News
First Lady Oluremi Tinubu assures Nigerians as Wives of Service Chiefs visits her

The First Lady of the Federal Republic of Nigeria Senator Oluremi Tinubu says Nigerians should look beyond the present situation in the country and see the bigger picture which has light at the end of the tunnel.
She was speaking while receiving Wives of Service Chiefs and the Inspector general of Police led by the wife of the wife of Chief of Defence Staff and President, Defence and Police wives Association, Mrs Oghogho Musa.
The First Lady assured that the administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is doing everything possible to ensure that it cushions the effects of the fuel subsidy removal until the gains of the policy begins to materialize. She said her pet project, the Renewed Hope Initiative is also supporting the government in this regard and that is why she is soliciting the support of the wives of the Service Chiefs.
“We will need your various Associations from time to time, at least to be able to reach out women in your various barracks, to reassure them that we mean well for this country, and that they should be patient and that whatever we can do to ameliorate what the subsidy has meted to us, we believe there is always light at the end of the tunnel”.
“It is a greater Nigeria we are looking out for and it is a legacy that our children and generations yet unborn, we would leave a Nigeria we can relate better as Nigerians and also look for the good of this nation and the wealth of this country can be greater enhanced”.
The First Lady also promised that the RHI would soon be reaching out to vulnerable widows of fallen officers in the military.
Earlier, the leader of the delegation, wife of the Chief of Defence Staff and President, Defence and Police Officers Wives Association, Mrs Oghogho Musa assured that the various Associations under Defence and Police Officers wives are poised to partner with the Renewed Hope Initiative in all areas of its scope of coverage namely Agriculture, Education, Health, Economic Empowerment and Social Investment. She said this is importantly so because these are all areas of interest to all the Associations.
The First lady was then decorated as the Grand Matron of the Defence and Police Officers Wives Association, which is as enshrined in the constitution of the various associations.
News
Slain businessman, Fish Magnate buried amidst anguish from family (Photos)

It was all wailing yesterday at Eziakpu Village, Ikenga, Aguata LGA of Anambra State, during the burial of slain businessman, Mr Martins Ifesinachi Onyekesi, also know as Fish Magnate.
Onyekesi was a fish processor and seller who prominently advertised his trade on social media.
He was killed last month, after he was abducted by unknown persons, who later dumped his body in a nearby town, instructing his family to go pick him up.

During his burial on Thursday at Ikenga community, family, friends and sympathizers wailed as his corpse was lowered into mother earth.
It was a quick and solemn event which witnessed the presence of the Deputy Governor of Anambra State, Dr Onyeka Ibezim who represented Governor Chukwuma Soludo.

The event featured fewer speeches, except for the family’s prayers by his graveside.
His death has attracted reactions, including the visit of activist, Martins Otse, also known as Very Dark Man, who led a protest on the incident to call for an end to killings in Anambra State.
Business
We are under attack – NNPCL GCEO, Ojulari

Bayo Ojulari, Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigeria National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL), has announced that he and his management team are currently under serious threat.
Ojulari said his offense is the reforms he has introduced in the oil and gas sector in line with the mandate given to him by President Bola Tinubu to turn around the moribund refinery.
He raised this alarm on Thursday, lamenting that some powerful elements are plotting to remove him from the seat.
The NNPCL boss raised the alarm when he received the delegation of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria, PENGASSAN, led by its President, Comrade Festus Osifo, at the company’s headquarters, Abuja.
Details shortly…
Crime
YELWATA KILLINGS: DSS Files Charges Against Suspects over Benue Attacks

The Department of State Services (DSS) on Thursday filed six separate charges at the Federal High Court in Abuja against terror suspects responsible for deadly attacks in Yelwata village, Guma Local Government Area of Benue State.
The assaults left numerous people dead and others injured.
The charges involve nine suspects apprehended through intelligence-led operations by DSS operatives. However, only two of these suspects were charged in court on four counts related to the Yelwata massacre.
The accused, Haruna Adamu and Muhammad Abdullahi, both from Awe Local Government Area of Nasarawa State, alongside others still at large, are alleged to have carried out attacks on Abinsi and Yelwata villages on June 13, 2025.
Their actions violate Section 12 of the Terrorism Prevention Act, 2022.
The two suspects are accused of conspiring with Musa Beniyon, Bako Malowa, Ibrahim Tunga, Asara Ahnadu, Legu Musa, Adamu Yale, Boddi Ayuba, Pyeure Damina, and others still at large, to execute the Yelwata attacks.
According to the DSS charges, the defendants knowingly concealed critical information about the planned terrorist attacks and killings in Abinsi and Yelwata between June 13 and 14, which could have aided in preventing the acts and apprehending the perpetrators.
Filed by the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation (DPPF), Muhammad Abubakar, on behalf of the federal government, the charges further accuse the defendants of preparing to commit acts of terrorism with the named co-conspirators, in violation of Section 29 of the Terrorism Prevention and Prohibition Act, 2022.
In a separate charge, two more suspects, Terkende Ashuwa and Amos Alede from Guma Local Government Area, were charged with three counts for allegedly conducting reprisal attacks against terror suspects involved in the Abinsi and Yelwata incidents.
In case file FHC/ABJ/CR/448/2025, the pair are accused of attending and participating in meetings that led to acts of terrorism causing destruction of private property and economic loss, including the death of 12 cattle in Ukpam village, Benue State.
This is contrary to Section 12 of the Terrorism Prevention and Prohibition Act.
The second count alleges that in July 2025, they conspired during a meeting in Daudu town, Guma LGA, to carry out terrorist acts together with others still at large, violating Section 26 of the same Act.
The third count claims they knowingly supported and received material assistance in the form of locally made guns and an AK-47 rifle from one Alhaji Uba to commit terrorism, leading to property destruction and cattle loss in Ukpam village, punishable under Section 13 of the Terrorism Prevention Act.
Additionally, Halima Haliru Umar, a 32-year-old woman from Faskari Local Government Area, Katsina State, faces a four-count charge for concealing information about Alhaji Sani, a suspected gun runner, bandit, and kidnapper.
Her actions allegedly prevented the timely apprehension of criminal elements, violating Section 6 of the Terrorism Prevention and Prohibition Act.
She is also accused of aiding terrorism by transporting 302 rounds of live AK-47 ammunition to bandits in July 2025, contrary to Section 13 of the Act.
In another case, two elderly men—75-year-old Nanbol Tali and Timnan Manjo—face four-count charges for illegal possession and trading of firearms.
They are accused of buying and selling two locally fabricated AK-47 rifles without licenses for 3 million naira, violating Sections 9 and 27 of the Firearms Act, 2024.
They allegedly possessed one AK-47 rifle in Mangu LGA, Plateau State, and purchased three long-range revolver rifles at 60,000 naira each from an individual named Chomo, intending to resell them to bandits.
In a related development, Danjuma Antu of Jos North, Plateau State, was charged on five counts for unlawful possession of two locally fabricated pistols capable of firing 9mm ammunition, contrary to Section 3 and punishable under Section 27 of the Firearms Act, 2024.
Similarly, Silas Iduh Oloche of Agatu LGA, Benue State, faces six counts of unlawful possession of 18 firearms (including grenades) without licenses, violating Sections 3 and 27 of the Firearms Act.
He was reportedly found with 683 live rounds of 7.62mm ammunition on August 2, 2025, contrary to Section 8 of the same Act.
No trial date has yet been scheduled for the suspects charged on Thursday, August 28, 2025.
-
Crime2 days ago
Two feared dead as violence breaks out at Balogun Market, Lagos Island
-
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Panic as Abuja-Kaduna Train Derails, Several Carriages Overturn (Photos)
-
News3 days ago
Tanker loaded with LPG somersaults in Ibadan
-
Business3 days ago
Lagos invest in world-class Industrial leather Hub
-
Business2 days ago
Access HoldCo: Roosevelt Ogbonna Quits Board in compliance with CBN regulations
-
Sports3 days ago
Super Falcon’s Ajibade joins PSG
-
Politics3 days ago
Anambra House of Assembly suspends Hon Bernard Udemezue ; What’s his offence?
-
Entertainment2 days ago
Tiwa Savage’s launching ‘This One Is Personal’ new album