Connect with us

Crime

BREAKING: Jubilation As Four Abducted Sisters of Late Nabeeha Regains Freedom

Published

on

301 Views

Four of the six Al-Kadriyar sisters who were abducted from the Bwari area of Abuja in early January have regained their freedom.

Ohibaba.com understands that the Al-Kadriyar sisters were released around midnight of Saturday.

The sisters were abducted alongside their dad and some residents of the community.

However, their father was immediately released purportedly to sort out the ransom.

The kidnappers had subsequently handed the family a deadline for the payment of ransom.

Last week, news emerged that Nabeeha, one of the sisters, was killed by the abductors.

After killing the victim, the bandits reportedly raised the ransom from N60 million to N100 million, while threatening to kill the remaining sisters.

Josephine Adeh, police public relations officer for the federal capital territory (FCT), said the sisters, alongside other victims kidnapped in the Bwari area, were rescued by security personnel from the Kajuru forest in Kaduna state.

“Following the relentless advancement of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command Anti-Kidnapping squad in a concerted effort with troops of the Nigerian Army, on the heels of the kidnappers that struck the Zuma 1 area in the Bwari Area Council on the 2nd of January 2024, the FCT Police has rescued the victims and reunited them with their families,” the statement reads.

“The operatives successfully rescued the victims around Kajuru forest in Kaduna state at about 11:30 pm on Saturday 20th January 2024.

“While appreciating the Inspectors General of Police IGP Olukayode Egbetokun ph.D., NPM , for the deployment of the newly commissioned Special Intervention Squad, which has given an uplift to the existing security architecture of the FCT and has brewed public confidence, the Commissioner of Police FCT Command CP Haruna G. Garba psc, wishes to reiterate the command’s commitment to sustaining the robust security deployment made in the area and other parts of the territory for the utmost maintenance of peace for all and sundry.”

There has been an escalation of kidnappings and banditry in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital city, in recent times.

On Saturday, the police announced that some of the kidnappers have been apprehended and their ammunition seized.

Nyesom Wike, minister of the FCT, has assured residents that security agencies have intensified efforts to nip the abductions and banditry in the bud.

The minister also said the kidnappers responsible for the spate of recent abductions would be arrested and made to face the full wrath of the law.

Ohibaba.com can also confirm that the abducted victims from SANGWARI Estate have been released.

All 7 remaining, 10 were initially abducted while 3 were killed to induce payment.

Crime

BREAKING: Bellarmine Chatunga Mugabe Arrested in Johannesburg After Alleged Shooting at Home

Published

on

21 Views

Bellarmine Chatunga Mugabe, the youngest son of the late former Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe, has been arrested following a shooting incident at his residence in the upscale Hyde Park suburb.

According to reports from South African media outlets including eNCA and IOL, as well as Gauteng police investigations, an employee—described variably as a security guard or gardener—was shot during an apparent dispute at the property.

The victim is in critical condition and receiving medical treatment.Police responded to the scene, where Mugabe was reportedly taken into custody in connection with the shooting.

Some unconfirmed social media accounts and early reports mentioned police negotiators attending amid claims the suspect had barricaded himself, but he was subsequently arrested.

This marks the latest in a series of legal troubles for Bellarmine Chatunga Mugabe, who has previously faced charges related to assault in Zimbabwe, including incidents involving security personnel and law enforcement.

The investigation by the South African Police Service (SAPS) is ongoing, with more details expected as the case develops. Authorities have not yet released an official statement on charges or motives.

The incident has drawn significant attention online and in regional media, given the family’s prominent political legacy.

Continue Reading

Crime

BREAKING: ICPC Confirms Nasir El-Rufai in Its Custody, Not DSS

Published

on

23 Views

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has officially confirmed that former Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai is currently in its custody in connection with an ongoing investigation.

In a statement issued late Wednesday by the commission’s Head of Media and Public Communications, J. Okor Odey, the ICPC stated: “Malam Nasiru El-Rufai, the former Governor of Kaduna State, is in our custody as at close of work today, Wednesday the 18th day of February, 2026. Malam Nasiru El-Rufai is in the custody of the Commission in connection with investigations.

“The confirmation comes amid earlier widespread reports suggesting that El-Rufai had been taken into custody by the Department of State Services (DSS) following his release on administrative bail by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) around 8 p.m. on Wednesday.

Witnesses and initial sources indicated that operatives from another security agency—widely reported as the DSS—were waiting at the EFCC headquarters in Abuja and immediately detained him upon his release after two nights in EFCC custody.

However, the ICPC’s statement clarifies that El-Rufai is now under its authority, addressing the confusion in initial media accounts that attributed his latest detention to the DSS.

Details of the specific allegations under ICPC investigation were not disclosed in the statement, though El-Rufai’s earlier EFCC questioning reportedly related to financial matters during his tenure as governor from 2015 to 2023, including probes linked to substantial state funds.

The sequence of events began on Monday when El-Rufai honored an EFCC invitation over alleged corruption, leading to his detention for questioning. After being granted bail on Wednesday evening, the rapid transfer to another agency has sparked fresh developments in what appears to be a multi-agency scrutiny of the former governor.

Further details on the handover process—whether involving the DSS or direct ICPC action—remain unclear, as the ICPC has not elaborated beyond confirming custody. El-Rufai, a prominent political figure and former ally of President Bola Tinubu, has faced multiple probes in recent months.

Continue Reading

Crime

BREAKING: DSS Charges El-Rufai with Cybercrime Over Alleged Phone Tapping

Published

on

43 Views

The Department of State Services (DSS) has filed cybercrime charges against former Kaduna State Governor Nasir El-Rufai at the Federal High Court in Abuja, accusing him of involvement in the unlawful interception of phone communications belonging to National Security Adviser Nuhu Ribadu.

QAccording to court documents, the charges stem from El-Rufai’s statements during a live interview on Arise Television’s Prime Time programme on February 13, 2026. In the broadcast, he reportedly admitted to accessing an intercepted conversation in which Ribadu allegedly instructed security operatives to arrest him upon his return to Nigeria.

Prosecutors allege that this interception seriously compromised national security and public safety, creating widespread fear among citizens by exposing vulnerabilities in high-level communications.

The three-count charge accuses El-Rufai of violating provisions of the Cybercrimes (Prohibition, Prevention, etc.) Amendment Act 2024 and the Nigerian Communications Act 2003. He faces allegations of direct participation in the unlawful interception as well as failing to report those responsible for the act to the appropriate authorities.

The development follows intense public backlash and calls for investigation after El-Rufai’s televised remarks, which drew criticism from political figures, including presidential aides, who described the admission as a confession to illegal wiretapping of a top security official.

El-Rufai has previously denied direct wrongdoing in related controversies, framing his comments within broader claims of surveillance practices by government agencies.

The case is expected to heighten political tensions ahead of future elections as proceedings unfold in court.

Continue Reading

Trending