News
JUST IN: Jubilation as EBS receives two brand new generators to resolve power supply issues

Immediate steps have been taken to address the critical needs of Edo Broadcasting Service (EBS), especially in the area of power supply and total blackout in the state.
These needs were identified during Governor Monday Okpebholo’s recent visit to the station.
Recognising that unreliable electricity supply has left the station in the dark during power outages, the governor prioritised this concern and approved the procurement of essential equipment without delay.
Today, EBS proudly welcomed the delivery of two brand-new generators—150kVA and 135kVA—which will effectively resolve the power supply issues faced by both the radio and television stations.
Governor Okpebholo also announced plans to provide solar-powered energy as a backup solution, ensuring that EBS remains operational and ready to serve the Edo community.
During the generator handover, Managing Director Sulaiman Aledeh expressed heartfelt gratitude to Governor Okpebholo for his commitment to action and his keen interest in enhancing the capabilities of the state’s media outlets.
“We are thankful for your support in equipping our station and motivating our staff to meet national and global industry standards,” Aledeh remarked.
This initiative marks a significant step toward revitalising Edo Broadcasting Service, ensuring it remains a vibrant source of information and entertainment.
News
Massive Gridlock: FG reopens Independence Bridge in Lagos

The Minister of Works, Senator David Umahi, has directed the immediate reopening of the Independence Bridge in Lagos to vehicular traffic.
The Federal Controller of Works in Lagos, Mrs. Olukorede Kesha, had earlier stated that the closure was for planned maintenance and rehabilitation.
She expressed regret for the inconvenience caused and appealed for public understanding.
The Federal Ministry of Works has clarified that necessary repairs on the bridge would be carried out at a later date.
The new instruction to reopen the bridge is ostensibly as a result of the gridlock caused by the closure which resulted in outcry by commuters since its closure on Tuesday, April 1.
News
JUST IN: President Tinubu to Embark on Working Visit to Paris

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu will depart for Paris, France, today on a short working visit.
This information was stated in a press release today, April 2, 2025 by Bayo Onanuga, the Special Adviser to the President on Information & Strategy.
Onanuga said during the President’s visit, he will appraise his administration’s mid-term performance and assess key milestones.
“He will also use the retreat to review the progress of ongoing reforms and engage in strategic planning ahead of his administration’s second anniversary”.
“This period of reflection will inform plans to deepen ongoing reforms and accelerate national development priorities in the coming year”.
“Recent economic strides reinforce the President’s commitment to these efforts, as evidenced by the Central Bank of Nigeria reporting a significant increase in net foreign exchange reserves to $23.11 billion—a testament to the administration’s fiscal reforms since 2023 when net reserves were $3.99 billion”.
“While away, President Tinubu will remain fully engaged with his team and continue to oversee governance activities. He will return to Nigeria in about a fortnight, the statement reads.
Business
Algiers-Abuja direct flights begin April 6

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Wednesday, announced the launch of Air Algérie’s inaugural direct flight service from Algiers to Abuja, set to begin on April 6, 2025.
This is said to strengthen the diplomatic and economic ties between Nigeria and Algeria.
According to a statement signed by the Acting Spokesperson for the Ministry, Kimiebi Ebienfa, the new route, which is the result of the Bilateral Air Services Agreement between the two countries, will be operated by the national carrier, Air Algérie, using a Boeing 737 aircraft.
This new service is expected to boost connectivity, encourage tourism, and facilitate trade and investment between Nigeria and Algeria.
“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to announce the commencement of Air Algerie’s inaugural direct flight service from Algiers to Abuja, scheduled for 6th April 2025.
“This historic development marks a significant milestone in the growing diplomatic and economic relations between Nigeria and Algeria.
“It is pertinent to state that it is the implementation of the Bilateral Air Services Agreement between both countries, which culminated in this successful venture,” the statement read in part.
The inaugural flight is expected to carry the Charge d’Affaires of the Nigerian Embassy in Algiers, Nigerian community leaders, and representatives from the Algerian government.
The Federal Government has extended congratulations to Air Algérie and offered its full support to ensure the success of the new service.
With affordable fares and Algeria’s proximity to Europe, the flight also offers Nigerians a convenient gateway to Europe, enhancing Nigeria’s position as a regional hub for business, tourism, and transit.
The statement added, “The Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and relevant aviation authorities, extends its warm congratulations to Air Algerie and assures all necessary support to ensure the success and sustainability of this new service.
“We believe this initiative will further strengthen the longstanding friendship between Nigeria and Algeria, while opening new opportunities for mutual growth.
“The affordable fare structure and the proximity of Algeria to Europe would also provide Nigerians with a convenient gateway to Europe, thereby enhancing Nigeria’s position as a regional hub for business, tourism, and transit.”
The ministry encouraged citizens and businesses to take advantage of this new connectivity to explore opportunities for trade, tourism and cultural exchanges between the two nations.
-
Sports3 days ago
UPDATE: How bankruptcy led Nigerian boxer to death in Ghana – NBBofC
-
News2 days ago
Kogi State enforces ban on rallies, public gatherings amidst riding security concerns
-
News2 days ago
President Tinubu congratulates Jim Ovia on admission to the freedom of the city of London
-
News3 days ago
JUST IN: FG to shut Lagos’ Independence Bridge for two months
-
Politics1 day ago
I would have handled economy better than Tinubu – Obi
-
Sports1 day ago
NTTF U-12 National Hopes Week kicks off today in Lagos
-
Business1 day ago
Women make up 15% of 288 new billionaires in 2025
-
News1 day ago
BREAKING: Tinubu Sacks NNPCL Board , Replaces Mele Kyari with Bashir Ojulari as Group CEO