Entertainment
Celebrities slam 2face over split from wife, Annie
Social media users and celebrities have criticized Nigerian music icon Innocent Idibia, better known by his stage name 2Baba, for reaffirming his divorce from his wife, Annie.
It was reported on Monday that in a video posted on his Instagram story, 2Baba confirmed his separation from his wife, Annie Idibia, after earlier stating in a now-deleted post that his account was hacked.
“Hello to my beautiful people of all federations. Well, this thing I have to say is short but also long.
I and Annie Macaulay have been separated for a while now, and currently filing for divorce.
“I would grant a press release soon to say my story. Not because it is anyone’s right to know about my personal life but because I love my people and I need them to know my innocence or offence.
Stay blessed my people. I love you all”, he stated.
Soon after, the singer posted another message where he stated that his page had been hacked.
It read, “My Instagram account has been hacked; efforts are being carried out to take back control. #onelove!”
In a later turn of events, 2Baba posted two videos clarifying the situation. He confirmed that his account had not been hacked, contradicting the previous claim.
“Yo, bless some more people. Nobody hacked my accounts. Na me yarn weytin I yarn.
the announcement of their split, the singer faced backlash from some celebrities and social media users who criticized his decision, while few rallied around him in support.
TV personality Toke Makinwa, in a post responding to the singer’s post confirming his split from Annie, stated, “This is wrong on all levels; you should be ashamed for bringing this here.
Bring it on, if you think she is alone; let me tell you here that you will have to fight us all.
Entertainment
Nollywood’s Mercy Johnson Becomes Governor Okpebholo’s Special Adviser
Johnson-Okojie, in her new role as special adviser on public engagement and advocacy, would deploy her vast public influence, communication expertise and grassroots reach to strengthen citizens’ engagement with government policies and programmes.
• Mercy Johnson-Okojie
Edo State Governor Monday Okpebholo has appointed prominent actress, Mercy Johnson-Okojie, as special adviser on public engagement and advocacy.
Johnson-Okojie was, in 2017, appointed as senior special assistant (SSA) on Entertainment, Arts and Culture to former Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State.
This is disclosed by Secretary to Edo State Government, Musa Ikhilor, describing Johnson-Okojie as an accomplished Nigerian actress, producer, entrepreneur and philanthropist.
“Johnson-Okojie, in her new role as special adviser on public engagement and advocacy, would deploy her vast public influence, communication expertise and grassroots reach to strengthen citizens’ engagement with government policies and programmes,” said the statement.
It said the appointment underscored Governor Okpebholo’s commitment to harnessing the expertise, credibility and public goodwill of distinguished Nigerians in advancing the administration’s vision for a prosperous and united Edo State.
Entertainment
Donald Trump: I love Nicki Minaj
In a video of the event circulating online, Trump told the audience: “How about Nicki Minaj? Do we love Nicki Minaj? I love Nicki Minaj. She was here a couple of weeks ago. She’s so beautiful, her skin’s so beautiful. I said, ‘Nikki, you’re so beautiful.’ Her nails are so long.”
United States President Donald Trump has expressed admiration for American rapper Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty, popularly known as Nicki Minaj, describing her as “so beautiful”.
Speaking at a Black History Month event in Washington, the 79-year-old president praised the 43-year-old rapper’s appearance in remarks that quickly went viral on social media.
In a video of the event circulating online, Trump told the audience: “How about Nicki Minaj? Do we love Nicki Minaj? I love Nicki Minaj. She was here a couple of weeks ago. She’s so beautiful, her skin’s so beautiful. I said, ‘Nikki, you’re so beautiful.’ Her nails are so long.”
He continued, recounting a lighthearted exchange with the rapper during her recent visit.
“I said, Nikki, are they real? She didn’t want to get into that, but she was so beautiful and so great. And she gets it, more importantly,” Trump said.
According to the president, he first took note of Minaj’s appearance when she visited the White House in recent weeks.
Trump’s remarks came shortly after Nicki Minaj marked Presidents’ Day by sharing photos referencing her growing rapport with the president.
The images, posted on her X account, carried the caption: “Happy President’s Day.”
Reports also indicate that the rapper attended the Trump-backed World Liberty Forum on Wednesday, where she participated as a keynote speaker on a panel titled “Owning the Culture: The Business of Music in a Creator-Led Economy.”
Minaj previously met Trump in January at the Trump Accounts Summit in Washington, D.C., where she stood beside him and described herself as the “president’s No. 1 fan.”
Entertainment
Nollywood Actress Aunty Ajara dies after illness
We also use this opportunity to appeal to those sending money not to send it anymore. The one we are contributing for her sake is no more. Thank you so much. We do not want you to send money into that account again.”
Nollywood actress Ajara Lasisi, popularly known as Aunty Ajara, is dead.
Her death was announced this morning by Nollywood director, Tobi Oladele Teemony, also known as Tee Mony.
In a statement shared on Instagram, he said: “With heavy hearts, we announce the passing of our beloved actress, Aunty Ajara.
Aunty Ajara died overnight after a long and courageous battle with illness.
Teemony said that the dead actress received “immense love, prayers, and financial support from kind-hearted people across the world during her illness.
“We are deeply grateful to everyone who stood by her with prayers, contributions, encouragement, and compassion,” he added.
He also urged members of the public to stop sending donations to the account previously shared for her treatment, stating that financial contributions were “no longer required”.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with her family, loved ones, and everyone grieving this painful loss,” the statement added.
Following her death, her elder brother, Ridwan Lasisi, said that the families appreciate the efforts of the Hollywood president and all industry members.
“We also use this opportunity to appeal to those sending money not to send it anymore. The one we are contributing for her sake is no more. Thank you so much. We do not want you to send money into that account again.”
-
Business3 days agoDangote Forecasts Major Naira Appreciation to ₦1,100 per Dollar in 2026
-
News2 days agoOndo monarch gunned down outside palace
-
News2 days agoDSS suit against SERAP adjourns indefinitely
-
International3 days agoFive Critically Injured in Catastrophic Explosion at Upstate New York Church
-
Politics2 days agoRivers lawmakers halt impeachment of Fubara and Odu, following Tinubu’s interventions
-
News3 days agoBREAKING: President Tinubu Signs Electoral Act Amendment Bill into Law Ahead of 2027 Polls
-
Politics3 days agoNigerian Senate Passes Controversial Electoral Act Amendment Bill Amid Heated Debate
-
Business2 days agoNAFDAC Seals 18 Warehouses Over Expired Products in Niger State
