weapon was identified as one previously stolen from a soldier killed in an attack on troops at the Federal College of Land Resources Technology, Vom, on April 11.

The recovery of the rifle has widened the scope of ongoing investigations, with security agencies now probing possible links between the attacks on NIPSS and earlier assaults on military personnel operating along the Kuru-Vom corridor.

Kolsen remains in military custody as investigators seek to establish the extent of his alleged involvement in the attack and uncover other members of the network behind the repeated assaults.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

NMMA shortlist 972 entries for 2026 awards

NMMA was founded by a former Chairman of Daily Times, the late Alhaji Babatunde Jose, who led the organisation for 10 years.

Published

on

By

42 Views

The Nigerian Media Merit Award (NMMA) said that it has shortlisted 972 of 1,112 entries for this year’s awards.

The Chairman of the NMMA Panel of Assessors, Otunba Dele Adetiba, said that the entries for the 34th edition cut across print, radio, and television categories.

Chairman of the NMMA Board of Trustees, Prof. Dayo Duyile, said that the award was established in 1990 to promote professionalism, ethical journalism and excellence among media practitioners.

Duyile, a veteran journalist and academic, said the NMMA was founded by a former Chairman of Daily Times, the late Alhaji Babatunde Jose, who led the organisation for 10 years.

Continue Reading

News

Nigerian Law school student dies after falling from hostel rooftop

The deceased was a student of the Nigerian Law School, Enugu campus, who was undergoing externship programme at the Lagos campus.

Published

on

By

84 Views

•Faith Alayande

A Nigerian Law School student identified as Faith Alayande, is dead after she fell from the rooftop at Lagos campus.

In a statement on Monday, Aderonke Osho, secretary to the council and director of administration, said that the deceased was a student of the Nigerian Law School, Enugu campus, who was undergoing externship programme at the Lagos campus.

Osho said preliminary findings revealed that the student died from injuries sustained after falling from the rooftop of the campus hostel around 4am on Friday.

The Nigerian Law School is deeply saddened by this tragic development.

“Management is working closely with the appropriate authorities and the family to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident, ensure that all necessary procedures are duly followed, and provide further information as appropriate.”

Continue Reading

News

Ekwulobia Suspends New Yam Festival for Kidnap Billionaire Son

A source from the community said the traditional ruler of Ekwulobia where Ezeokafor hails from, His Royal Majesty, Igwe (Engr) Emmanuel Chukwukadibia Onyeneke, officially suspended the Ekwulobia New Yam Festival, saying there was no need to celebrate while their son remained in captivity.

Published

on

By

79 Views

• Joseph Ezeokafor

Ekwulobia community in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State has cancelled its New Yam festival celebration billed for September 4, 2026.

Ohibaba.com learned that this is because of the kidnap of billionaire businessman and owner of Jezco Group of Companies, Chief Joseph Ezeokafor.

Ezeokafor was kidnapped in Awka on Tuesday last week when he stepped out of his house without his security details to attend to his spiritual need, where he goes to offer prays.

Public Relations Officer of Anambra State Police Command, SP Tochukwu Ikenga who confirmed the development said that serious operation is currently ongoing to save the elder statesman.

His kidnap has sent his community into mourning, causing the postponement of the new Yam festival, an annual festival which holds on a static date every year.

A source from the community said the traditional ruler of Ekwulobia where Ezeokafor hails from, His Royal Majesty, Igwe (Engr) Emmanuel Chukwukadibia Onyeneke, officially suspended the Ekwulobia New Yam Festival, saying there was no need to celebrate while their son remained in captivity.

“The Igwe said the community of Ekwulobia cannot celebrate while their son remains in the custody of the kidnappers,” the source said.

Continue Reading

Trending