News
Wike signs 5,481 C-of-O in 1yr, FCT land allottees now get title documents in 2 weeks
As of December 31, 2024, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has signed a total of 5,481 Certificates of Occupancy (C-of-O), the Minister’s Senior Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, has said.
This is 2,919 less than the total number of C-of-O printed and signed by the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) from 2010 to 2023 (13 years).
In a statement on Tuesday, Olayinka said; “the moment necessary payments are made, land allottees can now get their C-of-O within two weeks.”
He said “one of the reasons land allottees do not find it compelling to pay for their C-of-O is because when they pay, they wait for years.
But in line with the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s government, that has changed now.
“Even uploading of necessary information to show when a C-of-O is collected as well as details on the collector that used to take months, is now done within 72 hours.
”Giving details of C-of-O produced and signed in the FCT in the last 15 years, the Minister’s Spokesperson said; “From May 2010 to May 2015, total of 5,655 Certificates of Occupancy were produced and signed.
“From May 2015 to May 2019, a total of 1,174 Certificates of Occupancy were produced and signed, while 1,571 were done between May 2019 and May 2023.
“Meanwhile, from May 2023 that President Tinubu assumed office till December 31, 2024, a total of 5,481 Certificates of Occupancy were produced and signed by the FCT Minister.
“Also, in the next few weeks, land allottees whose C-of-O are ready for collection will begin to receive auto-generated SMS because it has been discovered that most of them don’t even know that their title documents are ready.”
News
Defence Headquarters say X Account Compromised
The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.
The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has issued a notification to the public, media representatives, and relevant stakeholders regarding the compromise of its official account on X (formerly known as Twitter).
The Director of Defence Information, Major General Samaila Uba, disclosed this in a statement, describing the incident as a cybersecurity matter.
He said “appropriate technical measures had been activated to secure the account and prevent further unauthorised access.”
Uba assured the public that efforts were ongoing to fully restore control of the account, while advising members of the public to disregard any suspicious, unauthorised or misleading content posted from the account during the period.
News
Edo Assembly Speaker Agbebaku Resigns Amid Impeachment Plot
The Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Blessing Agbebaku, has resigned following moves by some lawmakers to impeach him.
Agbebaku said his decision came after extensive consultations with his constituency and party leaders.
In related developments, other principal officers of the House, including the Majority Leader and his deputy, have been suspended.
Agbebaku had served as Speaker for six years, having assumed the position during the tenure of former Governor Godwin Obaseki. He defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC) after the 2024 Edo governorship election.
Yekini Idiaye has emerged as the new Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly.
News
NMMA shortlist 972 entries for 2026 awards
NMMA was founded by a former Chairman of Daily Times, the late Alhaji Babatunde Jose, who led the organisation for 10 years.
The Nigerian Media Merit Award (NMMA) said that it has shortlisted 972 of 1,112 entries for this year’s awards.
The Chairman of the NMMA Panel of Assessors, Otunba Dele Adetiba, said that the entries for the 34th edition cut across print, radio, and television categories.
Chairman of the NMMA Board of Trustees, Prof. Dayo Duyile, said that the award was established in 1990 to promote professionalism, ethical journalism and excellence among media practitioners.
Duyile, a veteran journalist and academic, said the NMMA was founded by a former Chairman of Daily Times, the late Alhaji Babatunde Jose, who led the organisation for 10 years.
-
Health3 days agoGov Mbah Invest in world-class Enugu International Hospital
-
Politics2 days ago#OsunDecides2026: First Results Emerge as Voting Ends, Collation Begins at Polling Units
-
Politics2 days ago(UPDATED) #OsunDecides2026: INEC Uploads 3,119 of 3,763 Polling Unit Results as Collation Continues
-
Politics3 days agoHAPPENING NOW: Security Beefed up at INEC Office in Osun Ahead of Saturday’s Governorship Election
-
Politics1 day agoBREAKING: Adeleke coasts to victory winning 19 LGs, APC’s Oyebamiji secures 11 LGs
-
Politics2 days agoOsun Poll: Youths Accuse APC of Vote-Buying in Ejigbo (Video)
-
Politics3 hours agoKebbi Governor picks new running mate , Ibrahim Augie
-
Politics2 days ago#OsunDecides2026: Adeleke Urges Tinubu to Protect Votes During Collation
