News
Ghana scraps visa for All Africans to promote tourism, trade
With this decision, Ghana joins Rwanda, Seychelles, Gambia, and Benin as the fifth African nation to extend visa-free access to all holders of African passports

▪︎Ghana President Nana Akufo-Addo
Ghana is set to become a visa-free destination for all African nationals beginning in early 2025.
The move is expected to boost tourism, trade, and travel in the West African nation, addressing concerns that visa restrictions have long hindered these sectors.
President Nana Akufo-Addo approved the policy change in December, fulfilling a promise he made during the Africa Prosperity Dialogues.
The initiative, according to the president, aims to foster “stronger ties across Africa.”
Ghana previously granted visa-free entry to citizens of 26 African nations and visas on arrival to travelers from 25 others, with only two African countries requiring visas before arrival.
With this decision, Ghana joins Rwanda, Seychelles, Gambia, and Benin as the fifth African nation to extend visa-free access to all holders of African passports, marking a step toward enhancing regional integration and mobility across the continent.
News
JUST IN: Multiple accidents cause gridlock on Apapa-Oshodi Expressway in Lagos

A multiple-vehicle accident in Lagos involving a container-laden truck that fell on its side and seven other vehicles occurred at the Cele Bus Stop axis of the Apapa-Oshodi Expressway.
According to a statement by the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority via its X account today, emergency responders are already on the ground, and efforts are underway to address the situation.
The statement read, “A multiple accident has occurred at Cele on the Apapa-Oshodi Express, involving a container-laden truck that fell on its side and seven (7) other vehicles.
“Emergency responders are on the ground and en route, and casualties are being taken care of while our men are on the ground managing the traffic emanating from this.
”LASTMA also highlighted that the accident has caused significant traffic delays, with the backlog extending to Ijesha and spilling over to other areas.
“Traffic backlog is at Ijesha and spilling”, the traffic management agency added.
Business
Change of baton at NNPCL as Ojulari officially takes over from Kyari

The new Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, NNPCL, Bayo Ojulari, has officially taken over the reins of the company from his predecessor, Mr. Mele Kyari.
In a brief handover ceremony held at the NNPC Towers on Friday, the GCEO commended Kyari for his contributions to the growth of NNPCL and his sterling service to the nation.

Ojulari disclosed that the objective of his management was to consolidate on the successes of his predecessor and take the company to the next level.
He said though the targets set for his management were quite enormous, he would be relying on the co-operation of the management and staff of the company, as well as the counsel of his predecessor to achieve set targets.
“I will be counting on your support. I will need it. I will be coming around to seek your counsel,” Ojulari told Kyari.

Earlier in his remarks, Kyari congratulated Ojulari and thanked the management and staff of the company for their support while in office.
He pledged to do everything within his power to support the new management to succeed, stressing that he was only a call away.
News
President Tinubu Appoints Ayo Sotinrin as Managing Director of the Bank of Agriculture

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed Mr. Ayo Sotinrin as the new Managing Director of the Bank of Agriculture, effective immediately.
Mr. Sotinrin brings a diverse and extensive background in the private and public sectors to his new role.
Before his appointment, he held the position of Group Chief Executive Officer at SAO Group. His leadership at SAO Agro, an agribusiness company, was marked by groundbreaking agricultural initiatives, including developing a 20,000-hectare oil palm plantation and large-scale poultry, aquaculture, maize, and cassava operations in Ondo State.
He also led SAO Capital, raising over $750 million in infrastructure and development finance, including the landmark $200 million Akure Water Supply Project.
In the public sector, he served as Special Adviser (Environment & Urban Development) to the Minister of State FCT from 2011 to 2015.
He has consulted extensively for global development partners such as the World Bank, AfDB, DFID, and USAID and played key advisory roles on federal and state-level projects. His international background includes roles at the Royal Bank of Scotland International, Deutsche Bank, and the UK Environment Agency.
Mr. Sotinrin holds an Executive MBA from Said Business School, Oxford University; an Advanced Diploma in Environmental Conservation; and a Master’s in Engineering Business Management from Warwick University.
Mr Sotinrin’s appointment aligns with the Tinubu administration’s strategy to revitalise Nigeria’s agricultural sector.
“Mr Sotinrin’s proven ability to mobilise capital, innovate in agribusiness, and collaborate across sectors will be instrumental in repositioning the Bank of Agriculture as a catalyst for food security, sovereignty and rural prosperity”, President Tinubu emphasised.
-
Business2 days ago
Italy Funding Africa’s coffee industry with €15 million
-
Business2 days ago
Nigeria and UNIDO Earmark $174.6 million for Industrial Projects
-
Politics3 days ago
Tribunal throws out petition challenging Gov Okpebholo’s election victory in Edo
-
Business2 days ago
CBN denies introducing N5000, N10,000 notes
-
Business2 days ago
How were Donald Trump’s tariffs calculated?
-
Politics3 days ago
EDO GUBER: Tribunal Affirms the Election of Okphebholo
-
News2 days ago
Massive Gridlock: FG reopens Independence Bridge in Lagos
-
Politics3 days ago
Natasha accuses Akpabio, Bello of using fake constituents to initiate her recall process